Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

My idea would be to have Cooper meet up with Jerry and Dr Amp in the woods and they all camp out under the stars and make a video-cast.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I'm hoping that during this quarantine time Lynch is going through all of the unused footage from Season 3. Whether he uses that footage for Season 4 or just another Missing Pieces, it would be amazing to see.

I believe that during filming of the final scene with Cooper and Carrie outside the Palmer house, there was more filmed than what we saw. I remember reading Cooper and Carrie were filmed walking back to the car after leaving the house, and then driving away together. There were Dugpa spies at the filming that night, and they reported back many details for us.

I also remember reports of a huge fire being filmed late one night. I believe it was an abandoned motel? Anyone else remember that?
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

madeleineferguson wrote:I'm hoping that during this quarantine time Lynch is going through all of the unused footage from Season 3. Whether he uses that footage for Season 4 or just another Missing Pieces, it would be amazing to see.

I believe that during filming of the final scene with Cooper and Carrie outside the Palmer house, there was more filmed than what we saw. I remember reading Cooper and Carrie were filmed walking back to the car after leaving the house, and then driving away together. There were Dugpa spies at the filming that night, and they reported back many details for us.

I also remember reports of a huge fire being filmed late one night. I believe it was an abandoned motel? Anyone else remember that?
I personally feel like their can't be all that much unused footage from S3 -- considering all the random bits Lynch left in (Andy and Lucy buying a chair online, Dougie and son throwing baseball, sweeping the floor of the Roadhouse, all of that first long Audrey/Charlie scene), it does feel like most of what of what was filmed was used. I would love to be wrong about that though.

I don't know much about what they filmed at the Palmer house, but I do suspect they filmed a little bit more then we got to see in the final cut. I read a Lynch interview from the past year or so where he said something about (paraphrasing) stopping things right before they end, as a way of giving audiences room to dream. And it just ends so abruptly, it really feels like there is something missing.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

I'm not gonna go through them but there are myriad reasons why we pretty much know there is no significant "unused footage" beyond maybe some extended/alternate takes that all shows have. There is no Missing Pieces 2 coming. It's a myth.
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

From today's Kyle's AMA

Q(cdowneyg):
Is that gum l like going to come back in style?

Kyle__MacLachlan:

You never know!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... offee_and/
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

:-D
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

FullBlossomOfTheEve wrote:From today's Kyle's AMA

Q(cdowneyg):
Is that gum l like going to come back in style?

Kyle__MacLachlan:

You never know!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... offee_and/
This seems more assuring than his earlier responses
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Here in Europe, most of the lockdowns are being largely lifted. Anyone have some insight on the American movie industry starting up again?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I heard there would be vaccines ready by December so hopefully everthing starts by then
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:Here in Europe, most of the lockdowns are being largely lifted. Anyone have some insight on the American movie industry starting up again?
Unfortunately cases are spiking in the U.S., generally, and certainly in California, and some of the stepped reopenings are being frozen where they are, and in some cases partially reversed.
krishnanspace wrote:I heard there would be vaccines ready by December so hopefully everthing starts by then
For the time being I'd refrain from investing all of your money on this being the case. Here's hoping.
Renamus

Post by Renamus »

krishnanspace wrote:Maybe Coop has an iPhone?
I did find myself wondering about how Mr C went about keeping up with the internet and mobile devices since the early 90s. We could be doing with a spin-off series, where C/Bob spends time reading Wired, and hanging out chatting with staff in phone shops.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Whether the Daily Beast are reliable or not I don't know, but they feature an interview with DL and SS with small tidbits that might give hope that something new is on the horizon:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-lyn ... ref=scroll

On the BLM situation:
"Both Lynch and Sutherland say that America’s ongoing racial reckoning, including clarion calls for increased diversity in front of and behind the camera, has caused them to consider ways to better center BIPOC voices in their work, a subject that Lynch’s features have long interrogated.

“It makes me think about what I’ve been doing and how I can improve in that respect,” reflects Sutherland. She says that, while many David Lynch productions are staffed with long-time Lynch collaborators like Duwayne Dunham, Peter Deming, and Alfredo Ponce, she plans to “give opportunities that haven’t been there in the past” when new projects can begin safely crewing up.

"Lynch, for his part, says that while “it would be wrong to put someone in a role for any other reason than they are perfect for the part,” he also “understands the frustration if people aren’t welcome to the table.” The rule that guides him now after more than five decades of filmmaking is simply to find fellow human beings willing to “follow the ideas” as they come up during production. If that’s the case, “I’m open for anything and I would work with anyone if they were right for the part. Zero problem,” he says.

On the David Lynch Theatre/weather reports project:
"Eventually, Sutherland and Lynch acknowledge, time will run out for this particular project as well, with the director offering cryptically that “there might be things coming along that would mean less time could be spent on the channel.”
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Interesting.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Interesting but I don't know when a new production could realistically get started.

I just think how they've tried to get Major League Baseball started and now MLB is already having problems.

Does anybody know if anybody is filming any major productions right now?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

mtwentz wrote:Interesting but I don't know when a new production could realistically get started.

I just think how they've tried to get Major League Baseball started and now MLB is already having problems.

Does anybody know if anybody is filming any major productions right now?
Lynch has a large property and could theoretically film something in and around his home (that’s how INLAND EMPIRE started). But he seems to be acting super cautious (not even seeing his wife and daughter except across a fence, at least as of a few months ago), so I doubt he will be inviting actors or crews over anytime soon. In terms of a “real” production, here’s a good article on the state of things (with the terrific quote, “No one needs to die for a Michael Bay movie”):
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... roadblocks

Even if Lynch is planning something to be ready to go once things open back up, there’s no reason it has to be TP. It could be literally anything.