Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by baxter »

Jasper: they indeed claimed to be on about something else, but this sort of moves that along for me. They are either totally buillshitting, or there is something in it.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

I’m wondering, since CBS is now in charge of the annual Twin Peaks Festival, if they will announce something at that event (I believe in early April). It seems strange that they took charge of of it after all these years, especially if the show is “over”. I’m becoming more and more hopeful of a season 4 or whatever because of this, the boxed sets recently released, the VR game, and the tweets. There’s a lot of smoke in the air...
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mojo1976 wrote:I’m wondering, since CBS is now in charge of the annual Twin Peaks Festival, if they will announce something at that event (I believe in early April). It seems strange that they took charge of of it after all these years, especially if the show is “over”. I’m becoming more and more hopeful of a season 4 or whatever because of this, the boxed sets recently released, the VR game, and the tweets. There’s a lot of smoke in the air...
That makes sense
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Interesting
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

The show might just be suspended so the Box set sells more. But returning after the festival and the festival in general and the location change of said festival are interesting. Odd even.

and X = 2
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

TwinsPeak wrote:The show might just be suspended so the Box set sells more. But returning after the festival and the festival in general and the location change of said festival are interesting. Odd even.

and X = 2
Console.log(“Season 4 confirmed ”); lol
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Hey, folks! A very merry Christmas to everyone that is still holding out for a S 4 in the near future (or whenever). :)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Agent Earle wrote:Hey, folks! A very merry Christmas to everyone that is still holding out for a S 4 in the near future (or whenever). :)
!!enoyreve samtsirhC yrreM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote:Hey, folks! A very merry Christmas to everyone that is still holding out for a S 4 in the near future (or whenever). :)
It’s gonna happen: keep the faith! Merry Christmas to you and Mr C and Chantel and Hutch and Candy, Mandy and Sandy!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Thanks Earle! All the best to everyone!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Happy Christmas to all.

I wonder if the evolution of the Arm got decorated for the occasion. After all, he used to wear a red suit.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

I don't think the festival thing goes any deeper than CBS realizing they can squeeze some money out of a popular IP that has probably gained a lot of new fans over the last few years.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

BGate wrote:I don't think the festival thing goes any deeper than CBS realizing they can squeeze some money out of a popular IP that has probably gained a lot of new fans over the last few years.
It's possible CBS/Showtime is just trying to milk a fanatical fan base with conventions, merchandise, VR, etc., with no plans for future episodes. But if you want to keep a valuable IP relevant, at some point it is to your advantage to produce new content.

Can you imagine if Disney said, 'Yeah we are going to build a theme park and sell merchandise, but the Star Wars story is done. No future movies'.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Season 4: Shelly falls into a deep depression when "Invitation to Love: The Return" premieres and largely abandons it's late 80's soap opera roots.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Happy New Year People!!! Hope we get some announcement this year as per HHM