Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Agent Earle

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Agent Earle » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 am

Rudagger wrote:
NormoftheAndes wrote:Agent Earle - please provide photo evidence of your claims. Lynch has not looked exactly healthy now for about 15 years or more anyway.

Speculating on one's health from photo ops is a bit .. skeevy. But, he definitely lost a lot of weight in his face over the past couple years (seems to be mostly the past year or so though). Whether that's a health issue, which noticeable weight loss can be, a diet, more exercise, who the hell knows. He could be healthy as a horse, I'm not a doctor. But, just for sake of people asking why people seem to think he looks frail. Here's hoping he lives past 100.

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/wp-conte ... s-2019.jpg

and

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/getty/ ... ormat&q=70

vs

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/twi ... 0823012019

Thanks, Rudagger, that's what I had in mind. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, anyway, I mean I obviously don't have his medical chart, but I can't shake the feeling the man's not well (for instance, the already mentioned Clint Eastwood, who's some 15 years older than Lynch, looks way more sprightly than Lynch). And for the record, I wish that we'll still be having this conversation 20 years from now (not in the ghoulish sense by any means :) ). And now I'm moving on.
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:31 am

Even Richard Donner who is 90 years old is directing Lethal Weapon 5
Metamorphia

Postby Metamorphia » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:06 pm

krishnanspace wrote:Even Richard Donner who is 90 years old is directing Lethal Weapon 5

I'm not a Lethal Weapon fan lol so I'm ignorant on this, but is that really true? I googled it and there's apparently a remark that a LW5 is "in the works" and that Donner is "coming back", but the guy hasn't directed a movie since 2006. Seems more likely that since he is 90 it's more of a producer credit, or possibly he comes on board as a co-writer? Action movies are hellish to shoot.

On Lynch, yeah, there was a discussion about his health a few months back and I am sadly in the camp that I think he looks a little worse for wear.
ManBehindWinkies

Postby ManBehindWinkies » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 am

Literally every person still in the running to become President of the United States for the next 4 to 8 years is around Lynch's age or older. At one point that job might have been considered more grueling than writing and directing a limited series.
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 am

krishnanspace wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7942405/Lethal-Weapon-5-CONFIRMED-stars-Mel-Gibson-Danny-Glover-return-amazing-film.html

I get it has CONFIRMED in all caps in this tabloid headline, but if you read the article (or even better the actual source) you'll see that there isn't even a finished screenplay - much less a greenlit movie. That being said, it would be fun to see one more Richard Donner film.
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:21 am

I wonder if Bob Iger resigning as CEO might clear the way for Disney to pick up Twin Peaks?
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:54 pm

mtwentz wrote:I wonder if Bob Iger resigning as CEO might clear the way for Disney to pick up Twin Peaks?

Please no. They have their fingers in every pie there is at this point. CBS seems an ideal distributor that respects L/F’s complete autonomy.
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:37 pm

mtwentz wrote:I wonder if Bob Iger resigning as CEO might clear the way for Disney to pick up Twin Peaks?

Disney is only interested in making money
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:18 pm

Jasper

Postby Jasper » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:

Please no.

Please no.

Please no.

Please no.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:11 pm

The only thing I want from Disney vis a vis Lynch properties is a proper damn disc of The Straight Story, with voluminous special features.
baxter

Postby baxter » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:30 pm

I was about to say, didn't Disney distribute The Straight Story? I always completely forget about it in my mental chronology of Lynch material. I always see this path from Fire Walk With Me through Lost Highway to Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire, forgetting that The Straight Story is there in the middle. It is such an outstanding film, and it should be hailed as a modern classic at every turn.

The Daily Mail for those who aren't British is pretty much the worst newspaper in the history of mankind. There is a whole website devoted to things that The Daily Mail have said cause cancer, and the things it says cure it. The fun is finding things on both lists.

Getting back to topic, it feels like not much is happening on the S$ gossip and rumour front. I still feel like something is imminent though. :-D
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Disney also produced the initial Mulholland Drive pilot, via their Touchstone subsidiary, and (as recounted in Room to Dream) screwed Lynch creatively and almost prevented the world from ever seeing the project.
Soolsma

Postby Soolsma » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:19 pm

I forgot about The Straight Story! Very much agree Baxter, funny how Lynch called it his most experimental film once. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I think what I meant to say was that contemporary Disney is very determined on keeping it's content suitable for a global market, even more so since the rise of Disney+. Censoring out stuff for the silliest reasons from IP's they bought. I can't even begin to imagine in how many ways a modern Lynch production would clash with Disney's current modus operandi.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”