Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

User avatar
JackwithOneEye
RR Diner Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

TwinsPeak wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:Please forgive my small rant:

O&A is a joke, it's fake sources keep changing their fake minds. (I think his sources are reading this thread)
Care to name any names? Otherwise it's just slander.

Just 2 weeks ago he was saying season 4 and 5 and a movie now the sources say different. He's unreliable and lying for clicks. You can continue to be a fan but I think the guy is full of it.
Obnoxious and Anonymous can be fun sometimes, but putting 'Breaking News' into their headline, and then there's zero breaking news, and it's just speculation about a possible
Fathom Events release of TP s3 in cinemas.. man that is a joke.
User avatar
Jonah
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Meanwhile

Saw this photo on reddit. It was posted by user PiedmontMotion. Edit - I just see it was shared by Jerry on twitter too.

Anyway, Frost could be getting photographed for any project really - a book jacket for a new novel. (It looks like a photo shoot for a book.) But, along with everything else (especially his own tweets!), I thought it was interesting.

Edit - Lynch isn't there, so it's probably not TP related.
Attachments
Saw this on reddit. Posted by PiedmontMotion.
Saw this on reddit. Posted by PiedmontMotion.
2xiy6gn44zu31.png (399.5 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator
Posts: 4582
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm thinking it's for the upcoming issue of Blue Rose Magazine that covers the Pilot episode. Just a guess.
User avatar
JackwithOneEye
RR Diner Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

ringbearer wrote:I'd love more Peaks.
But if there is anything to Twin Perfects new 4.5hr video (solid interpretation, that many on these boards have speculated/argued about), maybe there shouldn't be any more
I wouldn’t take Twin Perfects interpretation too seriously.

Lynch lives in his own world , he doesn’t care too much about the viewing audience or feel that strong about TV, violence on TV, so I think he over reaching that Lynch commenting about ‘consumable violence’ and tv being bad .. he’s had lots of praise for breaking bad, mad men, true detective

Some of the bits about the Monica belluci scene and the Bowie scene in FWWM , being meta referential that this is a work of fiction I agree with , but lynch still wants us to think of Judy as a spiritual antagonist and not a metaphor for ‘closure’ I’m pretty sure

The jack rabbits palace being a metaphor for rabbit ear antenna is grasping for straws
User avatar
Jonah
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Lynch won an Oscar last night. Not sure if there's a separate thread for it? Kyle, Laura Dern, and Isabella R were all on stage with him.

Any more credible Season 4 buzzings?
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
User avatar
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by TwinsPeak »

You can call me Sherlock Holmes, if you want to, but Lynch, Frost, Sutherland, Nevins and now our own Jerry Horne all keeping quiet. Are good signs that SOMETHING? is indeed a foot.


(expectation level up from 40% to 50%)
mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:03 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mickeyfickey »

After seeing how frail and old Lynch looked accepting his Oscar, my expectations for more peaks dropped considerably. He's aged a tremendous amount in the past few years.
User avatar
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by eyeboogers »

He did lose a lot of weight at some point after The Return. Whether it was the result of a health scare or an all quinoa diet no one knows. That being said, he seems to have full mobility and a clear head, so I think he still has a major project or two left in him, if he decides he wants to do more. Woody Allen is still making features at 83, let's not give up on David at 73.
User avatar
Jasper
Great Northern Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jasper »

eyeboogers wrote:He did lose a lot of weight at some point after The Return. Whether it was the result of a health scare or an all quinoa diet no one knows. That being said, he seems to have full mobility and a clear head, so I think he still has a major project or two left in him, if he decides he wants to do more. Woody Allen is still making features at 83, let's not give up on David at 73.
I prefer to go with the Clint Eastwood at 89 comparison, for a number of reasons.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3313
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

eyeboogers wrote:He did lose a lot of weight at some point after The Return. Whether it was the result of a health scare or an all quinoa diet no one knows.
He really doesn’t seem to eat much. He gave an interview last year where he says all he eats is one piece of bread with mayonnaise and some chicken, twice a day, and vegetable soup.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

Jasper wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:He did lose a lot of weight at some point after The Return. Whether it was the result of a health scare or an all quinoa diet no one knows. That being said, he seems to have full mobility and a clear head, so I think he still has a major project or two left in him, if he decides he wants to do more. Woody Allen is still making features at 83, let's not give up on David at 73.
I prefer to go with the Clint Eastwood at 89 comparison, for a number of reasons.
Yeah, at 89 Eastwood is amazing and works very quickly. Allen, even more prolifically, was writing and directing a movie a year without fail, and looks to be back at it. There's potentially a lot of time left for Lynch to find his muse and direct again. 73 ain't old. :)
LateReg
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

JackwithOneEye wrote:
ringbearer wrote:I'd love more Peaks.
But if there is anything to Twin Perfects new 4.5hr video (solid interpretation, that many on these boards have speculated/argued about), maybe there shouldn't be any more
I wouldn’t take Twin Perfects interpretation too seriously.

Lynch lives in his own world , he doesn’t care too much about the viewing audience or feel that strong about TV, violence on TV, so I think he over reaching that Lynch commenting about ‘consumable violence’ and tv being bad .. he’s had lots of praise for breaking bad, mad men, true detective

Some of the bits about the Monica belluci scene and the Bowie scene in FWWM , being meta referential that this is a work of fiction I agree with , but lynch still wants us to think of Judy as a spiritual antagonist and not a metaphor for ‘closure’ I’m pretty sure

The jack rabbits palace being a metaphor for rabbit ear antenna is grasping for straws
I haven't watched that yet as I am abstaining from Peaks-related material before a rewatch, but in advance I have to say that what you reference here sounds a lot like theories I've put forth. I think there's a ton of meta-stuff throughout the series that can't be ignored, and as others have pointed out, Frost seems to be pretty big into TV, so it could be his commentary that is sneaking through. At any rate, I think The Return is very much conscious of itself in relation to other TV, with the original series serving as the Alpha and The Return the Omega, two poles that - intentionally or unintentionally - address the gap of all the years of television growth in between. That said, I know that Lynch supposedly hasn't watched much of it, and I know he loves the shows you mentioned, and I can see the references to them within The Return.

Along the same lines, and as part of my theory of why the show is so great, I think it's almost always functioning on multiple levels at once, whether intentionally or merely as a result of Lynch's intuitiveness and willingness to be open to receiving signals. So I also do think there's very much something to Judy both representing a spiritual antagonist and a metaphor for closure being the ultimate evil in the world of cinema/TV, especially when you take into consideration the sly disorientation of who is delivering the Judy speech and at what point in the narrative. It certainly fits with Lynch's idea of never solving the original murder and the comments he's made.
User avatar
JackwithOneEye
RR Diner Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I haven't watched that yet as I am abstaining from Peaks-related material before a rewatch, but in advance I have to say that what you reference here sounds a lot like theories I've put forth. I think there's a ton of meta-stuff throughout the series that can't be ignored, and as others have pointed out, Frost seems to be pretty big into TV, so it could be his commentary that is sneaking through. At any rate, I think The Return is very much conscious of itself in relation to other TV, with the original series serving as the Alpha and The Return the Omega, two poles that - intentionally or unintentionally - address the gap of all the years of television growth in between. That said, I know that Lynch supposedly hasn't watched much of it, and I know he loves the shows you mentioned, and I can see the references to them within The Return.

Along the same lines, and as part of my theory of why the show is so great, I think it's almost always functioning on multiple levels at once, whether intentionally or merely as a result of Lynch's intuitiveness and willingness to be open to receiving signals. So I also do think there's very much something to Judy both representing a spiritual antagonist and a metaphor for closure being the ultimate evil in the world of cinema/TV, especially when you take into consideration the sly disorientation of who is delivering the Judy speech and at what point in the narrative. It certainly fits with Lynch's idea of never solving the original murder and the comments he's made.[/quote]

I suppose it's possible Judy is a metaphor for 'closure', but American Girl's 'Mother is coming' line, and the figure in the New York box being female looking/strongly resembling the figure coming out of the bomb blast, and giving birth to Bob, is suggestive of a mother.. makes me think that Judy is meant to be a negative force conjured up by the sins of man or something. I'm not totally convinced Judy just represents 'explanation in storytelling'.

regarding the violence in The Return, I thought Twin Peaks the town in part was trashier because Bob was permitted 25 years to spread garmonbozia around, and TP was his entrance point, where Audrey raped/ creation of Richard and so forth. I thought it was more about that than a metaphor that TV sucks.

the Twin Perfect part that is dead on is the imagery Lynch is choosing with the episode 8 images of particles of matter to the ocean as analogy to unified field of conciousness. that makes sense to me, he's been lecturing on that topic for the past two decades, it's pretty close to his heart.
User avatar
JackwithOneEye
RR Diner Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

mickeyfickey wrote:After seeing how frail and old Lynch looked accepting his Oscar, my expectations for more peaks dropped considerably. He's aged a tremendous amount in the past few years.
His son seemed to be helping him up to the stage at one point.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

JackwithOneEye wrote: I suppose it's possible Judy is a metaphor for 'closure', but American Girl's 'Mother is coming' line, and the figure in the New York box being female looking/strongly resembling the figure coming out of the bomb blast, and giving birth to Bob, is suggestive of a mother.. makes me think that Judy is meant to be a negative force conjured up by the sins of man or something. I'm not totally convinced Judy just represents 'explanation in storytelling'.

regarding the violence in The Return, I thought Twin Peaks the town in part was trashier because Bob was permitted 25 years to spread garmonbozia around, and TP was his entrance point, where Audrey raped/ creation of Richard and so forth. I thought it was more about that than a metaphor that TV sucks.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I didn't say it was "just" representing explanation in storytelling, I was saying that it is possibly that AS WELL AS the spiritual explanation. Both meanings at once as they do not cancel each other out. Functioning on multiple planes at once, narrative, thematic, etc. One theory takes place on the meta-narrative level, the other takes place thematically right in the narrative itself. That's how this show works for me, and I hold both of those theories in my mind simultaneously because that's how I believe the show is functioning.

And yeah, as I said I hadn't watched the video yet so I wasn't sure exactly where they were coming from with the violence on TV, but I think in general the town in trashier because that is simply the direction of the world, the idealization of the town from the original series has been stripped away, etc. I hadn't considered that it was a metaphor for TV sucking/decaying, but it is sort of interesting to think about.
Post Reply