The Entire Mystery Blu-ray: how common is packaging damage?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: The Entire Mystery Blu-ray: how common is packaging damage?

Post by claaa7 »

claaa7 wrote:i found it.. mine have english titles, not french though and the discs looks like the original US one with the blue zig zag floor on them, 10 discs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUeUgyvy8vE
EDIT - No its not the same, mine says THE ENTIRE MYSTERY and has 10 discs but the packaging looks the same
tmurry
Roadhouse Member

Post by tmurry »

I live in a low humidity climate and my glue fell cleanly off at the 6 month mark. It actually makes the set easier to handle - it becomes a wallet and a case to put it in. Easier to lose the FWWM scrap, tho.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I bought this set last year but actually haven't even unwrapped it yet. I guess I should expect a shoddy package. Why anybody would put discs in cardboard, especially when it's a collector's edition, is beyond me. Just use nice plastic cases. I got the "Friday the 13th" BD set, and they have their discs in rigid cardboard.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I wouldn't call the set shoddy, I'm a big fan of it, at least visually. My problem with it is it's excruciating to flip through the discs, especially if you're down to the last of them. Also to be fair to cardboard packaging, the boards are sleek and blurays have protecting coating anyway.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i don't have that problem with the packaging, but i have far greater probem...i don't have a Blu-Ray player haha. so it's laying there on my table just asking me to shell out for a new TV and a blu-ray player.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I bought this last year but hadn't unwrapped it yet. I did today, and mistook the disc container as being like the one in my "Friday the 13th" set, which was a similar cardboard sleeve book housed in a metal container. I thought it was supposed to come out. Woops! Guess I should have read up on what to do with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who made that mistake. At any rate, the glue came off with very little pressure, so I wouldn't expect it to have held up to too much pressure once you get down to the last leaf. It was just a bad idea anyway having to make you dig down in the box to grab each tab and hold the upper ones while you pry out the delicate discs. Then they taped the plastic contents description to the cardboard box and put glue on the bottom to hold it as well. Don't know why when distributors are making these collector's edition box sets they don't exclusively use plastic keep cases, even small disc-sized sleeves. The deluxe "Halloween" set did it right, with each movie given its own regular-sized BD case, housed in a cardboard box.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

True that. I don't have a BluRay player, so I didn't buy the box, but a friend of mine has and it literally fell apart and the insides came right off when he first opened it. Bummer.