Discussion of the new trailer 5/11/17

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

tmurry
Roadhouse Member

Discussion of the new trailer 5/11/17

Post by tmurry »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsdRG0m ... e=youtu.be

I apologize for ever making fun of people on the internet who say stuff like "there are no words." This was an out of body experience. I don't know If I will survive May 21.
LodgeLove

Re: Discussion of the new trailer 5/11/17

Post by LodgeLove »

Oh, dang, that was awesome! It looks really dark. I think I recognize the "try me" girl from Californication...
In my youth, I'm getting old...
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

That trailer was outstanding. I am so psyched.

Could “Try me.” Madeline Zima be our Tamara Preston.?

Could blank stare Ben Rosenfeld be the new "killer"?
tmurry
Roadhouse Member

Post by tmurry »

Dude, I remember the "try me" girl from the Nanny! Yeah... I thought of Agent Preston too, but no FBI agent not on the show Quantico could get away with those earrings.
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

A few random first thoughts from what we've been shown in this new teaser:

Andy looks happy. Maybe planning a spontaneous picnic with Lucy?

Trailer in the woods first impression: Harry? (dare I hope?)

Woman with the dog: I wonder where this hotel is? Looks like one of the standard franchises. Not gaudy enough to be Las Vegas.

The woman wearing the robe: The broom and black bulbous pitcher make me feel worried for Hansel and Gretel.

Lucy looks perplexed. I've never seen a business card with a large black rectangle on it.

In the clip at the Roadhouse, it looks like the woman is asking "What's Sarah doing?" Sarah Palmer? We saw in the last teaser she's developed a taste for booze.

The "he's coming" woman: Who's coming? Coop, perhaps?

Cole sure is soft spoken in his clip with Albert (relatively speaking, of course). Also, they are ranked as Deputy Director and Senior Special Agent respectively.

Cooper looks quite paranoid, or ill at ease at the very least, seeing the headlights behind him.

Every week I think I can't possibly get more excited for the return, and every week they give just enough to make me want to explode. Nine days and counting. Impatiently counting.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I'm pretty sure it's not the Palmer staircase btw. If it is, it looks different.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Yeah, the trailer in the woods screamed "Harry" to me as well.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Does anyone else find they can't stop watching this trailer?
tamygdala
Roadhouse Member

Post by tamygdala »

2 thoughts -

1. The woman walking down the corridor. You can see room #27 on the left-hand side of the screen. Rooms 26 & 27 were prominent in Lost Highway and Eraserhead. I believe Henry Spencer lived in #26 and his sultry neighbor lived in #27. Also, at the Lost Highway hotel, room 26 is where Pete Dayton saw the red-headed version of Alice/Renee and also the same room where Renee was having sex with Mr. Eddy. I'm thinking that woman with the dog is entering either room 26 or 27, and something bad is going to happen.

2. We all noticed that Gordon Cole didn't yell "Albert" - one Lynchian possibility, what if (with the marvel of modern technology) Gordon's hearing aid device is somehow programed with Shelly Johnson's voice? So, if anyone is speaking to Cole, those words are picked up instantly by the device and also instantly translated by the voice of Shelly "Suri" Johnson, allowing Cole to hear the words normally, and thus being able to respond without having to shout. A long shot but would certainly add an interesting comic twist and tie-in with that classic episode near the end of season two.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

As many have said already, it's hard to say whether the trailer is revealing much about the show plotwise, or even tone-wise.

But I would say one impression the two trailers give to me is that someone new is coming to town who will reopen the past. Lucy receives someone's card for example -- maybe a new FBI agent? -- and we see reaction shots of characters seeing someone. They're probably not all seeing the same someone, but the general idea seems to be a stranger comes to town, which is a classic narrative shape. In fact, it's the original shape of the show, with Cooper the stranger coming to town.

Am I projecting my own ideas too much into the trailer(s)? Probably. But if anyone else has a similar impression, I'd be interested to hear so.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

That staircase, yeah that staircase, haven't I see that one before? Didn't the Woman in Trouble climb those fucking stairs to meet a guy called Mr K? And didn't that bloody staircase turn out te be the heart of all (her) his/stories, or should I write storeys, like floors and alike, because that's what such an architectural construction facilitates; it connects stories - it connects different narrative realms. On top of that, we need to get on higher ground anyway to find redemption, don't we?

Enjoy the ride, Dale Cooper.
Last edited by Xavi on Sat May 13, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I think Gordon just has a much better hearing aid. The technology must've improved a lot since `89. Probably a necessary relief for DL's aging vocal chords.
I'll see you in the trees