Windom Earle storyline- what was wrong, what was right

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Talalay

Re: Windom Earle storyline- what was wrong, what was right

Post by Talalay »

Earl was a bit of a whopper but as others pointed out his character did seem quite compelling on that VHS recording... I'm guessing that was when he was teetering on the brink.

Anyways he did at least take the trouble to invert the symbol on the glass plinth and retune the frequency of the woods from white to black so I guess he had his uses after all.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Windom Earle storyline- what was wrong, what was right

Post by IcedOver »

Re-watching the show over the past few weeks, and not having watched most of the Earle episodes since 1991, I found the plotline ultimately disappointing. It would have been better had Earle stayed "on the board," but it points to the uneven nature of the show's writing during the second season that nothing was maintained. The most disappointing aspect was that Earle and Cooper never had a satisfying confrontation. Lynch, true to form, pretty much tossed all the previous plotlines in the trash with episode 29. Some of them deserved the trash heap, but a one-line confrontation after such a build-up was a disappointment.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!