Twin Peaks - Under The Sycamore Tree - Redux

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Twin Peaks - Under The Sycamore Tree - Redux

Post by bluefrank »

With the 3rd series due this May, I thought I'd update a previous (2012) Twin Peaks post. (Based around the series and film)
I've tried to pull together all the TP blog aspects and centralise it into one post.
It's the esoteric stuff, so don't expect anything like a typical standard interpretation.
This is not a beginners guide, it is for people who are familiar with the show and its mythos.

A massive amount of work and effort has gone into this piece. With Lynch's work being impenetrable to many, I hope that I've gone some way in cracking some of its mythos. Any questions - then feel free to ask.

The blog post obviously contains "spoilers" - so be aware.

http://subliminalsynchrosphere.blogspot ... redux.html
tmurry
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks - Under The Sycamore Tree - Redux

Post by tmurry »

Thumbs up!
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

Thank you...thank ya kindly.

:D
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

GREAT work!!! obviously a lot of thought and research went into this and i'm glad you shared it with us.. i'm very fascinated by the occult and magick (not in practicing it) and you make many interesting connections to Twin Peaks and the works of Lynch and Frost. much of it i don't agree with and would write off to coincidences and reading things in to it that one wants to be there, but there's no question that there are actual connections as well. thanks!

one thing, you say that one of the Woodsmen in the Convenience Store scene (FWWM), maybe the one played by Jurgen Prochnow, is the husband of the Log Lady. i don't agree with this at all but i have seen it mentioned before, what exactly are you basing that on?
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

THANKS, I LL READ AND COMENT LATER! the esoteric stuff Is what i like the most of TP
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

claaa7 wrote: one thing, you say that one of the Woodsmen in the Convenience Store scene (FWWM), maybe the one played by Jurgen Prochnow, is the husband of the Log Lady. i don't agree with this at all but i have seen it mentioned before, what exactly are you basing that on?
It's conjecture, but with reasoning. Some of this comes from discussions/posts that were made at Twin Peaks Gazette (from years back). I used to be a member, but it's now defunct (unfortunately). TPG had some of the best and most detailed discussion about this show - I've yet to see any other site or forum match it.

Anyway:

Log Lady's husband "met the devil" (fire and the Black Lodge) and likely strayed into the Glastonbury portal which could have led him to contact with Black Lodge and its inhabitants. Fire IS the devil - fire is also linked to possession, and is the cause of his death (but not a "kind" fire, as Margaret makes clear). "Fire Walk With Me" is also an operative phrase (magickal/vibrational chant) that is seemingly linked to actual possession (see what happens to Laura when she utters it). The woodsman's earlier oil gathering (on the night before his death) from this area also supports the idea of straying via this location. The woods are called GHOSTWOOD - many times we're informed of the spirits held within these woods (in a literal sense). Log Lady's husband (a woodsman/lumberjack) is another that was likely/possibly possessed by these Black Lodge inhabitants, just as I believe that "saw mill/logging" Josie was too, hence her spirit being embedded into the drawer knob (by Black Lodge Bob/Mike). It's possible that an aspect of his spirit (log lady's husband) is embedded in her "log" - hence why she communicates with it etc, and is aware of some of the "lodge" activities etc. It's also a bit unusual to use an established actor like Prochnow, for such a small cameo (non-speaking) role, they could've used anyone, but they used Jurgen. We saw both Bowie and Isaak connected to Black Lodge via the ring and their immediate vanishing. Carl (Stanton) is another who likely did too via Fat Trout...Mr Carl "I've already gone places" Rodd. His "gone places" dialogue is sandwiched between images and sounds that relate to black lodge and electricity. Fat Trout was shown to be linked to a portal via the Chalfont/Tremond caravan etc.

Anyway, thanks for your response and interest.
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

A few bits from Season 3 have now been tacked onto the bottom of the main post body. I have broken down a few aspects mainly from Eps3 - Eraserhead fans will be pleased, as much of the new series has borrowed heavily from Lynch's 1977 film. See how I have seamlessly linked the old series with the new.

bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

My Series 3 opening summary is now available to view - I've made a separate post (with spoilers) covering the opening episodes.

http://subliminalsynchrosphere.blogspot ... son-3.html