Cover Art and some more info on Complete Series box set!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

pelley

Post by pelley »

charles wrote:why not something simple like this that uses the classic logo and imagery? Nothing amazing, but straightforward and inoffensive...
These are phenomenal! Any chance you can share the high resolution versions with us? Then we can all make our own boxes to replace the crummy one they put out.

Your front cover is good (simple, classic), but your back cover is truly inspired!

Chris
Black_Lodge

Post by Black_Lodge »

Hey Charles, I really like what you did with the cover art, it would be great if Paramount would change their plans for the cover and use yours one instead of that abominable gold cover! It really doesn't fit the series.
I checked your site for the other cases, I would be happy with anny of them as long as they dont use that Gold cover. I was particularly fond of the 3rd and 5th.
I also gave a try at the cover art, using your same idea for the front if you dont mind, and incorporating the hypnotic blue color for it along with a grunge wood texture.

Cheers!
Last edited by Black_Lodge on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll see you in the trees..."
Zooastur

Post by Zooastur »

really beautiful covers!!
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Charles, these are OUTSTANDING! :shock: You should try create full DVD covers, complete with spine and the back cover... maybe for full season sets or individual cases. I know I'd love to see them. :)
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

That's amazing! How evocative. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely design. Why don't they use something like that for heaven's sake?
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

'Tis high-time someone got a petition going! :shock:
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Here's some interesting information on some of the special features that might be included in this so-called "definitive edition."

This bulletion was posted on MySpace today via the David Lynch Foundation:
A couple months ago I posted a bulletin saying that Richard Beymer's myspace page was up ....However, it has taken him a while to get anything on it because he has been busy doing stuff. Specifically: making movies, writing novels and gathering some of the photos that he took while working on the set of Twin Peaks (to be used in the bonus features of the new Gold Box DVD set that will include the pilot and seasons 1 & 2 -it will be released sometime next fall, October I believe).

I spent a few extra days in Iowa after Lynch Weekend to help Richard with some of his projects and showed him a little about myspace. He has finally posted his first blog and he will be posting more in the future, including videos of Twin Peaks festivals, new movie projects and more good stuff.... So be sure to add myspace.com/richardbeymer to your friends list.

Take Care,
Erin at the David Lynch Foundation
Well, this is a step in the right direction! I think a gallery of Richard's stills would be a great feature. I hope this means other cool surprises are in the works.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

This is great news! I know he is also working on his own website. Let's hope he starts to offer his photos for sale again...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Still not biting until they release Deleted Scenes. While the photos are great, I downloaded the proofs from the site that was up back in the day.

Deleted Scenes is the only way they can call the set definitive and the only way I will double dip this one.
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harmolodic
Roadhouse Member

Post by harmolodic »

Right on Leo.

Charles, your covers are KILLER. Damn that's good work. I love the red light one....

Let's hope the powers that be tune in to the TP web presence and gt it right. (That's assuming that they even want to get it right.)
Black_Lodge

Post by Black_Lodge »

Looks like our prayers have been answered. Lets hope they come up with something along the lines of Charles work for the cover.
"I'll see you in the trees..."
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Leo, thanks for updating us with the page that says Paramount requested the artwork be taken down. I think it is safe to say that they will change it, after all, its the end of June now, & this set is supposed to be out in October.

I am pleasantly surprised to hear about Richard Beymer's photos are going to be on there. If thats the case, then maybe Paramount will do more than just interviews. Speaking of which, I'd quite like to see fairly long interviews (say, roughly 10 minutes for each of the major cast members for the separate interviews), but that isn't going to happen. But still, I hope they just don't pull the short crap they did with Season 2, which sadly, seeing as Paramount are producing this "definitive" set, they probably will be the same style, except more cast members. I guess there is a chance that Paramount will deliver a good set (apart from the deleted scenes which won't happen), but it isn't looking good so far.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

Those covers are excellent. Too bad they couldn't have a contest where fans designed the covers for the set. They would get input from their customer base, and by the looks of Charles' covers, much better finished product than they could create themselves!
stewprime

Post by stewprime »

This seems to be the most definitive thread regarding the upcoming box set. Does anyone have any concrete information stating that it is indeed coming out? All the signs are pointing to yes, but I'd still like to see something official from the studio.