Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

UnderTheSycamores

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by UnderTheSycamores »

Heh I just saw that retweet as well and was wondering if there was something to it.

As for what I'd like to see out of a potential S4 or film, I'd definitely be interested in a focus on Carrie Page and Cooper trying to make sense of the alternate Peaks they're in. Undecided if I want the returning cast members as bizarro world versions of themselves or not, it might be nice to have a new cast of characters in the town to shake things up. I hope we see a focus on Sarah Palmer/Mother in some capacity as well. The more Sheryl Lee and Zabriskie the better :)
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

If the cast and crew heard about a sudden burst of theorizing and rumor spreading, they would certainly be inclined to have some fun with it, I think.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I agree.

Something has occurred to me though, which I don't think has come up so far. I still maintain that the Horror Museum tweet is the only definite lead (and the Michael Horse tweet is about 10% of a lead). They were deliberately coy about what that tweet meant.

However, the horror museum then tweeted an article about a Season 4, saying "at least we aren't the only ones talking about it!" (or words to that effect). Isn't that an explicit admission of what they meant in the first tweet? It could be taken to mean "we're not the only ones spreading rumours", but if you assume they know about a Season 4, it makes more sense.

Then there was the statement from someone who asked them how excited they were on a scale of 1 to 10, and they said "1 million" (was that here? sorry, forgot who it was).

I want to dampen my expectations, but even just these pieces of info make me very hopeful.

I've assumed that a continuation would feature Tamara Preston and Gordon Cole, since Lynch seemed to really enjoy that side of it, perhaps wondering where Cooper is, or making plans to locate him. Then a separate thread would follow Cooper and Carrie. That's totally conventional though, so I assume it's nonsense.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Also, didn't someone here a while ago say that they had heard from one prominent TP actor (unnamed) that they had expressed disappointment with their small role in S3. But they had been told "doesn't matter- you'll have a lot more to do in the next season". This could already be growing in my retelling of it, but I distinctly remember something like that, and wondering if it was Ray Wise.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The plot thickens? Or fails to thicken at all?

I usually post the more hyped up tweets that could mean something, but in the interest of fairness, also posting ones that could discount anything happening at all. Worth noting the cast are still under NDAs and couldn't outright admit to hinting at a new season. All they can really do at this stage, IF there's a new season coming, is hint vaguely by retweeting things, etc.

(I still think the tweets from Sheryl, Mark, Kyle, and possibly Lynch meaning something, though. And I still think there's going to be a new season and/or movie.)
Attachments
yllx09fu68q31.jpg
yllx09fu68q31.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 6781 times
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

baxter wrote:Also, didn't someone here a while ago say that they had heard from one prominent TP actor (unnamed) that they had expressed disappointment with their small role in S3. But they had been told "doesn't matter- you'll have a lot more to do in the next season". This could already be growing in my retelling of it, but I distinctly remember something like that, and wondering if it was Ray Wise.
I remember Lynch telling Ray Wise, "your character is dead but we might be able to work around that" (or something along those lines) BEFORE Season 3. Not so sure about him being told he'd have a bigger role in Season 4, but something about what you're saying does sound vaguely familiar.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

baxter wrote:Also, didn't someone here a while ago say that they had heard from one prominent TP actor (unnamed) that they had expressed disappointment with their small role in S3. But they had been told "doesn't matter- you'll have a lot more to do in the next season". This could already be growing in my retelling of it, but I distinctly remember something like that, and wondering if it was Ray Wise.
Apparently Lynch said that to Scott Coffey who played 'Trick'.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Thanks Jerry- that is great info (and not what I was hoping for at all!).

I assume that all TP actors have to deny anything when asked directly, so the Harry Goaz thing doesn't tell us anything (but neither did his former tweet in my view).

I think we're going to have a burst of activity and speculation on here for a week or so, then it'll all go quiet until we hear something next year.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Interesting. Over on reddit, there's a lot of talk about Season 3B. That a lot of footage for a new season was actually already shot during filming of Season 3 (referred to in this theory as Season 3A).

Jerry, your tweet about Scott Coffey's comments made me wonder, how likely is it that this could be true? There was an article at the time, indicating two seasons had been shot, but people later assumed that was confusion over the jump from 9 episodes to 18 episodes.

I assumed a Season 3B was bullshit, but now I'm wondering. What do you think?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Jonah wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Interesting. Over on reddit, there's a lot of talk about Season 3B. That a lot of footage for a new season was actually already shot during filming of Season 3 (referred to in this theory as Season 3A).

Jerry, your tweet about Scott Coffey's comments made me wonder, how likely is it that this could be true? There was an article at the time, indicating two seasons had been shot, but people later assumed that was confusion over the jump from 9 episodes to 18 episodes.

I highly doubt it. Apparently they felt rushed just shooting what ended up on the screen. I asked someone who read the shooting script and they said no.

So my opinion is no.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I've been wondering the same thing, and it was an intriguing rumour back in the day. It's not inconceivable- it was be far easier to film everything in one go, then edit the first half, and leave the rest back, than to start again with a new season.

But that doesn't square with making the most of the budget. I've always assumed that the 3B rumours resulted from incomplete knowledge of how it was going to be released. Showtime hinted that they were thinking of very ambitious things, then it was the most conventional it could possibly be.

I really like that they released episodes in drabs though. The recent Veronica Mars revival, that dumped all in one go, made it impossible to avoid spoilers when you have young kids and can't just binge watch a show anymore!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Jonah wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:

I highly doubt it. Apparently they felt rushed just shooting what ended up on the screen. I asked someone who read the shooting script and they said no.

So my opinion is no.
Ah, ok. Thanks for that info.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I just read the Season 3B stuff on Reddit, and if that was the case I'd watch it, but it sounds like a hugely frustrating experience (i.e it would be something like "Inland Empire: More Stuff That Happened"). I want answers dammit!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So, regarding the Sheryl Lee tweet, I saw someone say that apparently that Twitter is a page run for her, not her own personal page. She seems to have some input into what is posted and asks them to post things from time to time. But probably not this retweet. And Harry Goaz is saying his posts don't mean anything. Everyone on here and reddit say Kyle regularly posts about TP. Mark's tweet about the golden shovel could just be about the US political situation. David Lynch's tweets - who knows? Boxset? That Snoqualmie filming foundation I posted a link to a page or two back? Something else? That just leaves the HHM tweet and maybe Michael Horse's post then.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Interesting, thanks.

This is now going to build and build across media outlets, and silence from the production team would be interesting. Then again, if they come out and deny it, we know they have lied in the past! So we're stuck waiting basically.