Twin Peaks DVD at Comic Con Reports

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks DVD at Comic Con Reports

Post by dugpa »

Anyone going to the Comic Con, please post a report of the DVD Panel featuring the upcoming box set. I'm unable to make it this year but hope we will hear from those of you that are going.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

deleted scenes confirmed. more will be posted at 7pm pst
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I just fell off my chair!!
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Here's some more, as reported on TVGuide.com by Gord Lacy (TVShowsonDVD.com)
Charlie de Lauzirika, DVD producer for Twin Peaks (along with many, many other titles) was on hand at the "DVD Sneak Peak 2007" panel moderated by Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan from The Digital Bits. de Lauzirika talked about the October 20 release of Twin Peaks - Definitive Gold Box Edition.

The set will include both the domestic and international pilot episodes (the international pilot had a drastically different ending), plus all the season 1 and 2 episodes. It was rumored that the set wouldn't include deleted scenes, but that's completely false; they'll be on the set, plus all the "Log Lady Intros," the Twin Peaks coffee commercials (I'm told these were spoofs of the show), a documentary "Secrets From Another Place: Making Twin Peaks" and "Slice of Lynch," a roundtable discussion with David Lynch, Kyle McLaughlin, Madchen Amick, and one other person (he wasn't mentioned on the piece they showed us).

There will be hours of new and vintage material on the set, and de Lauzirika said "We got away with murder" when talking about the amount of material they're putting on the set. We can't wait to see what else will be included.
Deleted scenes, plus the coffee commercials, plus more!!?!? This is a dream, right?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Holy Crap!!! I'm so glad i waited for this!!! Is this for real???

:D :D :D
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I just moistened myself.
Black_Lodge

Post by Black_Lodge »

Oh Great news!!! This was the perfect way to end my frustrating day! I'm so excited now! Thanks for sharing this jmichael! :wink:
"I'll see you in the trees..."
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Wow, this is superb news, I can't believe we're getting the deleted scenes!

The next question is will they be remastered or not?

Seems like they're throwing on everything but the kitchen sink.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Still no word on commentaries yet? Hmmm...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

No commentaries from what I've been told. But then again, proof as with today, things can change in a matter of days...

Knowing Lynch, he most likely would not allow commentaries on his box set. Even if they have already been recorded.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Sounds like a there are still a number of surprises on this box set. I like what has been revealed so far. I'm still looking foward to news on original sound mixes, new commentaries, Donahue show, Lucy ad breaks and so on and so forth...
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Holy crap. Did they mention which Deleted Scenes? Will Lynch be editing them? Will there be any blooper reels?

I was mighty pissed when I read there would not be Deleted Scenes on the new DVD set. I sent Paramount a lengthy letter. I really hope this is true.

I still remember when New Line originally announced Deleted Scenes for FWWM at the 2000 VSDA only to retract the announcement. I really don't think I could bear a disappointment like that again.

Thanks Dugpa for any part you might have had in making this happen! Rock on!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Was there any mention about the Twin Peaks Season 2 Soundtrack? Is this being packaged with the DVD boxset or separately?
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Yes, this is excellent news. I am certainly surprised that the deleted scenes have been confirmed, but here's hoping that Paramount aren't being lazy & just put them on in awful, unrestored condition, but I think its best to wait until its released to jump to any conclusions.

I'm certainly glad to see that David Lynch, Sheryl Lee & Ray Wise have interviews this time, speaking of interviews, I'm hoping that they are fairly long, & a decent amount of time for each people. Not just 5 minutes for one person, & 30 seconds for someone else, which was the case on the Season 1 set.
goodguyseatpie

Post by goodguyseatpie »

Deleted scenes!

Wow, this is much more than I had expected! I'll definitely be double dipping for this set.