Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

Post by Venus »

Part 2
Attachments
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg (214.34 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg (214.42 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (206.4 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg (212.84 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

I just picked up a copy this morning. An okay article but I see Mark Frost was completely blanked from the creation of Twin Peaks again. Also they have an update on the actors but fail to mention that Warren Frost passed away.
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

Those Guardian Guide articles are such a mixed bag -- I really like the main article and the one on the music, but the "When did they peak?" piece is in bad taste and sometimes downright cruel.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

johndaker wrote:Those Guardian Guide articles are such a mixed bag -- I really like the main article and the one on the music, but the "When did they peak?" piece is in bad taste and sometimes downright cruel.
Yes that article is massively bitchy. Never seen a round up article written like that before. The writer, Stuart Heritage, must have been having a real bad day.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Not only that, but snark from people who are bad at it is always a terrible look.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Heh, not the greatest article but here are some digital scans for The Guardian Guide. Love the illustration by Ben Lamb tho.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

There it is. Wild at Fuckin' Heart AGAIN.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: TP Season 3 magazine coverage around the world

Post by Venus »

musicaddict wrote:
Venus wrote:
musicaddict wrote:
Thanks - I only want one copy myself! :D
Ok it's not even 8am and it's sold out already! Ridiculous! I'm going to call round some WH Smith's and see if they have it.

EDIT: Musicaddict: That's not the current issue. It will be the one newsstand gets in on 15/16 May they think as I just spoke to them (it's got to be shipped over). So I am going to order that one and then check it on the morning of release for the cover. They said on the phone they'll refund me if it isn't it but it looks like it will be!
I just called WH Smith at Selfridges in London and they say that have not stocked Variety for over a year....If you manage to find a store that stocks it let me know.
MA, if you've not ordered it from anywhere the one out tomorrow is the Twin Peaks issue so get over to Newsstand and order your copy tonight before it sells out by morning http://www.newsstand.co.uk/620-Media-Ma ... ption.aspx I called today and they confirmed it was the TP one that is on sale tomorrow. The man on the phone sounded rather exasperated by it saying they had had loads of calls about it last week!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Venus wrote:
musicaddict wrote:
Venus wrote:
Ok it's not even 8am and it's sold out already! Ridiculous! I'm going to call round some WH Smith's and see if they have it.

EDIT: Musicaddict: That's not the current issue. It will be the one newsstand gets in on 15/16 May they think as I just spoke to them (it's got to be shipped over). So I am going to order that one and then check it on the morning of release for the cover. They said on the phone they'll refund me if it isn't it but it looks like it will be!
I just called WH Smith at Selfridges in London and they say that have not stocked Variety for over a year....If you manage to find a store that stocks it let me know.
MA, if you've not ordered it from anywhere the one out tomorrow is the Twin Peaks issue so get over to Newsstand and order your copy tonight before it sells out by morning http://www.newsstand.co.uk/620-Media-Ma ... ption.aspx I called today and they confirmed it was the TP one that is on sale tomorrow. The man on the phone sounded rather exasperated by it saying they had had loads of calls about it last week!
Thanks Venus, I have ordered now!
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

EW scans

Image Image Image
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Thank you Ashok!

I've got: Total Film, Radio Times and TV & Satellite Week here from the UK (If anyone wants me to post any of my images bigger let me know - unfortunately I don't have a scanner to do it as well as Ashok!):
Attachments
Total Film.jpg
Total Film.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 10180 times
Total Film 2.jpg
Total Film 2.jpg (60.14 KiB) Viewed 10180 times
Radio Times.jpg
Radio Times.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 10180 times
Radio Times 2.jpg
Radio Times 2.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 10180 times
Radio Times 3.jpg
Radio Times 3.jpg (98.05 KiB) Viewed 10180 times
Last edited by Venus on Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

TV and Satellite Week
Attachments
TV & Satellite Week.jpg
TV & Satellite Week.jpg (66.24 KiB) Viewed 10179 times
TV Sat 2.jpg
TV Sat 2.jpg (111.81 KiB) Viewed 10179 times
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Thanks Venus! I don't think I've seen that first photo of Kyle on the cover of TV & Satellite Week!
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

You're welcome Ashok :)
musicaddict wrote:
Venus wrote:
musicaddict wrote: I just called WH Smith at Selfridges in London and they say that have not stocked Variety for over a year....If you manage to find a store that stocks it let me know.
MA, very much hoping the man on the phone wasn't fibbing as he confirmed that the Variety that they released by post today was the TP one. If he was wrong, apologies, as I know it's not cheap - currently the cover they have on the site isn't the TP cover so it's all rather confusing still. If it isn't the TP one that arrives I shall be kicking off to them on the phone as I kept the order based on what he told me - and then passed on that info to you. Lets wait and see what turns up and then if it is the wrong one I will let you know how my complaint goes!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Venus wrote:You're welcome Ashok :)
musicaddict wrote:
Venus wrote:
MA, very much hoping the man on the phone wasn't fibbing as he confirmed that the Variety that they released by post today was the TP one. If he was wrong, apologies, as I know it's not cheap - currently the cover they have on the site isn't the TP cover so it's all rather confusing still. If it isn't the TP one that arrives I shall be kicking off to them on the phone as I kept the order based on what he told me - and then passed on that info to you. Lets wait and see what turns up and then if it is the wrong one I will let you know how my complaint goes!
No worries, that is the cover the Variety website had as their 9 May cover which is the twin peaks issue so I am sure it will be ok!