Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

Jonah wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
Jonah wrote:
Is there a significance to Friday or Monday or just more likely days for big news announcements? (Or anniversary of 2016 announcement?)
Sunday is the anniversary.
Friday is the classic big news dump day.
Teasing it and dropping the reveal on Monday, however, would fit the pattern they used last time.
Ah ok. That all makes sense.

Do you personally think there could be anything to do the 2.53 10/1 thing? (Or 10/2?) (What was the actual reference again?)
2:53 (Eastern) has come and gone, so no. I think it had to do with Major Briggs' message?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah, can't remember if it was just 10/1 or 10/2.

2.53 pm in California (Lynch's time zone) is just under an hour away, right? So if nothing by then, I'll assume the reference is wrong. I'm in Europe myself, so figuring out the time codes it a bit tricky.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jonah wrote:2.53 pm in California (Lynch's time zone) is just under an hour away, right?
Yep. I'm not betting on anything, though.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I just saw the theory on reddit. The only thing that might make me think it's true is that Kyle posted this morning. Seems like something he'd do just before a big announcement from Lynch/Frost. But if it's not today or Friday/Monday, then my hype will go down.

Weirdly, I had been googling "twin peaks season 4" on and off the last few weeks/days and checking Google news. But today I just stumbled across this all by chance on the r/horror forum on reddit. I was just settling down to watch a movie too. That went out the window as I began down this rabbit hole, lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks for that!

Ah ok. So 10/1 and 10/2 are both in play. Lol. Maybe a tweet from Frost on 10/1 and one from Lynch on 10/2?
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Blue Rose
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jonah wrote:For people just joining the hype or thread like me, here's a summary of things so far:

Someone on reddit (u/WilsonKeel) posted this summary

"In just the last 10 days or so, we've had:

[*]David Lynch's tweet about his love for the people of the county where Twin Peaks location shooting was done.
https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/ ... 0893752321

[*]Hollywood Horror Museum's tweet that someone had let some very interesting information slip about Twin Peaks. (Jennifer Lynch is on the museum board.)
https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... 5863024640

[*]Mark Frost's tweet about One-Eyed Jacks.
https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1178872611276615680

[*]WeGotThisCovered's source reporting that Showtime is looking to bring back Twin Peaks in 2020.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/showtim ... ks-season/

[*]Michael Horse's instagram of Andy encouraging Hawk not to talk.
https://instagram.com/p/B3DdOqFllAJ/

[*]Kyle MacLachlan's tweet about thinking about donuts this morning.
https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/sta ... 0559432707

And those are just the little teases I know about; I'm sure there could be more."

And I have only a couple of more things to add to that. I'm still working my way back through this thread (I've gone 10-15 pages back but can't seem to find the beginning of when all this started) and I've found a couple of other things to add to this:

[*]Jerry Horne posted that when David Lynch tweeted his tweet about the people of King County, the Salish Lodge was closed for 2 days.
Jerry Horne wrote:I've just been tipped off the the Salish Lodge Dining Room was closed for two days 9/18-9/20. 9/18 was when the King County Tweet went out by Lynch. 9/20 was when the Salish lodge posted about feeling the Twin Peaks vibes.

Probably nothing. Right?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3613&start=690#p120587

[*]The Salish Lodge tweeted on one of those days (September 20th) that they were "feeling the Twin Peaks vibes".
https://twitter.com/SalishLodgeSpa/stat ... 7505499137

Is that pretty much everything to date? Anything I missed?

Couple of other things to add to the big list I posted a couple of pages back (quoted above). Not sure if these have been mentioned in this thread yet but I saw these things on Reddit.

These might be really reaching though:

Rebekkah Del Rio was performing live at the Laura Palmer house. There's a video of this on Youtube and reddit. (This one is weird? Was it a concert?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGTwTpQKXM

Chromatics have a surprise new album out this week, their first in years.
https://twitter.com/i/moments/1179117670744154119
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Has anyone heard of this Season 3B rumor? Is it bs?

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ble_rumor/
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jonah wrote: Rebekkah Del Rio was performing live at the Laura Palmer house. There's a video of this on Youtube and reddit. (This one is weird? Was it a concert?)
She's dressed like the Red Room, in Laura Palmer's house, with a bunch of ID tags and performing during what might be the same period that the lodge was booked.

That's quite the coincidence.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm not a Breaking Bad fan, but I heard the movie of BB was mostly shot in secret. Is it possible a TP movie or TP episode could have been shot in secret over the course of the last couple of months or so?
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote:I'm not a Breaking Bad fan, but I heard the movie of BB was mostly shot in secret. Is it possible a TP movie or TP episode could have been shot in secret over the course of the last couple of months or so?
Sure. Especially if it follows trajectory and style of episode 18 (i.e. motels, nondescript highways, soundstages, general non town places).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

5 minutes until 2.53 PM PST, 10/1.

:?: :|
Last edited by Jonah on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnderTheSycamores

Post by UnderTheSycamores »

Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted, really excited to see the hype machine revving up again and a lot of familiar names popping up here again. Been lurking off and on like a lot of you till now :D
Metamorphia wrote:
Jonah wrote:I'm not a Breaking Bad fan, but I heard the movie of BB was mostly shot in secret. Is it possible a TP movie or TP episode could have been shot in secret over the course of the last couple of months or so?
Sure. Especially if it follows trajectory and style of episode 18 (i.e. motels, nondescript highways, soundstages, general non town places).
I'd agree with exception to the Palmer house scene, that was one of the most heavily discussed parts of the shoot on here (I was in attendance) and they didn't have issue with onlookers. Heck, Kyle even came over to thank all the fans at one point during the night shoot. I also remember the Everett, WA paper had an article printed the day before they shot the Carrie and Cooper scenes alerting residents to expect screams from the filming :lol:

I'm bursting with excitement over the potential here, and will definitely be there again in a heartbeat if they're doing more location shooting in the area.
Last edited by UnderTheSycamores on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

mark's at it again on Twitter: 'best news of the day..'