Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I honestly was a little offended on his behalf while reading the book. If I’m right (and I hope I am)
Doesn't this all kind of color the wild assumption you're making out of a random unfollow?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

N. Needleman wrote:
Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:After the time that has passed after season 3, after Kyle Mc Lachlan is working on a new series, with lynch and frost saying nothing, you really believe that there will be fourth season or at least one movie that closes the story definitively ? I would like to know what you think, not what you want, that that is very clear.
All these actors have worked on other shows and movies before, during and after Season 3. You should stop taking Lynch's silence and their finding other work as a declaration of anything. They told us nothing before announcing S3 either. Every few months you make these posts where you set an imaginary deadline and then dramatically say it must be over because you said so. That's your problem, it's not anybody else's and nobody on Twin Peaks is working according to the timetable in your head. Chill out and stop pretending you can tell anyone else how to think.
I sorry disturb
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

N. Needleman wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I honestly was a little offended on his behalf while reading the book. If I’m right (and I hope I am)
Doesn't this all kind of color the wild assumption you're making out of a random unfollow?
Yup, all wildly speculative! I don’t think I’ve said otherwise. The unfollow is still an undeniably conscious move by Frost, and mildly worrisome. To me, this seems both the most likely and least troublesome explanation. But I of course have no clue whatsoever.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I still think the unfollow is largely irrelevant to the prospect of more Twin Peaks. I've now quit social media entirely, but before I did I would regularly follow and/or unfollow good friends to better shape my day-to-day interactions. It was no big deal.

Maybe someone should actually ask Mark Frost on twitter why he unfollowed Lynch :-D
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

baxter wrote:I still think the unfollow is largely irrelevant to the prospect of more Twin Peaks. I've now quit social media entirely, but before I did I would regularly follow and/or unfollow good friends to better shape my day-to-day interactions. It was no big deal.

Maybe someone should actually ask Mark Frost on twitter why he unfollowed Lynch :-D
Quit social media?! How do you survive...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

:-D

I assume you are joking, but I feel a lot happier, and I recommend it to everyone. I emailed people and asked for contact details before quitting, then I left without looking back. I've got stronger relationships with the people I care about as a result.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

baxter wrote::-D

I assume you are joking, but I feel a lot happier, and I recommend it to everyone. I emailed people and asked for contact details before quitting, then I left without looking back. I've got stronger relationships with the people I care about as a result.
I think that’s a very healthy attitude. But social media clearly seems to play a role in Frost’s day to day. He follows and engages with so many people, the Lynch unfollow is a little weird. As I said, it’s not as if Lynch posts so much that he was clogging up Frost’s feed. In the grand scheme of all the people Frost follows (including many other TP collaborators), Lynch would be a relatively innocuous and infrequent voice.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

It's weird if the only way he liases with Lynch is on Twitter. But that has never been the case, and there is nothing to suggest that he isn't still communicating with Lynch.

For all we know, he could have done a prune of who he is following, and thought "nah, don't need to follow David because I'm seeing him every Thursday anyway". I'm not suggesting that's the case, just that any attempt to read anything into it at all is baseless speculation.

Has anyone ever seen Mark interact with David Lynch on twitter except in an organised promotional capacity? Perhaps he just unfollowed him until the next time the Showtime press office ask him to do some coordinated promotion.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

baxter wrote:I'm not suggesting that's the case, just that any attempt to read anything into it at all is baseless speculation.
You could be right, of course. But I find this interpretation far more unlikely/farfetched than the one that they are not on the best of terms at the moment.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

You find that unlikely because you find Frost's presence in Twin Peaks superfluous.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Do we have any confirmation that Frost ever followed Lynch on Twitter?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

eyeboogers wrote:Do we have any confirmation that Frost ever followed Lynch on Twitter?
I kind of remember earlier Frost following Lynch and retweeting a lot of stuff that Lynch had posted
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:I kind of remember...
Seems someone has been reading "The Final Dossier" :D
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

eyeboogers wrote:Do we have any confirmation that Frost ever followed Lynch on Twitter?
Great question. So far, all the gossip (and that's what it amounts to) in this thread has been based on the vague recollection of a user.
In any case, it doesn't matter at all either way unless something tangible comes up. I hope something does come up, I'm as hungry as anyone for new Peaks/Lynch content. I don't typically look forward to much TV or film, but there's been a significant exception ever since TPTR was announced. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
I'll see you in the trees
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

eyeboogers wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I kind of remember...
Seems someone has been reading "The Final Dossier" :D
;)