Cover Art and some more info on Complete Series box set!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Okay, I just have to say it one more time ' THE GOLD ONE IS VILE! What depraved mind came up with that concept? Every time I look at it I cringe and feel the need to avert my eyes...IT BURNS!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Well, it might change. I mean it's awhile before it comes out. What's more important to me is if they replace the missing dialogue, include the original audio and include commentairies on all episodes.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Alot of studio's have been too lazy with cover arts, so its no surprise that Paramount have done the same with Twin Peaks. Hopefully it changes, but come on, whats with these stupid gimmicks like "definitive gold edition"? Why not just call it "The Complete Collection", & use a good, simple cover art like what Charles posted?

Gimmicks are awful, & to make a crappy gimmick out of Twin Peaks, especially one that is completely unrelated to the series is just a slap in the face to fans. I wouldn't mind so much if Paramount actually released quality DVDs, but they have rarely released a good DVD that I liked in terms of bonus material.

And good lord, why can't Paramount agree to pay the transfer costs? They won't go out of business if they do, so why should studios always be so selfish? I will be surprised of the special features are great, but I have my doubts about it seeing as we're talking about Paramount here.

Look, they should just cater to the fans this time. I think alot of die hard fans would be happy to buy the series again if the set was worth buying in terms of bonus material such as the deleted scenes. And why include the soundtrack? If Paramount want to have a bonus goodie to go along with it, why not release the set with a small model like the Lord of the Rings sets?

I know it would cost a fair amount for Paramount to give the fans practically everything, but thats why they make the price higher. I would gladly pay $100 US for a set that had tons of bonus material and was created with care, then pay less for a crap set. Its a fair amount of time until October, hopefully this ends up being worth it.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Well this allows Paramount to bring out, in the future, 'The Complete Definitive Gold Edition' and then later 'The Ultimate Complete Definitive Gold Edition', etc,etc. :?

Pardon my sarcasm but it always seems that business strategy is to get the most money for the least amount of output.

How about the 'Diamond' or 'Platinum' Edition

Hmm can't wait! :D
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

this is a joke...the cover art is atrocious. i may just get the pilot off of netflix whenever i feel the need to watch it. if it is all in HD i may cave in, but without deleted scenes or new transfers, they can kiss my ass.
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Brad D wrote:this is a joke...the cover art is atrocious. i may just get the pilot off of netflix whenever i feel the need to watch it. if it is all in HD i may cave in, but without deleted scenes or new transfers, they can kiss my ass.
I absolutely agree with you 100%. I am really disappointed especially since Charles Lauzirika was one of my favorite DVD producers. I mean do they REALLY think that they can get away with having the Pilot as the only real bonus to selling the set? I would much rather rent it from Netflix if it really comes to that. The thing that really makes this such a sore spot is that there has been a petition up for almost 6 years that clearly lists some of the most obvious things that fans have been asking for to be released and forcing the fans to buy a new box set with a few fluff pieces just to own the pilot is total and complete BULLSH*T.

Get off your asses and get those damn Deleted Scenes. I've been a reader of this site for years and have to say good job to Dugpa for telling it how it is. You got balls man. One thing you fail to mention however that in New Line's case, New Line had to pay for the rights to the Deleted Scenes along with the transfer costs whereas CBS/Paramount ALREADY OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE DELETED SCENES, which makes it that much worse that they won't do the right thing and put out a truly DEFINITIVE DVD set.

Lauzirika and CBS/Paramount, you can bite me.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

I agree, that gold box is atrocious. Too bad they cant do a contest to see who could create the best box art. It would be basically free to them, and they would get a ton of fresh ideas (as well as feedback on discussion boards). Wishful thinking I guess...
boyfromstorm

Post by boyfromstorm »

so, i guess we should probably get another petition going to demand that they release the deleted scenes of the series. what is the point of the gold deluxe edition if it has nothing knew to offer? the pilot is fine, but it's not exactly exclusive content, is it? you can buy it elsewhere. although, the quaility leaves much to be desired.

i really don't understand why they wouldn't pay for the transfers. i don't. i'm well aware that the process could prove to be expensive, but a healthy number of people who recently purchased the second season on dvd would return and buy this new golden god. double dipping would be guaranteed. now, as it stands, who knows.

i am glad that they're rereleasing the first season, but in this capacity, bulked in with the second season it doesn't really seem that they have the consumer's best interests in mind. bah. that hardly ever happens anymore.

what should we do?
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Hi all. I've posted more alternative DVD covers over on my site, just for fun. I hope you'll go over and check them out...I would have
posted them here, but there are too many of them...and growing...http://www.moreintwinpeaks.com/
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

charles wrote:Hi all. I've posted more alternative DVD covers over on my site, just for fun. I hope you'll go over and check them out...I would have
posted them here, but there are too many of them...and growing..
All of them better suited to Twin Peaks than the gold one I must say. Well done.

I am drawn to the trees, probably as I find them mysterious and haunting, but the painted wall panel and the red room with the green lettering are striking, especially if set against the deep forest green back ground of the past releases.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

What a bunch of heart warming compliments. Thanks!!!
Last edited by charles on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodguyseatpie

Post by goodguyseatpie »

Man Oh Man, charles, those covers are genius! Each one of them is a million times better than that pukey-gold cover. I particularly like the stop light and the Glastonburry Grove covers, but they're all good. I hope CBS/Paramount hears about the fan reaction to that cover and replaces it with something like your ideas.

I love Twin Peaks so much, and I waited so long for the 2nd season. Having the Log Lady intros and these new interviews are fine, but the picture quality isn't as good as the 1st season set. The fact that all sorts of other good bonus material exists (deleted scenes, news shows & skits/spoofs, heck even fan videos from the Festivals) makes me antsy even thinking that this "Gold" edition might not have any of it.
Kraps

Post by Kraps »

Great covers, man. You've captured the exact feeling. Although I'm a bit afraid CBS might get the idea to release the set with several different covers. Wouldn't be that bad if one of them was yours, and the rest that crappy "professional artwork", but who knows?