Great New GQ Lynch/TP Interview

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Great New GQ Lynch/TP Interview

Post by Dead Dog »

http://www.gq.com/story/david-lynch-twin-peaks-profile

Great interview from new GQ. A few small nuggets about season three, but no spoilers. Feel free to merge elsewhere if more appropriate.
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Great New GQ Lynch/TP Interview

Post by Ross »

Really great article with some great quotes!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Fantastic. Wow, this is really, actually happening!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

N. Needleman wrote:
There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts
Loved the whole article and I'm already looking forward to that scene Naomi Watts was talking about.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

I quite like this little friction between Frost and Lynch. I get the impression it really comes together well under creative circumstances (writing).
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

This is an amazing interview in every possible way, funny and interesting and all-around great.
And yet for the first time I'm filled with a vague sense of dread. Part of it comes from feeling Ferrer's absence among those cast quotes. The rest, I wish I knew.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Metamorphia wrote:I quite like this little friction between Frost and Lynch. I get the impression it really comes together well under creative circumstances (writing).
Hoo boy, haven't read the article yet but this piques my interest even more than the Watts anecdote! (I actually hope there aren't too many more like that as I've reached the Zen stage of waiting where I have no hunger to know anything at all beforehand: not even sure I'd watch a proper trailer if they released one, which I don't think they will, at least if "proper" means "setting up the story.")
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think it's creative friction, not personal.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
HungerCity

Post by HungerCity »

“He doesn’t do anything he’s not feeling,” says Laura Dern, who will join Twin Peaks in one of many new mystery roles. “I’ve watched him write a wonderful movie and put it to the side. And maybe ten years later, he’s like, ‘Oh, I might be feeling that movie again now.’ ”
Didn't Laura tease us about a new movie a few years ago? I think David might have even refuted those claims (or am I making this up??)
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Can't wait to see Belushi sip his coffee!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

HungerCity wrote:
“He doesn’t do anything he’s not feeling,” says Laura Dern, who will join Twin Peaks in one of many new mystery roles. “I’ve watched him write a wonderful movie and put it to the side. And maybe ten years later, he’s like, ‘Oh, I might be feeling that movie again now.’ ”
Didn't Laura tease us about a new movie a few years ago? I think David might have even refuted those claims (or am I making this up??)
Yes she did. I personally came to the conclusion that Twin Peaks was the movie to which she referred.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

As did I.
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

mtwentz wrote:
HungerCity wrote:
Yes she did. I personally came to the conclusion that Twin Peaks was the movie to which she referred.
I'd surmised as much, too. Dern had referenced her involvement in an upcoming Lynch project in June 2014 (1) - approximately a year after L/F "finished writing the first two hours." Recall they's started tossing around ideas in the summer of 2011 and began writing in earnest around May 2012 (2). Incidentally, Badalamenti indicated he'd been told about season 3 circa September 2012... (3)

(1) http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... aura-dern/
(2) http://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks- ... ew-846363/
(3) http://spiritandfleshmag.com/interviews ... dalamenti/
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, what Laura probably knew about was Twin Peaks. Maybe she didn't know the full context.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.