Cooper doll (action figure)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Cooper doll (action figure)

Post by Jonah »

Spotted this on ebay. Does anyone know, did they actually make a Cooper action figure? I had a bizarre idea that maybe this is just a doll from the character he played in that "Flinstones" movie dressed up in a suit and coat!
:D

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No official doll was ever made.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

I wish Sideshow Collectibles would pick up the Twin Peaks license and release a few 12-inch and Premium Format figures. I'd especially like a PF Agent Cooper with a doppelganger change-o-head. I won't hold my breath...
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

D0ppelgangerDale wrote:I wish Sideshow Collectibles would pick up the Twin Peaks license and release a few 12-inch and Premium Format figures. I'd especially like a PF Agent Cooper with a doppelganger change-o-head. I won't hold my breath...
Yep, I agree, something like that would be cool, but some of Sideshows figures don't look that great IMO. A Twin Peaks set would have to really be good to get me to buy some. Their X-Files look quite off from their actor counterparts, so I'm a bit mixed. They have produced quality stuff, but I just don't like the detail on some of them. McFarlane used to make some really excellent license figures that looked exactly like their actors (I know they still had to get the permission to use their face), so I'd think they would have made some excellent Twin Peaks figures back in the day. Its unfortunate that what they do now isn't as interesting as they did a few years ago.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

You're right. McFarlane is very skilled at capturing likenesses, for the most part. NECA is good, too, and it has a line called Cult Classics. Maybe one of the two companies will release a few Twin Peaks figures one day. Crazier things have happened.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

NECA are also good. I own the Halloween Michael Myers/Dr. Loomis set which I think is excellent. I think a Red Room/Black Lodge set similar to this could also be cool. It could be just Cooper's dream with the old Cooper, the Little Man & Laura. I think that would be excellent.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

McFarlane Twin Peaks figures would be a beautiful thing. A Black Lodge set is second only to the FWWM deleted scenes on my DL wish list! I have the NECA Nightmare Before Christmas action figures, which are excellent, but McFarlane is much better IMHO. Their Austin Powers figures are beautiful. The Heather Graham/Felicity Shagwell figure gives you some idea how great a Twin Peaks line could be. I'm sure it'll happen one day, once the've finished strip-mining sci-fi and horror. Clive Barker did his own Tortured Souls series with McFarlane. Maybe when DL gets bored of coffee and lamps he'll branch out into action figures?
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Yeah, & imagine a Bob figure produced by McFarlane. Could definitely be quite creepy. I do wish though, that McFarlane would go back to classic film figures. I absolutely loved the Norman Bates figure he produced back in late '99, & the Jaws model made a few years ago. Twin Peaks has so many possibilities, but unfortunately its unlikely it'd happen.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

You are right, there isnt enough demand. Only way they could release a figure or figures is to bundle them with the upcoming box, like the 3rd season comic would have been. That would be a great set. The DVDs and a figure or two (cooper, bob, laura in plastic)