Joan Chen's letter to David Lynch (NON SPOILER)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Joan Chen's letter to David Lynch (NON SPOILER)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 1.14.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 1.14.37 PM.png (336.93 KiB) Viewed 11968 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Re: Joan Chen's letter to David Lynch (NON SPOILER)

Post by Shloogorgh »

Well, this probably wouldn't have leaked if she was making a surprise cameo in s3. So I guess I can stop hoping for that now
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Just saw this and wasn't sure where to post it.

Very interesting... I think her making this public enhances the possibility of her appearing in the new show. Only I don't think she will be Josie. I think it will be as another J named character. :wink:
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Shloogorgh wrote:Well, this probably wouldn't have leaked if she was making a surprise cameo in s3. So I guess I can stop hoping for that now

I think the opposite. Why would she let it out and embarrass herself in putting herself out there to get a role only to be told there's nothing we can find for you.

I think this is all part of the game. I believe we will see Joan Chen in some form.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
I think the opposite. Why would she let it out and embarrass herself in putting herself out there to get a role only to be told there's nothing we can find for you.
Maybe to garner support in the off chance that David and Mark actually do a s4?

I hope you're right though
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Cool! I wonder when she sent the letter.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Soolsma wrote:Cool! I wonder when she sent the letter.

Says in the interview around the time it was building steam that there would be new episodes.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think she was just having a goof. Chen does not need the work; she stays quite busy as an actress and is also happy as a mother/foodie. I think she may still be directing.

If this was written before filming, who knows? But I think she's not in it. The perfect place for her IMO would've been in the underworld in place of "Naido" (Nae Yuuki) in episode 3 - that was a stunning sequence as is, but putting Josie there would've floored me.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

N. Needleman wrote:The perfect place for her IMO would've been in the underworld in place of "Naido" (Nae Yuuki) in episode 3 - that was a stunning sequence as is, but putting Josie there would've floored me.
Would she sacrifice herself for the man she tried to kill? I guess being between worlds could have altered her perspective though
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

N. Needleman wrote:I think she was just having a goof. Chen does not need the work; she stays quite busy as an actress and is also happy as a mother/foodie. I think she may still be directing.

If this was written before filming, who knows? But I think she's not in it. The perfect place for her IMO would've been in the underworld in place of "Naido" (Nae Yuuki) in episode 3 - that was a stunning sequence as is, but putting Josie there would've floored me.

It doesn't matter if she needs the work or not. She wants it. As bad Coop once said.

I don't think having her appear as Naido would've been very fulfilling. If we do see her I suspect it will be in a more pivotal and recognizable appearance then that.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Shloogorgh wrote:I guess being between worlds could have altered her perspective though
That's what I'd think. Lost in the wood, Josie would have new perspective on Cooper's role in things.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Josie, assuming she's not making a surprise appearance, is one of many unturned narrative stones, and which could provide part of a rich and exciting season 4. I already wrote this late last night, but Josie, Harry (if he doesn't show up), Annie (if she doesn't show up and isn't dead), Catherine, and of course Chester Desmond could all be utilized. Josie haunting the wood of the Great Northern is an interesting idea. I guess Leo's dead, but if not, there could be something interesting there. Who knows what could happen with this new Renault brother. Probably something terrible. Hank could come back, and while it may not be something for which people are clamoring (least of all Peggy Lipton), there could be something there. So many possibilities.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

N. Needleman wrote:
Shloogorgh wrote:I guess being between worlds could have altered her perspective though
That's what I'd think. Lost in the wood, Josie would have new perspective on Cooper's role in things.

Josie was a lot larger of a character then Ronnette or Jacques. I highly suspect we will never see Nadio again and to have Josie's story line resolved in that fashion would've been rather unspectacular. Unless it was more obvious that it was Josie I doubt that would be how Lynch would bring the character back.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Hank's dead.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

If she ends up not being in it, this letter is gonna break my heart. Funny that she says she knew it would put a smile on his face, but doesn't say whether he ever responded. :?

Wonder if she knew for a fact that Judy was Jodie's sister, or was just going off second-hand rumors like the rest of us?