Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
I wonder why Peyton would say Season 4 felt unlikely to him?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 11.42.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 11.42.04 AM.png (62.77 KiB) Viewed 6680 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Rudagger wrote:Season 3 is messy and all over the place, dropping motifs (bye social media and bridge motifs, you were fun for three episodes) on a whim, and time jumping to escape plot issues, repetitive villain beats ("Enter room, pontificate, do something despicable or disgusting while the other characters are too afraid to act, finish pontificating, leave scene" - describes every Varga scene).
Varga's one of the juiciest characters in TV history - I enjoyed every second he was on the screen. Boy, what a villain!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Soolsma wrote:Re Jerry> That is true. I guess you mean Frost and Peyton (surely not Lynch). Now that I think of it, I do vaguely remember one of the 'other' directors mentioning Frost personally contacting them about the show returning around the time of the announcement of TR. Think it was Peyton, maybe Engels, not sure.
For sure not Lynch! For those who don't know, Peyton recently had some rather negative things to say about Lynch and his comments concerning S2.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Re Jerry> That is true. I guess you mean Frost and Peyton (surely not Lynch). Now that I think of it, I do vaguely remember one of the 'other' directors mentioning Frost personally contacting them about the show returning around the time of the announcement of TR. Think it was Peyton, maybe Engels, not sure.
For sure not Lynch! For those who don't know, Peyton recently had some rather negative things to say about Lynch and his comments concerning S2.
Not usually one for gossip, but would be interested in hearing more about this? Because I like hearing analysis of Season 2. Tried Googling, but can't find anything.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Not usually one for gossip, but would be interested in hearing more about this? Because I like hearing analysis of Season 2. Tried Googling, but can't find anything.
If I recall, it was in reply to a tweet or on Instagram, not something you would easily find by googling. You might try searching Dugpa.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I would kill to see Peyton and Engels involved in Peaks again (esp after Peyton's work on Channel Zero), but I think at core Lynch/Frost are only comfortable with themselves doing it solo and I can't fault that, especially after Season 3 (and Peyton's comments on it). I also don't know how close Peyton is to either of them these days, so he may not be in any position to know anything.

ETA: Ah, I see we've covered that mini-drama, lol.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks for the link. Was interesting to read all of that.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Peyton is probably the most credible source yet. And it's not good news. Hawk's post had my mind racing but now I'm thinking VR 2020...
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Could be the VR thing, but as of now I'm still thinking a movie or new season.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I hope so too. Good news is the rumor is known by Peyton. Lynch/Frost others have yet to deny.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

In more vague-and-possibly-not-suggestive-but-still-could-be social media post news, Ray Wise retweeted an image of him and Kyle from Season 2, saying "it's a moment that will stay with him forever".

https://twitter.com/therealraywise/stat ... 81313?s=19

Not sure how often he posts TP-related stuff?

AND

Harry Goaz made another suggestive instagram comment. (According to stalkers, ahem, um, users on reddit, he's also in Beverly Hills this week.....)
Attachments
76wm8x0dc6q31.jpg
76wm8x0dc6q31.jpg (43.68 KiB) Viewed 6478 times
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jonah wrote:In more vague-and-possibly-not-suggestive-but-still-could-be-social-media-post news, Ray Wise retweeted an image of him and Kyle from Season 2, saying "it's a moment that will stay with him forever".

https://twitter.com/therealraywise/stat ... 81313?s=19

Not sure how often he posts TP-related stuff?

AND

Harry Goaz made another suggestive instagram comment. (According to stalkers, ahem, um, users on reddit, he's also in Beverly Hills this week.....)
Does anyone know if Ray's Twitter profile normally has the "Between Two Worlds" banner and Leland as the profile picture? Seems a bit much compared to his long filmography, unless there's a reason of course :-)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I do think it's curious that in just the last few days to couple of weeks, Kyle McLachlan, Harry Goaz, Michael Horse, Ray Wise, Mark Frost, and even David Lynch himself have all made a TP-related post, almost as if they're leading up to something.... Maybe some of these regularly post about TP (many say Kyle does) but that seems like quite a few people in a short space of time. And then with all the other stuff (the HHM tweet, the Rebekkah Del Rio video, the Salish Lodge tweet, and whatever else there was - probably a few more things), it does seem like something that keeps spreading, all within a very short period of time.

Who else has been known to post tidbits on their social media in the past, leading up to Season 3 or other announcements? Should we be checking anyone else's pages? I've checked Kimmy Robertson's, Sherilyn Fenn's, and Sabrina Sutherland's, but nothing so far on any of those. I think the reddit people are probably keeping tabs on everyone anyway, as most of the social media news seems to break on there.
eyeboogers wrote: Does anyone know if Ray's Twitter profile normally has the "Between Two Worlds" banner and Leland as the profile picture? Seems a bit much compared to his long filmography, unless there's a reason of course :-)
Hmm. Just saw that. It is odd. But I have no idea if it's always there or not. Seems strange, if so.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

From a user (u/noahmanskar) on reddit:

"I think a lot of this stuff - at least Lynch's 9/18 tweet and the Salish Lodge being closed - is related to an effort to promote the film industry in the Seattle area. King County (which includes Seattle) announced a bunch of programs to support filmmaking and they did a press event at Twede's (the RR) in North Bend on 9/18. The press release has a quote from Lynch that's identical to his tweet. Salish may have also hosted some event related to this. https://www.kingcounty.gov/elected/exec ... onomy.aspx"