Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Soolsma »

N. Needleman wrote:People thinking Peaks will go to Netflix have no understanding of the relationship between L/F and Showtime/CBS and are n00bs. It's not leaving.
I know they have established a healthy relationship. But even in the scenario where Netflix would simply offer a larger sum of money and more time for them to do whatever they want, would L&F still stick with Showtime/CBS? I'm asking because I have very little understanding of these things. So excuse my n00bness..
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

N. Needleman wrote:
People thinking Peaks will go to Netflix have no understanding of the relationship between L/F and Showtime/CBS and are n00bs. It's not leaving.

That's kind of an elitist/mean-spirited sentiment, don't you think?
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

sneakydave wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:I strongly feel someone's leading us on a wild goose chase here ... To ends known only to him.
If it was anyone, it would be the Hollywood Horror Museum, as their tweet is where this all stems from. I just don't see what they have to gain by it.

And I don't see the actors like Michael and Kyle leading the fans on in such a cruel fashion. Though, I don't count Kyle's tweet as part of this. He tweets all the time about Peaks.

Andy Hazel's tweet is the one that has me most interested. That was an easy way to shoot it down. And it wasn't.
Of course, I meant HHM as the instigator of these insubstantial rumors - why are the doing it is anyone's guess. I was not implying that the actors were somehow in on this prank - they have simply used the opportunity to jerk around on social media a bit with TP-related content, as it suddenly became "hot stuff" again in the fandom universe (and elsewhere on the Internet), maybe basking a bit longer in its fading light. Anyhow, I really wouldn't be surprised if all of this is just some elaborate stunt to spring some new piece of cockamamie TP merch on us, and someone needs to keep stoking the fire. Otherwise, who's gonna stop by those pop-up shops when they pop them up around various media events?

On other front, I'm glad the Obnoxious & Anonymous channel is getting some well-deserved positive recognition.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

On other front, I'm glad the Obnoxious & Anonymous channel is getting some well-deserved positive recognition.
Agreed. I wish him all the best for his fan film.

I'm not much of an Annie fan, but am glad he's seeing it through after the problems it's caused him.
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Mark Frost toying with us? Or something else?

https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1181544475983667201
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

sneakydave wrote:Mark Frost toying with us? Or something else?

https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1181544475983667201
Could today be the day?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Darn you, Mark Frost and fellow Dugpa users. Stop trying to get me back on the hype train. I finished rewatching The Return and now I'm rewatching FWWM. Leave me alone and only ping me if there's official news.

:? :wink:

Edited - It just occurred to me he's probably talking about the impeachment.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:Darn you, Mark Frost and fellow Dugpa users. Stop trying to get me back on the hype train. I finished rewatching The Return and now I'm rewatching FWWM. Leave me alone and only ping me if there's official news.

:? :wink:

Edited - It just occurred to me he's probably talking about the impeachment.
It could be anything, actually.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

True. But his twitter feed seems to be 90 percent about US politics lately - even when he tweeted the golden shovel.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
karlas_marxas

Post by karlas_marxas »

Why would he be talking about "hope" if he meant S4?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

karlas_marxas wrote:Why would he be talking about "hope" if he meant S4?
I have absolutely no idea. I'm not involved in the whole process.

All we are doing is speculating and inferring things. This could infer that negotiations are ongoing and nothing is set in stone yet?

Or it could mean absolutely nothing in relation to what we all want it to mean.

Isn't it fun to dream though?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

ringbearer wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
People thinking Peaks will go to Netflix have no understanding of the relationship between L/F and Showtime/CBS and are n00bs. It's not leaving.
That's kind of an elitist/mean-spirited sentiment, don't you think?
Blunt yes, wrong no. A lot of misinformation is regularly spread and touted as gospel by overexcited fans, or by sites seizing on the latest theory for clickbait. It then enters fan consciousness and becomes touted as quasi-fact. For example, there's never been any claim before now that Chris Isaak was 'ill' and couldn't do Season 3. According to Isaak a few years ago he was touring during S3, and according to Frost they thought about including Chet Desmond but couldn't think of how. So this whole new mythos that 'Chris Isaak was sick' is nonsense, and yet some people immediately glean onto it as the new facts. Same with the idea that Netflix is somehow an option. Based on what? Lynch being at Netflix last year for another project. It's smoke and mirrors.

Some sites seize on all sorts of random detritus to gain any kind of visibility. But there's a lot of stuff that just isn't true and shouldn't be encouraged for the sake of clicks. It would help cut down the signal to noise ratio considerably.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The social media posts continue. Now Naomi Watts is at it.

I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but do all these people tend to post TP-related stuff this much?
Attachments
vffjtqb2wcr31.jpg
vffjtqb2wcr31.jpg (107.11 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Like I said before, the cast are probably continuing to have a little fun with the whole avalanche of attention that the bogus HHM post on social media triggered last week. Who can blame 'em, I know I'd be thrilled if I'd be associated with such a show.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

..and Kimmy
Attachments
EGYF_JiWoAAGvhW.jpg
EGYF_JiWoAAGvhW.jpg (138.76 KiB) Viewed 6738 times