Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jasper »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:
TimeFlashes wrote:This is regarding stuff that was said a couple of days ago, but whatever:

Lynch, in an interview that was posted ahortly after the ending of Season 3: "It’s too early to say if there will be a fourth season of the series. If that were the case, we would have to wait a few more years because it took me four-and-a-half years to write and record this [season]." (https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/ ... lynch/amp/).

He said "a few years". He probably has/has no clue how long it would take to complete Season 4.

I'd like to hear whaeterver he has to say about this now. It is possible that he already has some notion on how a potential Season 4 would and maybe he knows something about air time limitations, which was the main issue with Season 3.
He said EXACTLY four years since 2017 by Skype in a q&q
The cited quote is very poorly transcribed. The actual quote is as follows:

"That is too early to tell. If there was a fourth season, it wouldn’t happen for several years, ‘cause it took four and a half years to do this one."

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN3Ta4Dlx2M[/youtube]
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Jasper wrote:
TimeFlashes wrote:This is regarding stuff that was said a couple of days ago, but whatever:

Lynch, in an interview that was posted ahortly after the ending of Season 3: "It’s too early to say if there will be a fourth season of the series. If that were the case, we would have to wait a few more years because it took me four-and-a-half years to write and record this [season]." (https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/ ... lynch/amp/).

He said "a few years". He probably has/has no clue how long it would take to complete Season 4.

I'd like to hear whaeterver he has to say about this now. It is possible that he already has some notion on how a potential Season 4 would and maybe he knows something about air time limitations, which was the main issue with Season 3.

"That is too early to tell. If there was a fourth season, it wouldn’t happen for several years, ‘cause it took four and a half years to do this one."

Here's the video.
Ok. Finished discussion
Last edited by Phillip Jeffries_40 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Jasper wrote:

Here's the video.
Ok. Finished discussion
Last edited by Phillip Jeffries_40 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Wanting something and beliving it will realistically happen are two entirely different things. Jasper clearly wants more TP, since he has been more dedicated than anyone in tracking what the various parties actually say in regards to a potential continuation. If he didn’t want to see more made, then he wouldn’t care.

Any magic date or timeline for a S4 that people get in their heads is a folly, as we saw with the unexpected delay in TP:TR when DKL walked away for a month. Unexpected things happen all the time, and L/F would take whatever time they need to make sure a S4 is done properly once they have the right idea. DKL has never been a fan of deadlines (Exhibit A: Eraserhead). This isn’t Star Wars or something. There’s no tentpole release date they’re planning to meet, and just because S3 took a certain amount of time doesn’t mean S4 would be in any way comparable.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Wanting something and beliving it will realistically happen are two entirely different things. Jasper clearly wants more TP, since he has been more dedicated than anyone in tracking what the various parties actually say in regards to a potential continuation. If he didn’t want to see more made, then he wouldn’t care.

Any magic date or timeline for a S4 that people get in their heads is a folly, as we saw with the unexpected delay in TP:TR when DKL walked away for a month. Unexpected things happen all the time, and L/F would take whatever time they need to make sure a S4 is done properly once they have the right idea. DKL has never been a fan of deadlines (Exhibit A: Eraserhead). This isn’t Star Wars or something. There’s no tentpole release date they’re planning to meet, and just because S3 took a certain amount of time doesn’t mean S4 would be in any way comparable.
I haven,t said nothing. Out discussion.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Im so jealous of Game of thrones. They just dropped the Final Season trailer. 2 years ago Season 3 of Twin peaks aired alongside with GOT. Brought back some memories.
Only this time there is no Twin Peaks!
Please Lynch and Frost, please announce a new Season!
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm hoping for 2021 because Lynch mentioned the four years. I know Lynch is into numbers so maybe he likes bringing it back on the 30th anniversary of ep. 29? That would be Thursday 6/10/21. I would love to see it back on Thursdays myself. Feels right. Another thing that feels right is an entire season with Good Coop.

If they are writing it now, only a few people know and we won't know until they want us to know.

We have no choice but to wait for official word.
Do you believe that there will be official word this year?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm hoping for 2021 because Lynch mentioned the four years. I know Lynch is into numbers so maybe he likes bringing it back on the 30th anniversary of ep. 29? That would be Thursday 6/10/21. I would love to see it back on Thursdays myself. Feels right. Another thing that feels right is an entire season with Good Coop.

If they are writing it now, only a few people know and we won't know until they want us to know.

We have no choice but to wait for official word.
Do you believe that there will be official word this year?
I have no idea.

I think we have some reasons to be hopeful. Nobody has come right out and said it's not happening. On the contrary, people like Mark Frost and Sabrina Sutherland have expressed enthusiasm about a fourth year. Even Showtime said they want to keep working with Lynch/Frost. Also, things seem a little quiet with Mark and David right now. It's not like Mark has announced he's directing a movie or writing a new book or anything like that. David always has a few small things going on but...it just seems like they could be writing together right now. It's not much to go on but it's all we got.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I think someone needs to hack their Skype. lol
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

krishnanspace wrote:I think someone needs to hack their Skype. lol
My God I was just thinking this.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jerry Horne wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I think someone needs to hack their Skype. lol
My God I was just thinking this.
Also someone needs to keep an eye on the cafe/diner where Lynch and Frost meet regularly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think we have a lot of reason to hope. But I don't think we'll know a thing until they want us to. I think we may well have even less hints than we did with Season 3, where I became suspicious a year earlier as they began working on FWWM and the Entire Mystery, and it became clear Lynch would be filming a skit with the Palmers. I had never believed he would return to Twin Peaks at all up til that point, so for him to opt to do that was a huge flag for me. Still, I never seriously believed S3 would happen til they announced it. I felt something was happening but couldn't be sure what.

This time there's no assumptions. So maybe they'll just be even quieter.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jerry Horne wrote:
I think we have some reasons to be hopeful. Nobody has come right out and said it's not happening. On the contrary, people like Mark Frost and Sabrina Sutherland have expressed enthusiasm about a fourth year. Even Showtime said they want to keep working with Lynch/Frost. Also, things seem a little quiet with Mark and David right now. It's not like Mark has announced he's directing a movie or writing a new book or anything like that. David always has a few small things going on but...it just seems like they could be writing together right now. It's not much to go on but it's all we got.
I don't think it in any way rules out that they could be writing new "Twin Peaks" material, but Mark did mention in a "Final Dossier" era interview that he was currently finishing a book, as well as writing his first play.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm not too worried about Mark as he probably could devote time to writing with Lynch and doing his own projects.

I just don't want Lynch to announce a new film project he would direct. Unless it's a Twin Peaks film of course :)
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm not too worried about Mark as he probably could devote time to writing with Lynch and doing his own projects.

I just don't want Lynch to announce a new film project he would direct. Unless it's a Twin Peaks film of course :)
Couldn’t agree more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk