Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Soolsma »

Really makes me wonder who might've spilled the beans to HHM. If it's just any crew member who decided to secretly bail on their NDA, I'm guessing (pre-)production must already be well underway; at a stage where there's a multitude of people involved. I don't see how only the inner circle would know and this gets out. I think it's improbable they'd break the trust, nor would it be hard for production to trace the leak. My gut tells me like this is a more regular crew member (from the likes whom we got leaks in the past before).
The doubling down from HHM is surely a very good sign. The person in question might have shown proof of involvement in confidence to the admins, like a contract or such, which is a common thing on sites or boards where leaks are posted.
Last edited by Soolsma on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote:Things are very quiet. I know some people thought they might announce today as it's the anniversary of the The Return announcement, but are things like that ever announced on a Sunday?
From poking about on Twitter it seems Sunday is not a day that big entertainment announcements are made.

I'm still not expecting an announcement this year. I'm just hoping for the odd cryptic tweet here and there.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Major clue. Clearly Jack Nicholson will be in Season 4 (pretty much confirmed by this). This also hints that Stephen King may write an episode, as he did with "The X-Files". You heard it here first. No need to thank me.

p.s. This tweet may also refer to Johnny Horne.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (683 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TimeFlashes

Post by TimeFlashes »

This is not directly related to the current rumours, but does anyone know what David Lynch and Sabrina Sutherland were doing with director Joe Lynch in the end of August? If you don't know what I am talking about, check this tweet out: https://twitter.com/TheJoeLynch/status/ ... 60646?s=19

Scroll down if you want to see the photo were Sabrina Shutherland appears with David Lynch.
Always a face to remind me.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

If nothing happens by 8:30 or 10:00 am tomorrow, the hype train will have to go on without me.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:If nothing happens by 8:30 or 10:00 am tomorrow, the hype train will have to go on without me.
Why those times? Aren't they a little early?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Jonah wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:If nothing happens by 8:30 or 10:00 am tomorrow, the hype train will have to go on without me.
Why those times? Aren't they a little early?
They announced at 8:30am last time. It hits the West Coast and East in the morning and Western Europe in the late Afternoon.

Lynch has been Tweeting at 10am recently.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

If nothing tomorrow, I’m still hoping for 10:00 am on 10/10.

Kyle posted a pic of Lynch working on Naido’s makeup earlier today - he posts a lot of TP stuff, but that seems like an odd choice.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I have a feeling that they won’t be announcing it this year. As someone said it might affect the sales for the upcoming box set
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Here are my thoughts, collected as the days roll on (note that this is all my speculation, no facts whatsoever!):

1) More Twin Peaks is entering production.

2) Someone gabbed early, and the producers are annoyed.

3) They intended to announce it next year after the boxset comes out, they've told everyone to keep their mouth shut, and they'll just let the hype roll on and see if they can stick to plan A.

4) As it builds, they may actually have to announce it earlier, particularly as more and more people know what is happening and it is impossible to keep secret.

I feel annoyed with the horror museum tweeters now, since they had no right to tickle us for no reason except to hype their museum.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Yeah, I'm about to scale back my excitement. I went into overdrive for a bit there, but now accept we likely have a longer wait on our hands.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Probably nothing to this, but this seems to be the only other thing that's been mentioned since yesterday.

A leaker who's known to leak verifiable info about movies changed their photo to one of Dougie from The Return, but when asked about it, said they don't know anything but are hopeful.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (397.63 KiB) Viewed 7354 times
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Soolsma wrote:Really makes me wonder who might've spilled the beans to HHM. If it's just any crew member who decided to secretly bail on their NDA, I'm guessing (pre-)production must already be well underway; at a stage where there's a multitude of people involved. I don't see how only the inner circle would know and this gets out. I think it's improbable they'd break the trust, nor would it be hard for production to trace the leak. My gut tells me like this is a more regular crew member (from the likes whom we got leaks in the past before).
The doubling down from HHM is surely a very good sign. The person in question might have shown proof of involvement in confidence to the admins, like a contract or such, which is a common thing on sites or boards where leaks are posted.
Or they just completely invented it :wink:
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Metamorphia wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Really makes me wonder who might've spilled the beans to HHM. If it's just any crew member who decided to secretly bail on their NDA, I'm guessing (pre-)production must already be well underway; at a stage where there's a multitude of people involved. I don't see how only the inner circle would know and this gets out. I think it's improbable they'd break the trust, nor would it be hard for production to trace the leak. My gut tells me like this is a more regular crew member (from the likes whom we got leaks in the past before).
Or they just completely invented it :wink:
I suppose they could have invented it, but I don't see the benefit in doing that. Sure they might get a few extra 'likes' on Twitter but their reputation would take a pounding if it came to nothing.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Agreed.

With all these rumours flying around, I finally got around to rewatching The Return over the past couple of days. I'm through most of it now. Previously I had only rewatched the episodes as they aired and bits here and there since, but hadn't done a full rewatch. I enjoyed it more bingeing it. I still have a few issues here and there and wish they'd expanded more on some of the strong TP scenes (such as those featuring Hawk visiting Sarah and things like that), and think at times there's stuff in it (the Roadhouse conversations) that could have been cut. But overall I liked it much better during this rewatch and am surprised that 2 years ago feels like only a few weeks ago! I seriously can't believe it's over 2 years since it first aired. It feels much more recent to me.

I hope we get word of another season or movie - or both - soon. I have a feeling they'll do more. While I can see why they expanded out the world in S3, I would like any new movie or series, to be more TP-based. Even if it's not like the original series (and it probably never will be again), I'd like a season set primarily in Twin Peaks. Many of the too-brief TP scenes in The Return were some of the strongest aspects of it, imo, and I think a narrative primarily set there would feel more focused and eerier. Having said that, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch and Frost want to have as broad a location canvas again.