POLL fav character

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Favorite Twin Peaks Character?

Dale Cooper
36%
Audre Horne
8%
Ben Horne
8%
Harry S Truman
No votes
Log Lady
3%
Laura Palmer
18%
Shelley Johnson
3%
Maddie Ferguson
No votes
Andy
No votes
Lucy
3%
Hawk
5%
Bobby Briggs
3%
Leland Palmer
3%
MFAP
No votes
Bob
No votes
Dr. Jacoby
No votes
Sarah Palmer
3%
Gordon Cole....
5%
Nadine
No votes
Albert Rosenfeld
5%

Total votes: 39
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

POLL fav character

Post by TwinsPeak »

Was only allowed 20 names, I'm sure I left some favorites out. However this is the list I thought of. I had 21 names at 1st, I erased Donna. If your favorite is not on the list post it.....Everyone is allowed 2 votes. :)
Last edited by TwinsPeak on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: POLL fav character

Post by Soolsma »

This guy!

Nah, just kidding..

Aside from obvious favorites like Dale, Laura, the Log Lady, Sarah, Leland, BOB, Garland, Gordon; I find myself being most intrigued by the giant recently. Whatever character I'm most fond of is very prone to change. Past/other favorites are Albert, Sam Stanley, Jeffries, little Jimmy the lodge singer, Candie (!) and Senorita Dido.

Sad to see Evelyn Marsh and John Justice Wheeler are not included on your list.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Wow I forgot Gordon Cole...duh.. I knew I would forget a big one

EDIT* switched out Agent Desmond for Gordon.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

If Major Briggs made the list it probably woulda been him and Hawk
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Any "Favourite TP Character" list that omits Windom Earle is a DUD in my book! :D My pick is and always will be Cooper, of course, and frankly can't see why such a list is even necessary when your leading man is Dale Cooper, but I'd like to see Windom's name on there just the same.

P.S.: Don't take offence because of my remarks, please. I'm just having some fun.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

All good, I actually asked people to post their favs even if not on the list.

I actually regret putting Cooper on the list, It probably would have been more interesting of a list had I left him out.

Garland, The Giant and Earle should be on the list....but who to leave out?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Hm, that's quite a tough one, since the list only allows up to twenty entries and TP has so many characters, more often than not so colorful they invoke strong reactions even when they're there only for a few minutes. Like, I'm practically convinced there's a person who'd choose as his favorite the guy who sells Bobby and Shelly that device for invalids :)

Seriously, though, if some of them have to go, I'd go with the importance factor as the eliminating criteria, namely, how (much) is a character important for the development of the series' central themes, for plights of main character(s), how does his inclusion propel the narrative forward (or not) etc. In this light, I nominate Andy, Lucy, and Nadine to be omitted and replaced with the three you mention.
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

I have to admit this is the hardest poll i have been faced with...
(this post is to narrow down to just two...)
I have six characters that i love... for different reasons.
Cole, Coop, Lucy, Dougie, Briggs, and Leland

(i mean technically Dougie is Coop via the return... but still, the personalities are completely different...)

Leland's story has inspired my first Piano Concerto. (which at first was kinda unintended until i was rewatching TP. And realized it kinda matched especially after he broke.)

My favourite part of the full series was when Cole and Shelly were kissing and Bobby comes in to the diner... But Cole's personality is the best, (when i first watched it, i failed to realize that he was Lynch till that episode... (i look at end credits when i find a character i really like or relate to. or am unsure of who it was... i didn't realize Maddy/Laura were the same actress... let alone Laura Dorn playing Diane...)

Briggs at first was probably low on my list. around the same time Bobby was low on the list... however, Briggs is probably the most mysterious of all the characters. (there is not much back story on him... he probably also was the template for Eugene's personality in The Walking Dead.)

Anyways...

Lucy is a sure option, because she reminds me a lot of my own personality. but it is the other four that are the tough decision.

so now we are left with for the second option; Leland, Dougie, Briggs, Cole, and Coop.

...and i cannot decide... so i will just vote for Lucy.