Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mickeyfickey »

mtwentz wrote:FWIW, O&A now saying all this hoopla is about a re-cut of Season 3 to be shown in select movie theaters in 2020...
Of all the possibilities that were on the table (even including a VR game), that has got to be the absolute WORST one.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

mtwentz wrote:FWIW
I think this part of the quote sums it up.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:Nooooo.Fuck no . I want a season 4 or a movie. Also didn’t Horror Museum confirm that it’s a season 4 on one of their tweets.
This https://mobile.twitter.com/horrormuseum ... 2338458625
I would be really surprised if Lynch came out with another cut of Season 3 with additional footage for a theatrical audience. O&A has never been known to have good sources; I was more throwing that out there for a good laugh than anything else.

Though if they turn out to be right, I'll eat my words. But I don't think they will be.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

eyeboogers wrote:
mtwentz wrote:FWIW
I think this part of the quote sums it up.
Yeah, I know. O&A previously said two seasons and a movie :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

mtwentz wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Nooooo.Fuck no . I want a season 4 or a movie. Also didn’t Horror Museum confirm that it’s a season 4 on one of their tweets.
This https://mobile.twitter.com/horrormuseum ... 2338458625
I would be really surprised if Lynch came out with another cut of Season 3 with additional footage for a theatrical audience. O&A has never been known to have good sources; I was more throwing that out there for a good laugh than anything else.

Though if they turn out to be right, I'll eat my words. But I don't think they will be.

Have they fibbed regarding something in the past and then blamed it on their so-called "sources"? I really can't remember.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Well if it turns out not to be true, I won’t assume fibbing, I will assume bad journalism (passing along unsubstantiated rumors).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/118 ... 30144?s=21
Mark retweeting It is happening again.Hmm..:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/118 ... 30144?s=21
Mark retweeting It is happening again.Hmm..:
Good catch, whether or not it means anything...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

If the buzz was about anything other than new Twin Peaks, it would be in their best interest to kill the S4 buzz so expectation doesn't sink the response when something is announced.

Frost tweet may mean nothing but he knows how people will respond. He seems quite happy to fan the flames of speculation.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I don’t take it to mean anything in regards to a new season. He’s retweeting a cool tribute to his show.

It’s interesting that he chose to quote the final line of S3, only as further proof to combat the assumption some people have that P17 was Mark’s ending and P18 was Lynch going on a walkabout (as I think Harley Peyton phrased it).
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

I don't take it to mean anything regarding S4 either. It would be obtuse to think he doesn't know how people are responding to any TP related tweet he makes however.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1187550666975145985
Come on now, this is too much!! I think Horror Museum have been told to bury the rumour and everyone is just playing along with it. Mark Wants everyone to think the original tweet was about the exhibit.
The original tweet said its something to do with the future of Twin Peaks and the exhibit in no way affects it and it also mentioned that it would be something in 2020.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1187550666975145985
Come on now, this is too much!! I think Horror Museum have been told to bury the rumour and everyone is just playing along with it. Mark Wants everyone to think the original tweet was about the exhibit.
The original tweet said its something to do with the future of Twin Peaks and the exhibit in no way affects it and it also mentioned that it would be something in 2020.
It is strange that Frost would so casually interact with an account that he must know has been spreading rumors, be they true or false. You'd think that if the rumors were false Frost would see HHM as complete clowns and ignore them, and if the rumors were true he'd see them as infuriating loudmouths.

Whatever the case, Mark Frost doesn't seem to mind the hype.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Agent Earle wrote:I don't think HHM is a quote-worthy source at this point. Not anymore, anyhow. Maybe when they explain the Vincent Price bullshit.
Like Obnoxious & Anonymous, who outright made shit up for clicks during production?

Since you asked: When Amanda Seyfried and others were cast, they claimed the network was forcing Lynch to showcase "millennials" and not use the veteran cast. This wasn't their only bit of nonsense. They have always trafficked in stunt headlines and outrageous behavior to get attention, and before that used to do these screeds decrying how they hated "hipster millennials" watching TP. They'd lift stuff from our spoiler threads, call it 'an exclusive' and then attack this site for respecting the spoiler lockdown later on. Given the reams of mess they pulled last time for views, I wouldn't trust O&A to tell me the weather.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:I don't think HHM is a quote-worthy source at this point. Not anymore, anyhow. Maybe when they explain the Vincent Price bullshit.
Like Obnoxious & Anonymous, who outright made shit up for clicks during production?

Since you asked: When Amanda Seyfried and others were cast, they claimed the network was forcing Lynch to showcase "millennials" and not use the veteran cast. This wasn't their only bit of nonsense. They have always trafficked in stunt headlines and outrageous behavior to get attention, and before that used to do these screeds decrying how they hated "hipster millennials" watching TP. They'd lift stuff from our spoiler threads, call it 'an exclusive' and then attack this site for respecting the spoiler lockdown later on. Given the reams of mess they pulled last time for views, I wouldn't trust O&A to tell me the weather.
:lol: