Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jerry Horne »

I've just been tipped off the the Salish Lodge Dining Room was closed for two days 9/18-9/20. 9/18 was when the King County Tweet went out by Lynch. 9/20 was when the Salish lodge posted about feeling the Twin Peaks vibes.

Probably nothing. Right?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

BGate wrote:I think we're arguing semantics, I simply meant that we believe he's referencing the rumors. But the fact that it started with a rumor from some (basically) random person sort of tells you it's not part of some official "rollout". IOW, if Horror Museum had never tweeted or their source hadn't leaked them something, Horse's post wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't make any sense.
Of course it's not 'official.' But in the past, the cast and crew did not talk about this stuff at all without Lynch and Frost clearing it.

If L/F wanted that Hollywood Horror tweet debunked or silenced it would be done by now. Horse would not be fanning the flames, either. Something is up.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Is it happening again?

I feel the chances of more TP are now over 50/50.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Most likely it is coming back... because I’m at a point in my life when it’s crunch time to get some important things done, so naturally Peaks will muck it up.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've just been tipped off the the Salish Lodge Dining Room was closed for two days 9/18-9/20. 9/18 was when the King County Tweet went out by Lynch. 9/20 was when the Salish lodge posted about feeling the Twin Peaks vibes.

Probably nothing. Right?
If there's something to that, the limited number of days would suggest some sort of anniversary short a la Between Two Worlds.

I'm trying to be pragmatic.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've just been tipped off the the Salish Lodge Dining Room was closed for two days 9/18-9/20. 9/18 was when the King County Tweet went out by Lynch. 9/20 was when the Salish lodge posted about feeling the Twin Peaks vibes.

Probably nothing. Right?
Probably. All the Great Northern stuff was done on sound stages for S3.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

It's amazing watching a rumour spread across media outlets. We can expect to see more people cover this, but all pointing back to the single vague source.

It will probably be many months before we hear anything official. With the anniversary next year, it could simply be something exciting relating to that.

If they simply filmed Lynch and Frost in a dining room for two days explaining WTF happened in series 3, I'd be happy.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

N. Needleman wrote:
BGate wrote:I think we're arguing semantics, I simply meant that we believe he's referencing the rumors. But the fact that it started with a rumor from some (basically) random person sort of tells you it's not part of some official "rollout". IOW, if Horror Museum had never tweeted or their source hadn't leaked them something, Horse's post wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't make any sense.
Of course it's not 'official.' But in the past, the cast and crew did not talk about this stuff at all without Lynch and Frost clearing it.

If L/F wanted that Hollywood Horror tweet debunked or silenced it would be done by now. Horse would not be fanning the flames, either. Something is up.
This is a really silly argument so I won't further muck up the thread but, just to be clear, you believe there's no way that Michael Horse would post a Twin Peaks screen cap, with no comment, on his personal instagram page without getting permission. Okay. I disagree that that is an impossibility. Let's resume geeking out over the rumors.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

baxter wrote:It's amazing watching a rumour spread across media outlets. We can expect to see more people cover this, but all pointing back to the single vague source.

It will probably be many months before we hear anything official. With the anniversary next year, it could simply be something exciting relating to that.

Probably, although an announcement coinciding with the new box set would probably be a good boost for sales.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

I haven't posted here for years, but...

I haven't been this excited since I punctured Caroline's aorta.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

BGate wrote:
baxter wrote:It's amazing watching a rumour spread across media outlets. We can expect to see more people cover this, but all pointing back to the single vague source.

Probably, although an announcement coinciding with the new box set would probably be a good boost for sales.
Since the box is essentially billed as complete, I think they'll wait until the new year to announce anything. It was two months after The Entire Mystery box that S3 was announced.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

The rumor’s been out for a few days now and has really taken off. No one’s denied anything, so maybe that’s a good sign?

Someone responding to the Hollywood Horror tweet either on Twitter or Reddit noted Very Interesting was capitalized and surmised that it was a code - V and I backwards is IV.

I think if they had been filming anything it would have leaked out earlier. Maybe it will just be an announcement of some sort and they’ve been scouting filming locations?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

BGate wrote:

Probably nothing. Right?
But the Salish was never the interior for the Great Northern anyway, just the exterior, right? The Kiana (a.k.a. Blue Pine Lodge) played the Great Northern interiors in the Pilot, and all the rest of the time it was a set. I don’t believe anything on TP has ever been filmed inside the Salish?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BGate wrote:

Probably nothing. Right?
But the Salish was never the interior for the Great Northern anyway, just the exterior, right? The Kiana (a.k.a. Blue Pine Lodge) played the Great Northern interiors in the Pilot, and all the rest of the time it was a set. I don’t believe anything on TP has ever been filmed inside the Salish?
You are correct.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I keep checking here and Horse's post is really making me get more hopeful.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.