Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

Brad D wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?
I am privy to knowledge that *something* Is very close to being a deal and/or announced. Covid isn’t helping but it’s been in the works a while. I have my fingers crossed, and think y’all would be excited. This something is obvy not TP.
Not sure what you can say, but I wonder if this is something only Frost related or Lynch too?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

LateReg wrote:Not sure what you can say, but I wonder if this is something only Frost related or Lynch too?
Well, Brad quoted Jerry's post specifically asking about Frost, but I hesitate to read too much into that.

Let's see, what would be Mark Frost's dream project that has nothing to do with TP? Perhaps a show or film about Theosophy/occult/etc.

Then again, Lynch and Sabrina Sutherland have hinted at something, so maybe Lynch and Frost have separate projects in the works at the same time, or perhaps they've got a joint project that isn't Twin Peaks, though the latter doesn't seem very likely.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Brad D wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?
I am privy to knowledge that *something* Is very close to being a deal and/or announced. Covid isn’t helping but it’s been in the works a while. I have my fingers crossed, and think y’all would be excited. This something is obvy not TP.
Why don't we ask him?
Brad, is it a Frost project or is Lynch involved as well?
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see Lynch and Frost collaborate on a new, original project than more Twin Peaks (though I'd be very happy to see either).

Not sure I'd be super excited about a Frost film/television project that didn't involve Lynch, though I'm very interested in Jiddu Krishnamurti so I'd be interested to see what Frost does with that. That's probably not a project Lynch would be involved in, as Krishnamurti did not have the kindest things to say about Lynch's beloved Transcendental Meditation organization.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I think it's worth taking into account that following Twin Peaks, Frost utilized the production arm they'd set up at Lynch/Frost to make the anthology documentary series American Chronicles, and the comedy he & Lynch both worked on, On the Air. With the clout they have now, perhaps the next thing they use that banner on will be something we would have never expected in terms of intent & tone.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Are we not going to talk about how Lynch just put up a new short that features golden orbs, Judy facial features and frog moths coming out of an egg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8CPB7u_rg
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

eyeboogers wrote:Are we not going to talk about how Lynch just put up a new short that features golden orbs, Judy facial features and frog moths coming out of an egg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8CPB7u_rg
That's not new actually. Around 50% of the shorts he's been posting are old, either from his old paysite or even obscurer places, such as this one. It's from 2010's short film anthology 42 One Dream Rush, which is notable for also having a Harmony Korine short. Prior to when Lynch posted it, you could only see it in the film in a somewhat dubiously sourced avi file through torrenting, as it was never released on DVD or streaming. This version, like some of the other old material, is in way better quality than prior.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

AXX°N N. wrote: That's not new actually. Around 50% of the shorts he's been posting are old, either from his old paysite or even obscurer places, such as this one. It's from 2010's short film anthology 42 One Dream Rush, which is notable for also having a Harmony Korine short. Prior to when Lynch posted it, you could only see it in the film in a somewhat dubiously sourced avi file through torrenting, as it was never released on DVD or streaming. This version, like some of the other old material, is in way better quality than prior.
Thanks for clearing that up, otherwise it could have been a very promising development.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

What's up with the jar?
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

So far the NBA and NHL seem to be having success with their isolation bubbles. This probably will be the most successful model for resuming film/television production before a vaccine. It's hardly ideal as all cast and crew would have to be sequestered away from their families for the duration of the production, but there will be no ideal solutions for a while.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:So far the NBA and NHL seem to be having success with their isolation bubbles. This probably will be the most successful model for resuming film/television production before a vaccine. It's hardly ideal as all cast and crew would have to be sequestered away from their families for the duration of the production, but there will be no ideal solutions for a while.

With enough $$$$ they could do a bubble.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

TwinsPeak wrote:
ManBehindWinkies wrote:So far the NBA and NHL seem to be having success with their isolation bubbles. This probably will be the most successful model for resuming film/television production before a vaccine. It's hardly ideal as all cast and crew would have to be sequestered away from their families for the duration of the production, but there will be no ideal solutions for a while.

On a Lynch production, those people don't get paid enough to agree to a bubble. It's different when people are making multimillion dollar salaries.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

mtwentz wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:

On a Lynch production, those people don't get paid enough to agree to a bubble. It's different when people are making multimillion dollar salaries.

That's true only if they weren't paid a lot like last time. But with enough money they could do a bubble. Money is probably the most important thing to getting more Twin Peaks. Also, the past has shown us that most actors/crew will take less pay to be in a Lynch production. Sounds like a cool bubble to be in.

I sure hope we get some Twin Peaks news of new material on the horizon. That would really brighten things up during this covid gloom.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

mtwentz wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:

Well for one thing, in these sports bubbles there's a ton of people who are not multi million dollar athletes. There are television production crews who I imagine make salaries similar to film production crews. And that's not to mention food service workers, the hotel staff housing the sports staff, etc.

People are not monolithic. Some would agree, some would not. They'd just have to crew with people who agree. The fact of the matter is, if bubbles are the only way film productions resume, people could be faced with the choice of not working at all or working in a bubble.

Also the whole point of the bubble is safety, which should be an incentive to work in a bubble. In an out of control pandemic being inside one of these bubbles with regulation and testing is one of the safest places to be. Any film production that resumes before the pandemic is under control, if they are not taking extreme measures like an isolation bubble, is not going to be safe. So I'd question the logic of money being the only motivating factor people can have for working in a bubble.

I agree though that this will increase production costs and may price out a Lynch production. I'm not just talking about a Lynch production, but film and television production as a whole. It's definitely bad news for any lower budget productions, but that's how it goes... film and television production is hardly the only field that the pandemic has effected this way. Most people are being forced back to work in unsafe conditions. The main reason this is not likely to happen with film and television production is because of the high priced talent in front of the camera. Sad, but that's the way things are.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

bob_wooler wrote:What's up with the jar?
I don't recall jars featuring in other Lynch productions - maybe others remember...? But in this instance, it only makes me think of SCORCHED ENGINE OIL. Clearly Lynch knows the fans will associate it with that.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.