Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:28 pm

baxter wrote:Nah, not to me. It's designed to remove follow up questions.

Hmmm. Didn't think of it that way.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby krishnanspace » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Yesterday I dreamt about the season 4 premiere. It was Cooper and Carrie trying to get back to their timeline while facing a lot of obstacles on the way, while on the other hand bad things were happening in Twin Peaks.
Gordon and Hawk have paired up for some kind of investigation while Tammy and Sammy were investigating Desmonds disappearance
Last edited by krishnanspace on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
baxter
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby baxter » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Awesome!!
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby krishnanspace » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:38 pm

One distinct thing I remember was a scene where Cooper and Carrie were tiny versions of themselves like the old couple in Mulholland Dr. and they are trying to cross to a different place. Weird dream though. Mr. C was also there
Last edited by krishnanspace on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rainwater
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 am
Location: Under the Sycamore trees

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Rainwater » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 pm

That's funny. I just got up not long ago, had a dream featuring the Jumping Man in some kind of dark junkyard at night. It was pretty cinematic. It was like the whole thing was simultaneously playing on some kind of screen that I was watching, but I was also inside it. (very Lynchian, huh?) I only clearly remember one part. He had a spotlight shining on him, I think was speaking(don't know what, or what language) into a microphone, he was holding some thing that looked sort of like an open album cover, that had an image on one half of it. The image he was holding was exactly the same as the whole "scene" I saw, except in the image, he wasn't there. Then I think I went inside that image and he was gone from view, but then he was there again, and that's about all I can recall. There was a very strong surreal mood in the dream which I can't really describe, I loved it.
φ
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby krishnanspace » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 am

Rainwater wrote:That's funny. I just got up not long ago, had a dream featuring the Jumping Man in some kind of dark junkyard at night. It was pretty cinematic. It was like the whole thing was simultaneously playing on some kind of screen that I was watching, but I was also inside it. (very Lynchian, huh?) I only clearly remember one part. He had a spotlight shining on him, I think was speaking(don't know what, or what language) into a microphone, he was holding some thing that looked sort of like an open album cover, that had an image on one half of it. The image he was holding was exactly the same as the whole "scene" I saw, except in the image, he wasn't there. Then I think I went inside that image and he was gone from view, but then he was there again, and that's about all I can recall. There was a very strong surreal mood in the dream which I can't really describe, I loved it.

I loved mine too. Did not wanna wake up! Maybe we all live inside a dream :)
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Soolsma » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:47 am

I just don't think Kyle would have added a ''probably not'' if there was in fact something brewing he knew about as of recently. There is also definitely not a clause in an NDA which forces him to say that instead of just ''maybe''.

So yeah, he's not saying anything different from before, but I think most of us had expected that something would have changed recently. :roll:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1814
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby mtwentz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:22 am

Soolsma wrote:I just don't think Kyle would have added a ''probably not'' if there was in fact something brewing he knew about as of recently. There is also definitely not a clause in an NDA which forces him to say that instead of just ''maybe''.

So yeah, he's not saying anything different from before, but I think most of us had expected that something would have changed recently. :roll:


He’s Kyle MacLachlan the actor, not Agent Cooper the Boy Scout :-)
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Hester Prynne
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Hester Prynne » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 am

I think it’s possible Kyle wouldn’t know if something’s in the works. He’s been pretty vocal about wanting to do more if Lynch/Frost go that route, so it’s not as if they would need to make sure he’s on board before writing a script. Maybe HHM’s source was someone close to Showtime that knows negotiations are in the works or it’s a way to create some hype to nudge Lynch/Frost into doing more.

Also, just want to say how jealous I am of all the posters that have Twin Peaks dreams!!! If I have any, I don’t remember them. :cry:
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 am

Hester Prynne wrote:Also, just want to say how jealous I am of all the posters that have Twin Peaks dreams!!! If I have any, I don’t remember them. :cry:

Not everyone is allowed to return from the Red Room with their memory intact.
pinballmars
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:08 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby pinballmars » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:37 am

I had a post-Season 3 Twin Peaks dream once. I think I posted it here.

In my dream, Lynch and Frost announced a new series, a Twin Peaks prequel about the early exploits of Gordon Cole and Phillip Jefferies. It was going to cover the Lois Duffy case.
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:05 am

I was watching the interview with Lara Flynn Boyle on vimeo. Yes, she does look very different now, but I'm so sick of everyone talking about her looks. You can't even google her now without getting a ton of horrible tabloid photos. I think this interview was the only one I've ever seen with her where she's mentioned Peaks since the 90's. She comes across as quite a nice person (imo). Not bitchy or nasty. She could always let her face fillers dissolve like Courteney Cox did and make a comeback in Season 4, if we get one. I'd like to see her get some decent roles again one day. I know she probably has some health issues, though, so whatever she feels comfortable with. If she decides not to come back, then hopefully we'd see Moira Kelly instead. Her career also seems to have gone by the wayside, likely for different reasons. I think it's sad, especially for women that seem to find it hard to get roles after 40. Anyway, I would hope we might see Donna in a new series or movie. Either actress would be fine. Or maybe use both as a tongue-in-cheek commentary on doubles and Hollywood recasting. "Roseanne" did something like that. It might be too goofy for Peaks, but then again Peaks can be goofy, so it might work or as a reverse goofy commentary on doubles.

I'd really like to see Chris Isaak back too. He still looks good. Not the greatest actor in the world, but I liked him in FWWM. Even if was to perform a song in the credits like the S3 credits. (Speaking of which, I'd adore to see Tori Amos in one of these. Her song "iieee" would be ideal for that world!)

I'd really like to see Heather Graham too. It's such a shame we never got even a brief glimpse of her in S3, with Norma visiting her while she stares into space vacantly.

I'd also love to see Joan Chen back as Josie and Piper Laurie as Catherine. Maybe Kiefer Sutherland too, but not sure his look would fit that nerdy role anymore. Maybe.

I doubt we'll ever see MJA back now. But who knows. The evolution of the arm seems set in the mythology moving forward, though.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Eric Da Re reprise his role as Leo, even briefly. And maybe Chris Mulkey too. According to Frost's books, both these characters are dead now. But will any future screen incarnations have to hold to that? Plus, apparently we now maybe have an alternative timeline where they might be alive.

And finally would love Ontkean to return, even if they have to fly to Hawaii to film some scenes of him on the phone, or send - as someone jokingly said on reddit - Tammy and Cole there on a jet for a mini Hawaiian vacation!

Not sure if there's anyone else I'd love to see back, but here's hoping if we do get more, we get some of these people we didn't get in S3.
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Soolsma » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:14 am

mtwentz wrote:
Soolsma wrote:I just don't think Kyle would have added a ''probably not'' if there was in fact something brewing he knew about as of recently. There is also definitely not a clause in an NDA which forces him to say that instead of just ''maybe''.

So yeah, he's not saying anything different from before, but I think most of us had expected that something would have changed recently. :roll:


He’s Kyle MacLachlan the actor, not Agent Cooper the Boy Scout :-)


Sorry. What? I do not understand this remark :p
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 am

I checked the news articles to see if any new ones were posted. Nope, but I had a lot of the other ones bookmarked. Here's a compilation of all - or most - of the ones posted to date (thought it would be good to have a list of them to refer back to as an archive in the future, and now that the rumour mill cycle seems to have stopped - or paused):

https://www.newsweek.com/twin-peaks-sea ... te-1462381
https://news.avclub.com/its-rumor-time- ... 1838704486
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/10/david ... 202178287/
http://whatculture.com/tv/david-lynch-w ... s-season-4
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31182 ... -4-rumors/
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainmen ... eaks.html/
https://moviehole.net/twin-peaks-season ... announced/
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/showtim ... ks-season/
https://winteriscoming.net/2019/10/07/f ... ks-coming/
https://screenrant.com/twin-peaks-seaso ... explained/
https://www.dazeddigital.com/film-tv/ar ... oming-back
https://canoe.com/entertainment/televis ... new-season
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-lync ... eaks-2020/
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/twin-peaks ... -showtime/
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/twin-peaks ... 0-release/
http://exclaim.ca/film/article/is_david ... twin_peaks
http://imdb.com/news/ni62638470

Seems to be the same stuff recycled for all of these articles, but it still got a lot of coverage, even if it's just the same few tidbits over and over. And maybe someone sees something I don't? Looking at the rumours now that things have gone quiet and the hype feels over, it's hard to tell what seems like actual hints and what seems like random patterns. But I still think a few of these things seem like more than just random stuff.

Also, a lot of these places seem like smaller outfits that would discuss rumours or pick up clickbait/buzz from other sites, fair enough. But do places like IndieWire and AVClub usually discuss rumours (and social media post rumours at that) like this? Or does the fact that they picked up the story give it any credibility? (I'm guessing not, but just thought I'd check.)
Last edited by Jonah on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Agent Earle
Posts: 909
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Agent Earle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 am

Jonah wrote:I was watching the interview with Lara Flynn Boyle on vimeo. Yes, she does look very different now, but I'm so sick of everyone talking about her looks. You can't even google her now without getting a ton of horrible tabloid photos. I think this interview was the only one I've ever seen with her where she's mentioned Peaks since the 90's. She comes across as quite a nice person (imo). Not bitchy or nasty.



I think the generally adored (among fans, that is) Sherilyn Fenn and her more or less discrete remarks in interviews about the series' legacy she did over the years might have had something to do with the disreputable spot reserved for LFB in the mind of the TP-loving public... Though, to be fair, that refers to LFB's behaviour back then, not to her present-day looks - I think the two have somehow gotten intertwined in people's minds so she now has the reputation of a scheming hag who helped to put the kibosh on TP back when it was still hot property. Life's a bitch, especially when you're an actor/actress whose ship has sailed well over the horizon.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests