Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

LateReg wrote:Yes, after having to tackle a 25 year gap and address expectations in The Return, if anything it seems to me that Season 4 will be even more free to be its own thing. And that's extremely exciting!
I kind of like that, in some ways, you could also read the ending of Season 3 as having reset things to an extent - Laura is back and alive, now as Carrie Page. (And she also seemingly wasn't murdered in the other world either.) A new series could start with Carrie Page and "Dale" (or Richard) investigating a new version of Twin Peaks. They could have new and old characters as same or new characters in "Twin Peaks". It almost seems like a fresh slate - a new series without the baggage of having to address old cliffhangers and storylines etc (not that The Return got too bogged down bothering to do that anyway). But, yeah, Season 4 feels like it could be something new, that's what the ending of Season 3 felt like to me, not the end of the universe or the dreamer waking up (though it could be read that way too), but a new beginning.
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I thought this was funny!
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (186.85 KiB) Viewed 6962 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Peaks fans are ferocious.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

Jonah wrote:
LateReg wrote:Yes, after having to tackle a 25 year gap and address expectations in The Return, if anything it seems to me that Season 4 will be even more free to be its own thing. And that's extremely exciting!
I kind of like that, in some ways, you could also read the ending of Season 3 as having reset things to an extent - Laura is back and alive, now as Carrie Page. (And she also seemingly wasn't murdered in the other world either.) A new series could start with Carrie Page and "Dale" (or Richard) investigating a new version of Twin Peaks. They could have new and old characters as same or new characters in "Twin Peaks". It almost seems like a fresh slate - a new series without the baggage of having to address old cliffhangers and storylines etc (not that The Return got too bogged down bothering to that anyway). But, yeah, Season 4 feels like it could be something new, that's what the ending of Season 3 felt like to me, not the end of the universe or the dreamer waking up (though it could be read that way too), but a new beginning.
I would be on board for that! I like S3’s ending as it is, but if there’s more, I agree—they now have a blank slate to do whatever they want; no nostalgia, no loose ends. I like the idea of a stranger Twin Peaks where there are different versions of old characters. A Twin Peaks where Laura never dies could mean Josie is still alive, Annie never goes into the Lodge, Audrey never goes to the bank, Maddy never comes to town and gets killed. Perhaps those 4 women are aware of the “un-official” version of events because they’ve been in the red room/strange dimension in some version of themselves. They could be the only ones (except Annie possibly) who know who Laura/Carrie Page is.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I would be very surprised if they brought back Annie for a hypothetical Season 4. It seems Frost and Lynch had little interest in revisiting that character.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

ETA: I'm stupid!
Last edited by N. Needleman on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

N. Needleman wrote:All those silly likes, discredit reddit theories and fan tweets and y'all sleep on this: https://twitter.com/themauvezone/status ... 9166425093
Check again - a few pages back.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

The two big cliffhangers in 1991 were what happened to Coop, and what happened to Audrey (and Pete)?

Twenty five years later after returning the two big cliffhangers were What, where happened to Coop (and Laura), and what happened to Audrey?

Both times they were depicted as Tune in Next Time to find out!!!! I’ll be tuning in for that Season Four cliffhanger probably too.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

My mistake!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Audrey Horne wrote:The two big cliffhangers in 1991 were what happened to Coop, and what happened to Audrey (and Pete)?

Twenty five years later after returning the two big cliffhangers were What, where happened to Coop (and Laura), and what happened to Audrey?

Both times they were depicted as Tune in Next Time to find out!!!! I’ll be tuning in for that Season Four cliffhanger probably too.
Hey, hey, aren't you forgetting another cliffhanger from 1991???
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

N. Needleman wrote:My mistake!
Surprisingly, no one really pounced on that here, maybe because I posted the GOT actress tweet straight after. They're discussing it on reddit too. Someone on there said it seemed like the most notable of all the stuff so far. What do you think?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jonah wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:My mistake!
Surprisingly, no one really pounced on that here, maybe because I posted the GOT actress tweet straight after. They're discussing it on reddit too. Someone on there said it seemed like the most notable of all the stuff so far. What do you think?
It's probably the only notable thing in the past 12 hours lol. And yes, it's very important IMO. Gwendoline Christie being a fan of Peaks means nothing.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I've been going through all the stuff, trying to figure out what is truly notable and what isn't. I think with the hype over the last couple of days (and it's my first time being back on the board in 2 years), plus all the reddit posts, I - along with several others - have had a tendency to jump on everything.

But looking through all the stuff, I think probably the only truly notable stuff is: The HHM tweet. The podcast tweet.

Maybe the Hawk Tweet. Maybe the Lynch tweet. Maybe the Salish Lodge tweet. Maybe the Kyle tweet. Especially now that Al Strobel responded to it and apparently that's a saying they had on Season 2 script pages. Probably not the Goaz tweets or instagram posts - but maybe. Maybe the Frost tweet about the shovel. Though it's probably just about politics. But it could also be tongue-in-cheek given he has to know the rumor mill is in full swing.

Everything else - eh. I don't know. Probably nothing. And even all of the ones above could just be baloney too. The HHM tweet is the only big hint to something new happening. I think some of the cast tweets are hinting at stuff and the podcast tweet might be something too.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

You are forgetting to include all the slightly further back stuff such as Peter Deming being at the Salish Lodge. Kyle being at the Salish lodge. The Kimmy Robertson thing (that at first turned out to be nothing, but still...). Lynch quote about the signal being difficult to receive, his bad poker face when asked what was happening in Twin Peaks right now, etc.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

We used to do this during production of Season 3, lol. It takes me back. But yes, you learn to separate wheat from chaff.