VIDEO: A Dreamlike Vision of a Twin Peaks Episode #30 That Never Was

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: VIDEO: A Dreamlike Vision of a Twin Peaks Episode #30 That Never Was

Post by Rainwater »

Watched it at night, as per your recommendation. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
I'll see you in the trees
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Rainwater wrote:Watched it at night, as per your recommendation. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
MoondogJR wrote:That was very cool! Great job, thanks for sharing!
Thanks to both of you. I really, truly appreciate all of the responses, and I'm so glad that people enjoyed it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Good stuff!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

Hi there! I'm only commenting because others have and l feel alright giving some negative feedback because everything else has been so positive :) I don't know you, and this is really to everybody commenting, not just yourself.

Here goes:
- Nothing novel e.g. how about silhouettes or clear images of people you know, digitally edited to be in harmony with existing Twin Peaks film footage (you call it "Episode 30", so there needs to be something new, other than the tiny snippet of Series 3 Cooper near the end). Watching old material when you're hungry for new seems like reminding yourself you're thirsty when you're thirsty. I don't understand it.
- No unique perspectives. No connection made between MFAP waving hand over formica table, and thieving nurse waving hand over Annie. If you're going to ruminate ancient history you could have at least done stuff like forge novel connections (OK l admit l'm probably the only person that noticed that link between MFAP and evil nurse, but there was surely room for your own novel connections)
- Ineffectual music. The music would be good for sunrise in the Siberian Tuva, l was expecting Mongolian throat singing to fade in. It feels inappriopriate for an Episode 30 where everything goes even more hectic and evil than Episode 29.

Please feel free to respond. I'm not a hater, but l really think you need direction so l hope l've given you some pointers.

Edit: if this is just a fantasy, a dreamlike vision, as you say, then it's alright! But as an Episode 30, l just don't get it, so please feel free to explain further.

I have to admit l don't like turning the film footage itself into a fantasy. I think a fantasy should be something abstract, e.g. my favourite Julee Cruise song "Movin' in on you" - for me that's a fantasy about Twin Peaks even though l don't think it was ever used in the series. It's just an abstract piece.

Twin Peaks itself has a message, it's objectively a tale i.e. it has a start somewhere, middle, and somewhere an end. As such, l don't think Twin Peaks itself should be a fantasy / a romance, because it's much larger than that. It can contain romantic cycles within it.

Leads me to think about the issues some people have with Series 3 compared with the old series and FWWM. Some people just expect a repeated pattern, whereas the Twin Peaks franchise is bigger than that.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Great stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk