Michael Parks (1940-2017)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: Michael Parks (1940-2017)

Post by Agent Earle »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:Btw, what did you mean by the "rescue scene where Jean meets his maker"? Is it the scene where Cooper and Truman rescue Audrey? But where is anyone meeting his maker???
You're right, I totally bolloxed that up. Jean kills Blackie, right? And there's some other dying. But of course Jean doesn't die, he gets taken at Dead Dog Farm later (wait, is that right?). In my defense, it was late and I was punchy-tired when I typed that.

And more importantly, I've only seen that episode twice and the whole post-Leland stretch blurs together for me - I've largely avoided rewatching it, as I find it of very little value until the partial recovery right at the end. But we've rehashed my stance as an unusually harsh detractor of S2 plenty already on this board.

[we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic] Sad about Michael Parks, isn't it?
Yeah, you got the gist of it right. Jean stabs and kills Blackie right before he notices the brothel has been invaded by Truman and Cooper (that already have semi-comatose Audrey in their arms). Then, as they are about to make their escape, one of Jean's goons stops them at the entrance with a gun, only to get killed by Hawk throwing a knife (or an axe, some sharp thing in any case) at his back from behind. And in the meantime, Jean slips away to cause more trouble later (until he eventually meets his demise by way of Cooper's gun at the Dead Dog Farm, correct). Surprised you didn't like the scene which doesn't really have problems with fans, at least not to my knowing.

Don't like S2? Meet me at noon at the John Justice Wheeler Crossroad, bring a weapon of your own choice :D

I'm devastated by Parks' passing. One of my fav thesps ever since TP introduced him to me - what a bad-ass! And that Canadian-French accent! I honestly thought the character was played by some Frenchie, back when I was young and didn't know better. And wait till you see him in a drunken stupor in FDTD 3! :)