Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Agent Earle wrote:
baxter wrote:I still think that they're working on it, but that it will take a long time. I just get that vibe.
Lynch said as much after the conclusion of S 3. I don't remember exactly where and the precise words, but it was something along the lines of: if something happens, it is not to be expected before four years. We're now approx. a year and a half since the statement was made. I think it's realistic they'll announce the thing (in whatever shape or form) by the end of this year, then shoot it the next year, and it'll premiere the year after that - in 2021. But those are just my random musings.
Yours dates are goods. It could be.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

krishnanspace wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
baxter wrote:I still think that they're working on it, but that it will take a long time. I just get that vibe.
Lynch said as much after the conclusion of S 3. I don't remember exactly where and the precise words, but it was something along the lines of: if something happens, it is not to be expected before four years. We're now approx. a year and a half since the statement was made. I think it's realistic they'll announce the thing (in whatever shape or form) by the end of this year, then shoot it the next year, and it'll premiere the year after that - in 2021. But those are just my random musings.
Jerry's Twitter account also says "Since 2021". Dont know what that means
I only know that Lynch said finished the season 3 that if there was a fourth Season, would be in four years since 2017. It would be 2021 if all is ok. I don,t know if jerry is refering to this.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Hey Jeffries_40, by the look of your posting style it just dawned on me you are Harry S. Truman. Am I correct ? :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm hoping for 2021 because Lynch mentioned the four years. I know Lynch is into numbers so maybe he likes bringing it back on the 30th anniversary of ep. 29? That would be Thursday 6/10/21. I would love to see it back on Thursdays myself. Feels right. Another thing that feels right is an entire season with Good Coop.

If they are writing it now, only a few people know and we won't know until they want us to know.

We have no choice but to wait for official word.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

2021 is plenty of time for me to lose 20 pounds so I can gain it all back over 18 weeks of Brie, bread, wine and cherry pie.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
blueangel

Post by blueangel »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm hoping for 2021 because Lynch mentioned the four years. I know Lynch is into numbers so maybe he likes bringing it back on the 30th anniversary of ep. 29? That would be Thursday 6/10/21. I would love to see it back on Thursdays myself. Feels right. Another thing that feels right is an entire season with Good Coop.

If they are writing it now, only a few people know and we won't know until they want us to know.

We have no choice but to wait for official word.
I hope so and do have hope and you have written out a great scenario to support for a future. Nothing is beyond David Lynch.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I just hope they do it before too many more people croak. :|

C'mon, we're all thinking it!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtwentz wrote:2021 is plenty of time for me to lose 20 pounds so I can gain it all back over 18 weeks of Brie, bread, wine and cherry pie.
That's the spirit!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

N. Needleman wrote:I just hope they do it before too many more people croak. :|

C'mon, we're all thinking it!
Lynch is the only one I worry about. I think most of the rest are pretty healthy, especially Kyle, who will probably live to be 100.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'm honestly not worried about Lynch - knock on wood. I'm much more concerned about Grace, Everett, Forster or Michael, Ray, Peggy, Richard Beymer, even Piper Laurie if they can manage to squeeze her in next time. It sounds so tacky and condescending to list off all the older castmembers, I know, but sadly we've seen just how time cut a swath through the cast during and after Season 3.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:I'm honestly not worried about Lynch - knock on wood. I'm much more concerned about Grace, Everett, Forster or Michael, Ray, Peggy, Richard Beymer, even Piper Laurie if they can manage to squeeze her in next time. It sounds so tacky and condescending to list off all the older castmembers, I know, but sadly we've seen just how time cut a swath through the cast during and after Season 3.
That is very scary!! If there is a Season 4 , I want atleast 1 scene with Harry and Coop
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

haha- I have almost typed that fear many times, but didn't want to summon bad luck!

If a new season is announced, I won't relax until we see it.

Even if there is no new series, I have a suspicion that we'll get new Twin Peaks related goodness, even if it is just a late interview with Mark Frost in many years where he clears a few things up.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Yeah, Lynch strikes me as someone like George Burns (who shares his birthday) — a guy who lives a remarkably unhealthy lifestyle but will live to be a very active 100 through sheer will power and passion for life. I’ve never read about him having any serious health issues, knock wood.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Yeah, Lynch strikes me as someone like George Burns (who shares his birthday) — a guy who lives a remarkably unhealthy lifestyle but will live to be a very active 100 through sheer will power and passion for life. I’ve never read about him having any serious health issues, knock wood.
Have you ever noted the contradiction of a guy who 1) promotes Transcendental Meditation 2) yet for his meals eats pancakes slathered in butter and syrup (with bacon on the side) and smokes like a chimney :D ?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

mtwentz wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Yeah, Lynch strikes me as someone like George Burns (who shares his birthday) — a guy who lives a remarkably unhealthy lifestyle but will live to be a very active 100 through sheer will power and passion for life. I’ve never read about him having any serious health issues, knock wood.
Have you ever noted the contradiction of a guy who 1) promotes Transcendental Meditation 2) yet for his meals eats pancakes slathered in butter and syrup (with bacon on the side) and smokes like a chimney :D ?
What fun would life (or art) be without contradictions? ;)