Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jasper » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:04 am

bob_wooler wrote:The pandemic WILL (most likely) last for years and the TV/movie industry simply can't afford to wait that long. So they are forced to find ways, and they will.


Not great for shows with huge casts generally, but really not great for shows with huge casts that feature large battle scenes and/or many people gathered in close quarters. (Think Vikings or The Walking Dead.) At least Lynch probably wouldn't have to deal with too much stuff like that in whatever it is he seems to be planning.

This pandemic thing is so pervasive and long-lasting that it will eventually make sense for characters on shows set in the present to sometimes wear masks and social distance.

There are also other sorts of workarounds...

frank-booth-blue-velvet-.jpeg
frank-booth-blue-velvet-.jpeg (92.73 KiB) Viewed 805 times
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 am

eyeboogers wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:I think whatever project Sabrina/Lynch are hinting at is something akin to What Did Jack Do


I think there was so much semi-evidence before the virus hit that Lynch was involved in a new major project, that it is almost unthinkable that they are not impatiently waiting to get back to whatever film/series was in pre-production.


I disagree with your premise. My recollection is that optimistic/wishful fans were choosing to read innocent/meaningless comments as augurs, and crediting questionable sources like that horror museum. I can’t even now recall a single shred of “evidence“ besides the HHM tweet, although I remember people citing to lots of tweets and comments that to me meant nothing one way or the other.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bob_wooler
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:00 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby bob_wooler » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:11 am

Jasper wrote:This pandemic thing is so pervasive and long-lasting that it will eventually make sense for characters on shows set in the present to sometimes wear masks and social distance.

I would be shocked if Curb Your Enthusiasm s11 won't touch this. It's a goldmine for Larry!
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 am

bob_wooler wrote:
Jasper wrote:This pandemic thing is so pervasive and long-lasting that it will eventually make sense for characters on shows set in the present to sometimes wear masks and social distance.

I would be shocked if Curb Your Enthusiasm s11 won't touch this. It's a goldmine for Larry!


The most recent season plays very differently now! The hand sanitizer, him refusing to hug Laverne Cox. Larry has been vindicated.
LateReg
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby LateReg » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:I think whatever project Sabrina/Lynch are hinting at is something akin to What Did Jack Do


I think there was so much semi-evidence before the virus hit that Lynch was involved in a new major project, that it is almost unthinkable that they are not impatiently waiting to get back to whatever film/series was in pre-production.


I disagree with your premise. My recollection is that optimistic/wishful fans were choosing to read innocent/meaningless comments as augurs, and crediting questionable sources like that horror museum. I can’t even now recall a single shred of “evidence“ besides the HHM tweet, although I remember people citing to lots of tweets and comments that to me meant nothing one way or the other.


I disagree with your disagreement. :D

I think eyeboogers is on the right track as there was definitely more than that. A casting call for a Lynch project picked up by some reputable (seriously) nudie website, for example, which they reported on twice since the casting call required nudity. World of Reel reporting on a possible Lynch project as well, based on his insider sources. The unsubstantiated rumors of Dern/Watts meeting with Netflix having something to do with Lynch. And now Sutherland and Lynch's comments, which are easier to read in light of all the previous "semi-evidence." I was 99% certain something was coming based on all the tidbits. Not necessarily something Twin Peaks, though. Something else, more likely, as these reports never had anything specifically to do with Twin Peaks. The strong rumor was a series; a specific, though unsubstantiated rumor was that it would have (iirc) an 85 mil budget. Which is specifically why I was asking about Netflix last week.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4533
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jerry Horne » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:33 pm

What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby eyeboogers » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?


As far as I recall from "Conversations with Frost" he is/was focusing on writing a play.
User avatar
bob_wooler
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:00 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby bob_wooler » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 pm

LateReg wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
I think there was so much semi-evidence before the virus hit that Lynch was involved in a new major project, that it is almost unthinkable that they are not impatiently waiting to get back to whatever film/series was in pre-production.


I disagree with your premise. My recollection is that optimistic/wishful fans were choosing to read innocent/meaningless comments as augurs, and crediting questionable sources like that horror museum. I can’t even now recall a single shred of “evidence“ besides the HHM tweet, although I remember people citing to lots of tweets and comments that to me meant nothing one way or the other.


I disagree with your disagreement. :D

I think eyeboogers is on the right track as there was definitely more than that. A casting call for a Lynch project picked up by some reputable (seriously) nudie website, for example, which they reported on twice since the casting call required nudity. World of Reel reporting on a possible Lynch project as well, based on his insider sources. The unsubstantiated rumors of Dern/Watts meeting with Netflix having something to do with Lynch. And now Sutherland and Lynch's comments, which are easier to read in light of all the previous "semi-evidence." I was 99% certain something was coming based on all the tidbits. Not necessarily something Twin Peaks, though. Something else, more likely, as these reports never had anything specifically to do with Twin Peaks. The strong rumor was a series; a specific, though unsubstantiated rumor was that it would have (iirc) an 85 mil budget. Which is specifically why I was asking about Netflix last week.

Let's not forget what Dern said about Lynch asking her to skin her head for some project.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 pm

eyeboogers wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?


As far as I recall from "Conversations with Frost" he is/was focusing on writing a play.


IIRC, he said he was working on a biography of Theosophy defector Jiddu Krishnamurti, and called it the most rewarding project he has worked on because it unites all his interests.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm

LateReg wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
I think there was so much semi-evidence before the virus hit that Lynch was involved in a new major project, that it is almost unthinkable that they are not impatiently waiting to get back to whatever film/series was in pre-production.


I disagree with your premise. My recollection is that optimistic/wishful fans were choosing to read innocent/meaningless comments as augurs, and crediting questionable sources like that horror museum. I can’t even now recall a single shred of “evidence“ besides the HHM tweet, although I remember people citing to lots of tweets and comments that to me meant nothing one way or the other.


I disagree with your disagreement. :D


Heh. Well, I’d never bet money against you when it comes to TP rumors. I sincerely hope you are right that Lynch has something in the works, TP or otherwise. I forgot about that nudie listing.
ManBehindWinkies
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby ManBehindWinkies » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?


As far as I recall from "Conversations with Frost" he is/was focusing on writing a play.


IIRC, he said he was working on a biography of Theosophy defector Jiddu Krishnamurti, and called it the most rewarding project he has worked on because it unites all his interests.


This is a very interesting tidbit!
baxter
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby baxter » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 pm

HHM have tweeted "We can only wait til October for TW Fan Fest", in response to a chase on their previous claims (this was posted on Reddit a few hours back).

Interesting that they are doubling down, but nothing new really.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby krishnanspace » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:56 am

Do you guys think that the October event would get postponed based on the covid situation?
User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jasper » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:45 am

krishnanspace wrote:Do you guys think that the October event would get postponed based on the covid situation?


There's a very serious chance of it. I see that in August they're doing "Virtual Elvis Week" rather than an in-person event.

Good weather would probably allow them to do a lot of things outdoors. That's the most optimistic thing that I can say. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the event planners.
User avatar
N. Needleman
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby N. Needleman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 am

krishnanspace wrote:Do you guys think that the October event would get postponed based on the covid situation?


Yes, absolutely. There is zero chance that is safe here in America.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests