Cover Art and some more info on Complete Series box set!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Charles, wow, your covers rock! I love all of them. And think the Kyle/Sherilyn photo should be on back of any one. It so sums up all of TP. Plus of course a good photo of Laura wrapped in plastic. I hate the Gold Box. I could just about live with it if they got rid of the gold and the "definitive" bit. Complete Mystery is such a better title (although without FWWM, it isn't really "complete").

Why can't Paramount and the rest just cop on and pull their fingers out! We need and DEMAND the following:

"¢ Deleted Scenes (Preferably good transfers but at this point, I'd watch ANY quality!)

"¢ The Georgia Coffee Commercials (Essential, oh god, we NEED them!) ' The Last TP things ever shot, these are as close to a Season 3 as we'll ever get! And if they just did new transfers (which couldn't cost that much for what amounts to about only 2 minutes of footage in total) ' OH WOW! Don't think it will ever happen though

"¢ ALL ABC promos, previously and next ons, advertisements, etc.

"¢ Julee Cruise "Falling"music video

"¢ TV show clips of interviews and stuff with cast and crew from 1990 and 1991, especially the Donahoe episode! (which I own on a media disc but would love to see as a complete and cleaned up special feature)

"¢ Full Log Lady Introductions (with option to watch all of them together)

-- New features like:

"¢ A new Retrospective documentary (feature-length!) with DL, MF and as much cast and crew as possible (particularly missing people like Michael Ontkean, Joan Chen, Diane Keaton, etc.! + remembrances for people like Jack Nance and Frank Silva).

"¢ "Twin Peaks"around the world feature ' It was a hit all across Europe, the US, and major big in Japan!

"¢ A documentary with someone like Mark Frost saying where TP might have gone, had there been a Season 3.

-- And with FWWM, the DELETED SCENES! Even if they're not included in this set, at the very least one day in a separate FWWM set!

Does anyone remember the old VHS editions? The UK ones have great cover sleeves and the US ones (which I don't own yet) rock ' the chessboard box and the Log box. Wow! And the laserdisc boxes I've seen pictures of have great artwork and design. It's so sad that now ' with the advent of DVD and the Internet and everything ' the artwork was better on videos and laserdiscs 15 years ago 

All said and done, though, I hate to admit it but I'll probably buy anything that's released, my love of TP is so great and never-ending (since it first came out and I was only 11 and watching it a year later on Irish TV).

But I would take out a bloody LOAN to buy a truly definitive set with all above features, great artwork and cool collectibles included. I don't think we'll ever see it all though sadly
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Another Update about Boxset from TVshowsondvd.com

Post by Jonah »

New News just arrived about new Boxset:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7583
Black_Lodge

Re: Another Update about Boxset from TVshowsondvd.com

Post by Black_Lodge »

Jonah wrote:New News just arrived about new Boxset:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7583
Wow Jonah Wow! Its all I have to say. Now they just need to rid of the "Gold Box Deffinitive Edition" text and I'll be happy!
"I'll see you in the trees..."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

It looks like the whole 'Gold' thing has been dropped.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Very interesting, and thanks Jonah for the info. I await with bated breath.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

NO GOLD!!! GREAT NEWS!!!! Thanks.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Gold box gone bye-bye ... thank God! 8)
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Thanks for the update Jonah. While the extras aren't finalised yet, lets hope Paramount actually put as much as they can, even if they are too lazy to get the deleted scenes done. Not saying that the deleted scenes aren't necessary, but there is still no excuse for crap extras.

Apart from interviews (good quality ones BTW), they should even include "minor" things such as photo galleries (Richard Beymer's photos are apparently going to be included), cast, crew & character profiles (for characters, they should just use the Starpics biographies as guidelines or something).

I won't get too hyped on extras as I'll end up disappointed. Hopefully, since Paramount are changing the cover art, they put more effort into the content of the box set. I know Season 2 was a rushed release, but that DVD set was disgraceful.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Glad to see that dugpa has put a note about your designs on the front page Charles, now they are surly spoiled for choice on ideas for a different cover.

Some more atmospheric covers have been added since last I looked :D
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

yes, the gold box is atrocious and hopefully the net reaction made them drop it. hopefully they know we are demanding the deleted scenes. no way am i dropping more money if this set is anything less than spectacular.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Georgia Commercials

Post by Jonah »

Surely they should add on the Georgia Commercials too. Even if they're only so-so quality.

The commericals are on Kyle MacLachlan's site, not bad quality actually.

Come on, CBS/Paramount-whoever, give us some decent extras for once!

Should we all be contacting them at the moment about extras and stuff? Where does one write/email?
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Here's the info for CBS/Paramount:

CBS/Paramount Pictures Corp.
Home Video and DVD Department
5555 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
323-956-5000

Here's the info for the DVD Producer:

http://www.lauzirika.com/
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

whatif wrote:Here's the info for CBS/Paramount:

CBS/Paramount Pictures Corp.
Home Video and DVD Department
5555 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
323-956-5000

Here's the info for the DVD Producer:

http://www.lauzirika.com/
Thanks whatif.

I think we should all write and email them, and also sign the online petition.
Black_Lodge

Post by Black_Lodge »

Hey charles, feel free to add my cover to your site, I dont mind at all, no need to credit me as its creator. :wink:
"I'll see you in the trees..."
stewprime

Post by stewprime »

Woohoo! At least it's official now.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7635

Still no word on the extras though. :(