Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Panapaok »

I don't think there's a possibility of any kind of secret filming. It's been 2 years since Season 3 ended. We know Lynch took some time off. If something has indeed happened these past 2 years, it would be the writing process. Hopefully they'll announce something soon enough.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

“Maybe Bobby & Shelly would get back together in S4” - Mädchen Amick

UK TP Fest.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:“Maybe Bobby & Shelly would get back together in S4” - Mädchen Amick

UK TP Fest.
:) :D
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

Jerry Horne wrote:“Maybe Bobby & Shelly would get back together in S4” - Mädchen Amick

UK TP Fest.
Hmmm. This actually made me less optimistic.....but that could be just down to my nature, though...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

chalfont wrote:

UK TP Fest.
Hmmm. This actually made me less optimistic.....but that could be just down to my nature, though...
Huh? Why?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

Jonah wrote:
chalfont wrote:

UK TP Fest.
Huh? Why?
I don't know. This seems like something Sherilyn Fenn could have said in the late 90's about Audrey and Cooper. Like Madchen just imagining what their characters would be up to - as long as nothing would be certain - because we would never know....
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I'll take Madchen's comments with a pinch of salt.

I've a friend with a load of local contacts in North Bend area. They're not aware of any local filming taking place. I highly doubt season 4 shooting is underway; if the rumours are true obviously.

I still think this rumour has leaked sooner than the powers that be would be comfortable with..
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote:I'll take Madchen's comments with a pinch of salt.

I've a friend with a load of local contacts in North Bend area. They're not aware of any local filming taking place. I highly doubt season 4 shooting is underway; if the rumours are true obviously.

I still think this rumour has leaked sooner than the powers that be would be comfortable with..
Oh, I don't take it to mean it's been filmed or that filming is underway. More that there is probably going to be a Season 4.

Someone on reddit (whose boyfriend asked the question at the fest apparently) clarified it a bit further and said she said "If there was a Season 4, maybe they'd be back together."

I'll still take it as a hint that more is maybe (likely) coming.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

chalfont wrote:
Jonah wrote:
chalfont wrote:
Huh? Why?
I don't know. This seems like something Sherilyn Fenn could have said in the late 90's about Audrey and Cooper. Like Madchen just imagining what their characters would be up to - as long as nothing would be certain - because we would never know....
There's the use of "would" rather than "will", and the question of whether Mädchen would be musing publicly in this way if she'd already seen a script. She probably wouldn't be, but even if a TP s4 were to be announced sometime within the space of the next six months, there's no reason to think that she'd know any details about Shelly's hypothetical place in the hypothetical story. We don't even have any reason to presume that any sort of finished script exists, even if we make the big assumption that Frost & Lynch have done a significant amount of writing.

Apparently this isn't even a direct quote.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

sneakydave wrote:I'll take Madchen's comments with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, that's a safe bet. Like I speculated, this year is spent writing and organising things. The announcement won't be until 2020, hopefully early on. The shooting will then be done in 2020, and the show will air around 2021/22. That's IF anything's happening at all - I have yet to see one single thing that will push me over the 50 % point (right now I'd give it about 10-20 % :) ).
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

UK TP Fest.

Ehhhh, that's just yackety-yak, shooting the breeze etc. No concrete substance whatsoever.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Agent Earle wrote:That's IF anything's happening at all - I have yet to see one single thing that will push me over the 50 % point (right now I'd give it about 10-20 % :) ).
And here I thought that I was skeptical. Now that's skepticism! :lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Another tweet from HHM.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (165.57 KiB) Viewed 7946 times
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Hollywood Horror Museum certainly seem quite sure of themselves.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

And if Jennifer Lynch is on the board, you'd think she'd step in and tell them to tone it down or pull back on the tweets? Wasn't she the one who shot down all talk of a possible Season 3 and was quite emphatic it was not happening, that Lynch was done with TP, a few months or a year before S3 was announced?