Season 3 Opening scene speculation (NO SPOILERS)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 3 Opening scene speculation

Post by mtwentz »

baxter wrote:I think the opening will be tailored to suit new viewers, so it won't reference the old series at all. That means I can't predict at all what it is!

A possible starting plot would be a manhunt for a vicious killer who turns out to be bad Coop, meaning that the series would start nowhere near Twin Peaks. Then it slowly winds back to Twin Peaks.

It will be hilarious reading this thread after we've seen the first episode :-D
Why do you think the opening would be tailored to suit new viewers?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I think there may be something with Cooper in the red room as he is now. I wonder if he'll meet other older people who got trapped in the Lodge and couldn't get out and maybe they will tell mythical tales of someone who did get out, giving Cooper hope he might? (A bit like the Knight in Indy and the Last Crusade). Maybe there will be a conversation that explains where he is and why he can't get out? That would intro it to new viewers who didn't know the last 2 series. Just a thought. Many many maybes! Cannot wait to see!
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

It'll be amazing to open the series in the Red Room. It'd immidiately sent shivers down my spine.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

I have a feeling it will be Laura and the Good Dale in the the lodge, more or less where we left them in 1992.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Some thing tells me lodge as well.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Dropout

Post by Dropout »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was that shot of Cooper walking out of the darkness. Fade to black from the opening credits. Cooper fades back into our sights. He's probably still wandering around the lodge trying to get out.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Venus wrote:I think there may be something with Cooper in the red room as he is now. I wonder if he'll meet other older people who got trapped in the Lodge and couldn't get out and maybe they will tell mythical tales of someone who did get out, giving Cooper hope he might? (A bit like the Knight in Indy and the Last Crusade). Maybe there will be a conversation that explains where he is and why he can't get out? That would intro it to new viewers who didn't know the last 2 series. Just a thought. Many many maybes! Cannot wait to see!
Oh, it would be very interesting if there actually was some other normal person (someone new) walking around and Cooper could interact with him/her.
What if Philip Gerard was actually his doppelganger and we get to see the real Philip Gerard inside the Lodge :O
What if this real Philip Gerard still has his arm intact? Cooper finds him as an old person wandering around the Lodge. Maybe he really is the person seen in the trailer walking with Cooper (he looks a bit like Al Strobel but seems to have his left arm).

EDIT:
OOOOOOH! Gerard found the Lodge before losing his arm. Got trapped inside. His doppelganger got out, perhaps possessed by the Little Man (maybe called Mike as he was in the script of FWWM).
Doppelganger-Gerard himself cut his arm off or in some way the real Gerard was able to get in control of the doppelganger and took off the arm so that Doppelganger-Gerard was able to get rid of at least part of the evil forces controlling him. Maybe the Little Man is partly Mike. The evil part of Mike. And this was how Mike was able to purify himself. By getting Gerard's doppelganger on the loose and cutting the evil part out of him. This made the doppelganger more peaceful too. But the real Gerard is still trapped and he meets Cooper in the Lodge.
kuprin82

Post by kuprin82 »

And how do you like this theory, friends !?)):
Laura Palmer is alive ... At night, saying goodbye and running away from James into the forest, she is kidnapped .... good forces from the White Lodge .. (!), In order to save her from death .. In the forest lodge with Leo, Jacques and Ronnet is NOT Laura, but her double ..
And polyethylene also had a double Laura Palmer !;) Well, in the third season
Cooper and Laura are leaving Lodge ...
Attachments
1623243_twin_peaks_pic.jpg
1623243_twin_peaks_pic.jpg (32.75 KiB) Viewed 10239 times
Last edited by kuprin82 on Sat May 13, 2017 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

kuprin82 wrote:..
I'd delete those images if I were you.. spoilers aren't allowed here anymore, as you can read at the top of the page.
As for Laura being alive.. I don't think so. Never liked the theory.
I'll see you in the trees
kuprin82

Post by kuprin82 »

Thanks for the answer!) The image with the spoiler was removed. I would like to hear your thoughts: Who is Sheryl Lee playing in season 3?
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Laura Palmer is dead. Period. Losing that, you lose a great part of the show's core, and I'm pretty sure that's not something Lynch would do.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

I'm pretty resistant to the idea of Laura Palmer still being alive. Fire Walk With Me would lose a great deal of its power.
It could be well handled so I'd try to judge it on its own merits, but I don't think not being an exercise in nostalgia has to mean lessening the beauty of what they achieved before.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'd like something featuring Coop and Laura, but can't say anymore than that. Or a flashback, featuring the "25 years later" bit. Also, I'd love something like the opening of Season 2 - weird, atmospheric, funny, intriguing, and slow-moving.

It may start with a cup of coffee being thrown through a window, like Mark Frost mentioned we'd see that - so might be a short, snappy scene of that, similar to the TV being smashed at the beginning of FWWM, then cut to something slower and more atmospheric. It might also start with a murder.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

I'd love it to be a mundane few first minutes and then BAAM.

A slow day at the Sheriff's office, Lucy glued to Invitation To Love, Andy struggling to hang a poster, Sheriff Frank Truman staring at his missing brothers photo on his desk when in walks Cooper in his trademark FBI suit, missing for 25 years on a triple murder charge. Wooo!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
kuprin82

Post by kuprin82 »

(! ??? ....) The character of Dale Cooper is Ornithophobia (fear of birds) ..
Attachments
17493901_1290533087651090_8267497288121712640_n.jpg
17493901_1290533087651090_8267497288121712640_n.jpg (107.62 KiB) Viewed 10127 times