Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by bob_wooler »

BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

mtwentz wrote:
BGate wrote:I don't think the festival thing goes any deeper than CBS realizing they can squeeze some money out of a popular IP that has probably gained a lot of new fans over the last few years.
It's possible CBS/Showtime is just trying to milk a fanatical fan base with conventions, merchandise, VR, etc., with no plans for future episodes. But if you want to keep a valuable IP relevant, at some point it is to your advantage to produce new content.

Can you imagine if Disney said, 'Yeah we are going to build a theme park and sell merchandise, but the Star Wars story is done. No future movies'.
Yeah but it's not up to them to produce new content, it's Lynch (mostly) and Frost. At least if we're talking about something that most of us would have any interest in.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

bob_wooler wrote:Posted yesterday
https://www.instagram.com/p/B63xqcjpP6X/
I don't think it means anything, but I love it.
BGate wrote:
mtwentz wrote:Can you imagine if Disney said, 'Yeah we are going to build a theme park and sell merchandise, but the Star Wars story is done. No future movies'.
Yeah but it's not up to them to produce new content, it's Lynch (mostly) and Frost. At least if we're talking about something that most of us would have any interest in.
I'd have been more likely to go to such a theme park if it was based around just the original three films, and even the six Lucas films.

The most tragic thing that could happen to Twin Peaks would be for it to become a franchise that goes on without the involvement of Lynch and Frost. I don't know what legal power they might have to prevent that in perpetuity, but I hope they've got it and I hope they use it.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

My understanding is L/F own the property. I don’t think anyone else can do anything with it as long as they’re alive unless they sold it, which they’d never do. It was very important to them when selling the pilot that they would retain complete control.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Jasper wrote:
baxter wrote:So it's not the VR game, and it's not the anniversary event. hmmmm......
Weren't they always relatively clear that what they were alleging wasn't something like that?

In any case, I'll believe it when I see some concrete evidence. We can give HHM some credit if and when they're proven correct. Their claim is falsifiable within about one year. The clock starts ticking on the first of January for some official announcement (or really obvious goings-on).

I wonder what we'll be talking about here on December 20, 2020.
:shock: I just found out through twinpeaksblog.com that Jupiter and Saturn meet on December 21, 2020.

Now I know what HHM was on about.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:
Jasper wrote:
baxter wrote:So it's not the VR game, and it's not the anniversary event. hmmmm......
Weren't they always relatively clear that what they were alleging wasn't something like that?

In any case, I'll believe it when I see some concrete evidence. We can give HHM some credit if and when they're proven correct. Their claim is falsifiable within about one year. The clock starts ticking on the first of January for some official announcement (or really obvious goings-on).

I wonder what we'll be talking about here on December 20, 2020.
:shock: I just found out through twinpeaksblog.com that Jupiter and Saturn meet on December 21, 2020.

Now I know what HHM was on about.
Now that's just plain spooky.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

So any clues in the Netflix short?
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

ringbearer wrote:So any clues in the Netflix short?
"What Did Jack Do" was produced in 2016.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I hope this wasn’t what HHM referred to
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

krishnanspace wrote:I hope this wasn’t what HHM referred to
Doubt it. The HHM thing was about Twin Peaks. They're not that dumb, are they?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

bob_wooler wrote:
I’ve read a lot of their tweets. They’re pretty dumb....
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Just counting down the days until they deactivate their account and officially ghost all of us.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

sneakydave wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:
I’ve read a lot of their tweets. They’re pretty dumb....
Well they certainly knew how to set the Internet ablaze for a few days back in October, so they're not as dumb as that.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I'm still hopeful that we might hear something soon.

But when are we expecting it? I've already forgotten it. Sometime around April? The year seems to be pouring past as usual.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

We had no clue other than that something will greatly excite us in 2020.

So little to go on :roll:

Any other time indication should be considered wild fan rumors (as the HHM tweet itself may also very well be)

There is the new official TP fest in april, http://dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4142 but I seriously doubt any announcements will be made there.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."