Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

UnderTheSycamores wrote:Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted, really excited to see the hype machine revving up again and a lot of familiar names popping up here again. Been lurking off and on like a lot of you till now :D
Metamorphia wrote:
Jonah wrote:I'm not a Breaking Bad fan, but I heard the movie of BB was mostly shot in secret. Is it possible a TP movie or TP episode could have been shot in secret over the course of the last couple of months or so?
Sure. Especially if it follows trajectory and style of episode 18 (i.e. motels, nondescript highways, soundstages, general non town places).
I'd agree with exception to the Palmer house scene, that was one of the most heavily discussed parts of the shoot on here (I was in attendance) and they didn't have issue with onlookers. Heck, Kyle even came over to thank all the fans at one point during the night shoot. I also remember the Everett, WA paper had an article printed the day before they shot the Carrie and Cooper scenes alerting residents to expect screams from the filming :lol:

I'm bursting with excitement over the potential here, and will definitely be there in a heartbeat if they're doing more location shooting in the area.
I'd love a copy of that article!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jonah wrote:5 minutes until 2.53 PM PST, 10/1.

:?: :|
And - nada.

:? :roll: :cry: :oops: :x
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Pinky wrote:mark's at it again on Twitter: 'best news of the day..'
I'm sorry but you're really stretching, I think. It's a comment on a piece about the ongoing Trump impeachment inquiry stuff (he is very political).

Nothing to do with Twin Peaks. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, etc.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jonah wrote:
Jonah wrote:5 minutes until 2.53 PM PST, 10/1.

:?: :|
And - nothing.

:? :roll:

:cry:
Savor the period of speculation that precedes elation or deflation.
UnderTheSycamores

Post by UnderTheSycamores »

LateReg wrote:
UnderTheSycamores wrote:Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted, really excited to see the hype machine revving up again and a lot of familiar names popping up here again. Been lurking off and on like a lot of you till now :D
Metamorphia wrote:
Sure. Especially if it follows trajectory and style of episode 18 (i.e. motels, nondescript highways, soundstages, general non town places).
I'd agree with exception to the Palmer house scene, that was one of the most heavily discussed parts of the shoot on here (I was in attendance) and they didn't have issue with onlookers. Heck, Kyle even came over to thank all the fans at one point during the night shoot. I also remember the Everett, WA paper had an article printed the day before they shot the Carrie and Cooper scenes alerting residents to expect screams from the filming :lol:

I'm bursting with excitement over the potential here, and will definitely be there in a heartbeat if they're doing more location shooting in the area.
I'd love a copy of that article!
Thank God for Google :)

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/there%C2 ... %92-house/
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

How would you all feel about a Showtime (in the style of Netflix) 2 or 3 hour movie rather than a new season? It would be like FWWM but a spiritual "Season 4", just a more traditional-length movie, possibly focused on Carrie Page and Cooper in that TP we left them in at the end of Season 3.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:How would you all feel about a Showtime (in the style of Netflix) 2 or 3 hour movie rather than a new season? It would be like FWWM but a spiritual "Season 4", just a more traditional-length movie, possibly focused on Carrie Page and Cooper in that TP we left them in at the end of Season 3.
In some ways, a movie of that length might be preferable.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

We've been discussing this already - I'm fine with whatever they do.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Lynch had planned to do a few more movies after FWWM.
Heck, even "Season 3" is technically one 18-hour movie.
So maybe a movie or 2 or 3 would be the way to go. Not sure if Showtime does big movie streams like Netflix does, but that format seems to be quite popular of late. So I'd be up for 2 or 3 TWIN PEAKS movies (or even just one if Lynch has a Carrie Page itch to scratch), rather than a "Season 4".
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jonah wrote:Lynch had planned to do a few more movies after FWWM.
So maybe a movie or 2 or 3 would be the way to go. Not sure if Showtime does big movie streams like Netflix does, but that format seems to be quite popular of late. So I'd be up for 2 or 3 TWIN PEAKS movies (or even just one if Lynch has a Carrie Page itch to scratch), rather than a "Season 4".
I wouldn't mind having a piece of cake. But it would be even greater to have a whole cake.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

eyeboogers wrote:
Jonah wrote:Lynch had planned to do a few more movies after FWWM.
I wouldn't mind having a piece of cake. But it would be even greater to have a whole cake.
Yes, please.
tp_cake_1c.jpg
tp_cake_1c.jpg (213.08 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
tp_cake_1a.jpg
tp_cake_1a.jpg (142.98 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
tp_cake_1b.jpg
tp_cake_1b.jpg (157.11 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
This one's not too shabby either...
tp_cake_2.jpg
tp_cake_2.jpg (191.16 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I've missed the feeling of waking up to 6 pages of new dugpa posts!

I still think the only firm source is the horror museum tweet. Kyle tweets something TP related practically every day, so his donut post could simply be the latest. The Michael Horse one is a bit fishy, I concede. Everything else looks like random coincidence to me.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

baxter wrote:I've missed the feeling of waking up to 6 pages of new dugpa posts!

I still think the only firm source is the horror museum tweet. Kyle tweets something TP related practically every day, so his donut post could simply be the latest. The Michael Horse one is a bit fishy, I concede. Everything else looks like random coincidence to me.
When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention. ;)
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

:-D

Exciting times to be sure. I was recalling watching the first few minutes of S3 earlier, and getting all nostalgic. I was so obsessed with the show coming back, that I could barely comprehend even the idea of watching new TP. S4 wouldn't have that mind-bending effect, but it would still be awesome.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.