Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by IcedOver »

hopesfall wrote:Not sure what to add in terms of theories, but top of my wishlist would be a FWWM type film centred around Carrie Page. Something set around the town rather than in it, that fits some of the puzzle pieces together.

I'm loving the hype from a distance, but as per usual I'm going to not get invested in anything until I see something a little more substantial or concrete. Although I feel like the only person that considers themselves a TP obsessive, who doesn't actually want another series!
You're not; I don't want it either. Something about "Carrie" would be the worst option, and certainly I wouldn't want something the intent of which is to piece things together or "answer questions", as if the questions even have answers. After the wild S3, I can't come up with any avenue that could be explored.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

N. Needleman wrote:
BGate wrote:However, is it not possible that a fan account posted the image, tagged Michael in it, and he re-posted it bc he just liked it?
....What? Why would you even jump to this?
1. I didn't jump to anything, I suggested a possibility that hasn't been raised in this thread yet.

2. What is remotely hard to believe about the scenario I presented?
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

IcedOver wrote:After the wild S3, I can't come up with any avenue that could be explored.
That's because you're not the creator. Would you have come up with S3?
Anyway, I don't think things being tied up neatly and questions being answered is something you have to be worried about.
I'll see you in the trees
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Season 4, first scene: Cooper and Carrie walks up to the Palmer house after the lights went out. They open the front door and walk in.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

BGate wrote:2. What is remotely hard to believe about the scenario I presented?
Well, there's no evidence to suggest anything like that happened. How is that as plausible as Horse teasing fans as public rumor and hype builds?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I have no idea what Season 4 will be about, but as with Season 3, I will try to go into it with as few preconceptions as possible.

One guess though: if you thought Season 3 was pure heroin Lynch, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Have we discussed why that Deputy Hawk twitter account is deleted (or never existed)?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtwentz wrote:I have no idea what Season 4 will be about, but as with Season 3, I will try to go into it with as few preconceptions as possible.

One guess though: if you thought Season 3 was pure heroin Lynch, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.
If a season 4 comes out, I would want to see how Lynch tops Part 8
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Rainwater wrote:FWIW, Sunday, October 6th, is the 5-year anniversary of the official announcement of S3.
Thursday would be the anniversary of the Frost-Lynch tweets.

But, dates and anniversaries have never meant that much for TP, have they
After that Kyle tweet, this was my exact thought as well. Maybe they'll do that, or even the same Friday to Monday tease, pretty much 5 years to the day.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Here you go man:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DcyCVFM9c/

It'd probably be wise to stop being so certain about things that are completely uncertain at this point.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

eyeboogers wrote:Have we discussed why that Deputy Hawk twitter account is deleted (or never existed)?
Do you mean his Instagram?
https://www.instagram.com/officialdeputyhawkk_/
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

hopesfall wrote:Not sure what to add in terms of theories, but top of my wishlist would be a FWWM type film centred around Carrie Page. Something set around the town rather than in it, that fits some of the puzzle pieces together.
I really like this idea, and if a new season is in the works, something like this strikes me as quite possible.

What's probably less likely, but would be really interesting: a new prequel series focusing on the original Blue Rose mystery featuring a young Jeffries & Cole tandem.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Rainwater wrote: That's because you're not the creator. Would you have come up with S3?
Anyway, I don't think things being tied up neatly and questions being answered is something you have to be worried about.
Anything new would likely build off S3 unless he's going to have gay cowboys eating pudding and call that "Twin Peaks". Aside from doing the same thing as S3, which is as extreme as you can get and covers all the bases in terms of messing with viewers, I don't know what could be done. It's not like he usually goes too far outside his comfort zone, as S3 was a collection of his old ideas, some used and some not used. So just doing the same thing I personally don't find appealing. For instance, another round of concerts at the Roadhouse? Two years ago, unique. Done again, not so much.

Whatever, though. Until an announcement or denial is made, speculation is almost useless.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Alright, I get it, you weren't a huge fan of S3, you're not too excited. Why even bother talking about it, then?

Count me into the "officially hyped" team. I'd like to be skeptical but I can't take this any longer
theslowcentury

Post by theslowcentury »

4/8/20 It’s happening again - according to one twitter account I think we all know (check the header)