Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
N. Needleman

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby N. Needleman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:17 pm

^ What he said.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma

Postby Soolsma » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:29 am

Naturally I agree. But, if one is truly that desperate to have some info on S4, it might be better to have an occasional imaginary deadline instead of having to hold out hope every single day. :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Phillip Jeffries_40

Postby Phillip Jeffries_40 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 am

Certainly Lynch said when finished the third season that if there was a fourth Season, It would four years since 2017. It would be 2021. It was said BY LYNCH.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:53 am

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:Certainly Lynch said when finished the third season that if there was a fourth Season, It would four years since 2017. It would be 2021. It was said BY LYNCH.

I don’t have the exact quote in front of me, but I believe what he said is it would be a MINIMUM of four years. I.e., if he started writing the new season at that moment, he couldn’t complete it in less than four years.
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:24 am

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote: It would four years since 2017. It would be 2021. It was said BY LYNCH.

No it was as people keep telling you. Lynch told how long it took from actual pre-production ramped up and until editing was done. He used that as saying that it would be the shortest amount of time another season could be done in - which is a looong time in TV terms. Lynch has never indicated that we should aim all of our hopes at 2021. Besides, I think what most of us would like more than any deadline, is a simple yes/no to the question "will there ever be more Twin Peaks?"

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”