Twin Peaks VR game

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Twin Peaks VR game

Post by Soolsma »

Yep, it's actually coming.

From: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... -official/
"Bringing life to the world of TWIN PEAKS like never before, Twin Peaks VR includes iconic moments and settings from 2017’s 18-part limited event series TWIN PEAKS, as well as the original landmark television series. Utilizing lines and sounds from the show itself, players will travel to Glastonbury Grove, only to end up in the puzzling Red Room. Fans of the series will follow in the footsteps of Special Agent Dale Cooper and try to make their way back into the life they left behind."
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks VR game

Post by N. Needleman »

Now they can finally make the Super Nintendo RPG (or was it NES?).
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

^- A fan based effort would very much be in place for that. That one fan made Black Lodge pixel game is probably as far as it'll go in that department though.

I am definitely going to bug some friends with VR headsets when this comes out.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I will note again that an official video game promoted by Showtime is an awful lot of effort to go to for a show that is supposedly not coming back.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

And I'll note that it's 2018 and if there's a cow to be milked, it shall be - a process that completely ignores factors that come in to play with a very intricate creative process like making s4 would be..

But yeah, fingers crossed behind my back
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Lynch would never sign off on or allow this if he didn't want it.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Agreed. I just mean that Showtime and the game company will probably want to make their extra buck whether a S4 is coming or not. The market is there.

I wonder if Lynch had any hand in the creation of the game, I doubt it. I'm sure he thinks it's a really cool idea.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Well, he would have to have had a hand insofar as approving it. It would not be at his event, or exist at all, without his clearance and I'd expect approval of content. I doubt he's not looked at it at all. He also vetoed Showtime's massive planned ad campaign for Season 3 - he could stop this regardless of what Showtime would want (nor do I think they'd co-sponsor his events or be involved with this game if Twin Peaks was seen by them as one and done, a year later).
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Wow, really excited about this! The fan made Twin Peaks VR experience from The Archivist totally blew me away in the HTC Vive. I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a 4th season.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

FWIW, the press release claims Lynch is involved.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:Now they can finally make the Super Nintendo RPG (or was it NES?).
There was a Nintendo game in development earlier?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

N. Needleman wrote:FWIW, the press release claims Lynch is involved.
Nice!!! Source?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:FWIW, the press release claims Lynch is involved.
Nice!!! Source?
http://collider.com/twin-peaks-vr/
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I am sorry but that doesn't really state that he had a hand in the creative process of it other than creating the TV series it's based on..
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

He would never rubberstamp this without approving its content.