Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

baxter wrote:Interesting, thanks.

This is now going to build and build across media outlets, and silence from the production team would be interesting. Then again, if they come out and deny it, we know they have lied in the past! So we're stuck waiting basically.
Yeah, and also they probably don't see any reason to shoot down the rumor mill, even if it's not true. What's in it for them? Any online chatter and buzz is good for them just in case the show is ever renewed.

But I think there's something brewing. The Mark Frost likes/tweets, the Michael Horse one, the David Lynch one, and maybe the Kyle one too. And the HHM one. As for the rest - could all just be coincidental.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

If it was complete and utter nonsense, just straight up fabrication not based in reality, I feel like Frost would say something, even if it was just something cryptic like "Don't believe everything you hear" etc. And it's hard to believe at this point that he's unaware of the talk.

Sort of apropos of nothing, but I just remembered that Frost strongly hinted at a S3 way back in 2013 at the USC retrospective, yet somehow no one picked up on it. I believe the quote was, "Twin Peaks is a continuing story. And that comes from both me and David."
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Also, everyone just take a deep breath. If TP people tweeted something TP related a week ago, nobody would have batted any eye. But because we're starting from the assumption that something is happening, we're projecting meaning onto everything. Hell, something may be happening and the tweets could still just be a coincidence. Regardless, I think we're still a ways off from hearing anything official. So, again, breeeeeathe....
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

heheh

I love these posts with "hmmmmm" in them. They are the best entries in this thread.

It's on. That's my real feeling now. It's exactly the right time for this sort of momentum to build based on the time elapsed since S3.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Are those guys legit/usually right about things?

That does sound pretty cool if so.

I think there's a new season coming anyway. (If not a movie or a series of movies.) But I do think more TP is on its way.
baxter wrote:heheh

I love these posts with "hmmmmm" in them. They are the best entries in this thread.

It's on. That's my real feeling now. It's exactly the right time for this sort of momentum to build based on the time elapsed since S3.
Agreed.
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TimeFlashes

Post by TimeFlashes »

The only source we have is the HHM's Twitter feeed and we don't even know if they are reliable, Jennifer Lynch being a member or not. Michael Horse's post got me excited but as someone said a number of pages before, he was simply reposting an image he had been tagged on by someone else. It is a particular image so it wouldn't be surprising if reposted it simply because he liked it. If you take Michale Horse's tweet out of the picture, Kyle M's tweet is simply one of his many TP-related social media posts. I haven't seen any other post that remotely suggests that an announcement might be coming.

I think we'll never know for certain until they announce it (just as it happened with Season 3). The HHM's source might be right, but there is no way of proving them right or wrong unless there were solid leaks.

Does anyone else find it interesting that both Season 3's announcements and these rumours happened during early October? Could there be a financial reason behind that? Or is it simply because it is the 10th month of year, the number of completion!? (Sarcasm btw).

EDIT: Well, now there's that tweet by a podcast maker. As with the HHM, it is impossible to determine whether they are right or not.
Last edited by TimeFlashes on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always a face to remind me.
Jacoby

Post by Jacoby »

Lots of smoke, cool and fun.

OG leak that started all of this said 2020. Can't wait for 2020.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Jonah wrote:
Are those guys legit/usually right about things?

I don't know, but it was a good, professionally done, intelligent podcast. And it's not like they're saying much there.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I think the fact that some of the main players that would be involved in TP have been tight lipped and haven’t confirmed or denied anything is promising. Just seems like a waiting game right now. Wonder if there is any kind of announcement if it might be 10/10/19 (1+9 = 10) - the number of completion.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

The tweet also says that the persons name appears in the opening credits and in season 3 none of the actors names appear in the opening credits and we know it’s not David and Mark. That only leaves us with 10-15 other people
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think if there was nothing to this L/F would've shut it down fast, probably via Sabrina Sutherland. It's made major outlets now (A.V. Club). Yet they've done nothing.

That said: You guys need to chill out, lol. Not every like or tweet means something, certainly not Frost's political tweets. You're going to get so hysterical that when they don't do things on your timetable (and they won't, this is Lynch) it's going to lead to another depressive spiral where you all insist nothing is happening despite the fact that there will be no more or less evidence of that, beyond the false conditions you're creating in your heads.

Breathe and wait. And no, Season 3B is not real. Jeez.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:I think if there was nothing to this L/F would've shut it down fast, probably via Sabrina Sutherland. It's made major outlets now (A.V. Club). Yet they've done nothing.

That said: You guys need to chill out, lol. Not every like or tweet means something, certainly not Frost's political tweets. You're going to get so hysterical that when they don't do things on your timetable (and they won't, this is Lynch) it's going to lead to another depressive spiral where you all insist nothing is happening despite the fact that there will be no more or less evidence of that, beyond the false conditions you're creating in your heads.

Breathe and wait. And no, Season 3B is not real. Jeez.
Season 3B sounds like a stupid idea
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I just saw Kyle on Access Hollywood promoting his new sitcom. He had his hand in his jacket pocket. It was obviously a reference to Lil in FWWM. He was definitely sending a message that Twin Peaks is returning.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Re VR >

I have stated something similar in the TP VR thread but will do so here again. I'm quite up to speed when it comes to the development of VR games and the technology itself. To me, the TPVR thing seems to be more something of a basic 'showcase', for the sake of showcasing than an actual game. There is the fact that Collider games is an internet news outlet (which btw mostly rehashes stuff) that has not ever before released any games. Also, the screenshots that we got so far are really not that impressive. The environments seem like someone with just basic experience in 3d modeling software could have assembled it in a short time span without any real skill. Trust me, these things have gotten a lot easier over time. the chance that the game will show anything other than familiar TP environments and a few basic objects to interact with is very slim. It won't include, for example, convincing fleshed out 3d versions of TP characters. That capability would require some major effort, more than I think Collider Games could provide.
There is a whole lot of 'VR games' out there which are more of the showcase type, this is mostly due to the fact that the technology is still in development and people are fiddling around with the possibilities. Even leading game studios are still learning by trail and error how to develop decent full fledged vr games. Most VR games still work with a teleportation ability instead of smooth locomotion, because the latter makes most players almost instantly sick.
I know there have been stories of Lynch being involved, but I firmly believe he is more of a consultant in it than an actual part of the development. The Twin Peaks wiki mentions he was consulted on the fact whether the Red Room would have a ceiling.

I'm 99% sure none of the recent rumors would pertain to this. Nor would cast members be secretive, posting tantalizing stuff about it (remember, it's already announced). This is more of a nifty side thing to be shown off at events like the festival of disruption, and possibly to be sold for a buck or 10 in the Steam games store.

Now, I still believe a Twin Peaks fan could truly enjoy the experience, as even basic VR is immersive and amazing in it's own way. But something big, this is not.

EDIT: Just found this article, and it confirms a lot of the things I stated: https://www.adweek.com/digital/david-ly ... win-peaks/

Season 3B > Obviously very unsubstantiated. Even the recent OP on Reddit who got the rumor mill pertaining to it running again mentions they weren't even exactly sure were they got the idea from in the first place. They're saying someone mentioned it during the ending of TPTR when the hype was at it's biggest. They aren't even certain whether this person posted it as speculation or claiming to be in the know about it.
Last edited by Soolsma on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."