Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

I remember that a few months before of the Third season, Lynch and Frost lied to us When they said that don,t have ideas for more twin Peaks y Lynch also said that he only was painting. if they are thinking in more twin Peaks, they will do the same. they won,t do nothing until a possible annoucement.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

bosguy1981 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:It doesn't look good at this point.

I like the observation I read recently about the final shot of S3. Laura whispers in Coop's ear but we don't hear what she's saying, unlike S2 where they felt the need to add "My Father killed me." The final shot reclaims that mystery...into eternity it seems.
I've always loved the idea that that shot would be the last thing we ever see -- the mystery restored, basically.

And while I don't expect we'll get more Twin Peaks I will just remind everyone that Lynch (and Frost) lied to us for years in interviews, saying they did not have ideas for more Twin Peaks even while they were actually planning and writing it. If they are going to be planning/writing more, they'll lie to us (including to reporters) again.
I Agree with you. David Lynch and Mark Frost are very good poker players.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

IcedOver wrote:
bob_wooler wrote: Yep, the lying-tactic has been used before. Back in January Sabrina Sutherland obviously lied about the reason she made the inquiry about that black woman she wanted contact info about.
I read something about that, but what was she lying about?
She obviously lied about why she needed contact info about the woman in the video. First she said this: "Help!! Can anyone tell me who this woman is??? Please???!!! I really want to talk with her!!! (No Joke!!!). Thank you!!!"

After she got the info she needed she said the reason for her inquiry was that she just wanted "to see more of her as I think she's pretty funny!", like she wanted to see more videos or something. Not extremely believable.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:https://youtu.be/jWp-9BlUpoA?t=2187
Found this on Reddit
Thanks for sharing. I was starting to give up hope in terms of more "Twin Peaks" but that wasn't much of a poker face :-D Seems Lynch is cooking something, and it's not quinoa.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Yes, it very much looked like he is upto something, that pause and smile before the answer said it all
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Yesterday, in Manchester international festival David Lynch was asked what he thinks is happening in Twin Peaks right at this moment. This was Your answer;

it's a very troubling afternoon there"

For me, David Lynch is planning something with Twin Peaks. That pause and that smile When he said...

It is strange that twin peaks archive has not said anything about this on twitter with how optimistic it was on twitter.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

krishnanspace wrote:https://youtu.be/jWp-9BlUpoA?t=2187
Found this on Reddit
Thank you very much for sharing!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:Yesterday, in Manchester international festival David Lynch was asked what he thinks is happening in Twin Peaks right at this moment. This was Your answer;

For me, David Lynch is planning something with Twin Peaks. That pause and that smile When he said...

It is strange that twin peaks archive has not said anything about this on twitter with how optimistic it was on twitter.
Well, I’m winding down my social media life. Secondly, I don’t see anything positive in his words. I’d love to see more though.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’m with Jerry. All I’m seeing in his response is the awkwardness of a writer being asked to work as an improv artist. Most writers dislike being asked that type of question at events because it’s like demanding that they write on cue, and I’ve seen authors flat-out say, “I’m not going to answer that.” I think Lynch was just trying to formulate some sort of pithy response to get on to the next question (and also playing up the delayed pause a bit to heighten the audience laughter).

EDIT: Speaking of Lynch’s lack of urgency/mortality, it’s been the same refrain about the Ronnie Rocket script needing work for thirty years. I wonder when the last time he actually worked on it was. My takeaway from that Q&A is that all we’re getting is Dumbland Episode 9. :lol:
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Well it is something, at least. Reminder to everyone who might ever get a chance to ask Lynch about the future of Twin Peaks. Don't be too direct! Remember when he was asked about Carrie Page and he talked about the disturbances. So do a little dance around the facts and preferably, be a little cryptic.

I didn't detect that much awkwardness actually. It struck me more as if he actually took the time to envision Twin Peaks for a minute there.

This could mean anything, really. I think the same of the ''gathering but not cooking". Could be anything between him only sporadically being struck by some ideas, or him and Mark now actively finishing the script to s4. However, I do not have high hopes for the latter, at all.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:Yesterday, in Manchester international festival David Lynch was asked what he thinks is happening in Twin Peaks right at this moment. This was Your answer;

I think that fans are reading too much into what he said, which is exactly WHY he usually doesn't answer at all. He simply gave a generic, creative answer to appease the fans and keep the mood of the interview.

I also don't see him doing a S4. It's too much work, it's difficult to finance, and it's quite stressful especially considering the general praise that S3 received. At most we'll get a 3 hr movie about Carrie's life in my opinion.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

yaxomoxay wrote:At most we'll get a 3 hr movie about Carrie's life in my opinion.
I would die to see Lee starring in something Lynch directed again. Anything will do!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

yaxomoxay wrote:

I think that fans are reading too much into what he said, which is exactly WHY he usually doesn't answer at all. He simply gave a generic, creative answer to appease the fans and keep the mood of the interview.

I also don't see him doing a S4. It's too much work, it's difficult to finance, and it's quite stressful especially considering the general praise that S3 received. At most we'll get a 3 hr movie about Carrie's life in my opinion.
This is TWIN PEAKS, is not Carrie's life.

David Lynch is Who take the decision about Twin Peaks, not you or me.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

To me it didn't look like he was planning anything, but I like his answer none the less.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.