Deleted Scenes

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Cappy wrote:Wasn't there something filmed with the Giant/Fireman in the Red Room for Season 3? In some of the behind the scenes clips it looks like they are doing a scene with him. Someone suggested that Lynch had filmed Carel Struycken delivering the lines spoken by the Arm, I guess as a back-up in case the Arm didn't look good in post-production.


I don’t remember off-hand what he was saying, but it wasn’t one of the Arm’s lines. It was something that didn’t appear on the show. It might have just been a word or two.
LateReg
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby LateReg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Cappy wrote:Wasn't there something filmed with the Giant/Fireman in the Red Room for Season 3? In some of the behind the scenes clips it looks like they are doing a scene with him. Someone suggested that Lynch had filmed Carel Struycken delivering the lines spoken by the Arm, I guess as a back-up in case the Arm didn't look good in post-production.


I don’t remember off-hand what he was saying, but it wasn’t one of the Arm’s lines. It was something that didn’t appear on the show. It might have just been a word or two.


For some reason I'm under the impression that it was going to be the same conversation he had with Coop in black and white at the beginning, but they might have also shot it in the Red Room. No idea if there's any evidence to back this up, but that's what's in my mind for some reason.
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Jonah » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:22 am

What's this talk of a forthcoming new deleted scene from Season 1 to be released? Is it going to be on the new Z-A boxset? Does anyone know what the scene is?
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:41 am

Jonah wrote:What's this talk of a forthcoming new deleted scene from Season 1 to be released? Is it going to be on the new Z-A boxset? Does anyone know what the scene is?


Haven’t heard anything about this. Source?
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Jonah » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:42 am

I think I saw something online about it, possibly even on Jerry's twitter (but don't hold me to that - I'll have to check). It might also have been on reddit, but I'm pretty sure it was on TPA on twitter. (I'll check. Hard to keep track sometimes with so much info on so many things flying around everywhere!)

Edit - Yep. Here. https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchve/sta ... 9912666113
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:47 am

Jerry/TPA has in the past released a few random outtakes/alternate takes/flubs from the original series that he came into possession of who-knows-how, so it might be something he’s planning on posting. That’s exciting!
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Jonah » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:49 am

Ah ok. I thought it might be on that boxset due to the December date (even though the boxset seems to now have been pushed back to January).
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:58 am

Jonah wrote:Ah ok. I thought it might be on that boxset due to the December date (even though the boxset seems to now have been pushed back to January).


The BBFC is usually a good source for seeing what content is on a home release, as they approve all content and list it on their website. Jerry posted the link to the BBFC page for ‘Z to A’ on that thread, and it doesn’t look like there’s any new deleted scenes.
User avatar
Rudagger
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Rudagger » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:43 am

Cappy wrote:Wasn't there something filmed with the Giant/Fireman in the Red Room for Season 3? In some of the behind the scenes clips it looks like they are doing a scene with him. Someone suggested that Lynch had filmed Carel Struycken delivering the lines spoken by the Arm, I guess as a back-up in case the Arm didn't look good in post-production.


Yeah, you definitely see clips of him in the Red Room. And I think him messing around/experimenting with Dern's Red Room sequence. Who knows if any of it adds up to full-blown scenes, or just shots and small ideas.

No idea regarding the latter point, if they had him filling in for the Arm.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests