Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by Soolsma »

Melong wrote:
TimG wrote:Salvation for The Netherlands. Videoland will show Twin Peaks!
You can now try Videoland two weeks for €0.01! Good timing.

On the downside, they will show episodes 1 & 2 on 22 May and after that one episode a week (link in Dutch). So they will be consistently behind for at least one episode for the duration of the season. Not acceptable.
9 hours after the premiere.... That's too long for me.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Soolsma wrote:
Melong wrote:
TimG wrote:Salvation for The Netherlands. Videoland will show Twin Peaks!
You can now try Videoland two weeks for €0.01! Good timing.

On the downside, they will show episodes 1 & 2 on 22 May and after that one episode a week (link in Dutch). So they will be consistently behind for at least one episode for the duration of the season. Not acceptable.
I can wait until Monday nights after dark, but the other six days of the week I have to be able to use the internet normally and not get spoiled.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Melong wrote:
Soolsma wrote:
Melong wrote: You can now try Videoland two weeks for €0.01! Good timing.

I can wait until Monday nights after dark, but the other six days of the week I have to be able to use the internet normally and not get spoiled.
I'm in Azerbeidzjan for work right now and have to wait till the 24th..... in the mean time I think I will delete all the social media apps on my phone
FrostedCherries

Post by FrostedCherries »

TweetPeak wrote:i think this is typical for pay tv. id rather watch 3+4 on Sky Germany the same day it is released, but they
push me to find other possibilities. Theres no way i wait till 1st of June till 3+4 are released in Germany.
Meanwhile the internet will be full of spoilers that tell me what happens in EP 3+4.
Spokeswoman from Sky Germany confirmed both 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 are going to be available via Sky Ticket (Entertainment, that is). Begin 3 am. Of course I'm still not totally sure she's really refering to 3 & 4 too, but that was the specific question. I'm a bit surprised 3 & 4 won't be restricted to Sky On Demand, which would require an annual subscription ... Let's wait and see. These things all seem to be based on last minute decisions and bad internal and external communication. I talked to a guy on support a week back and he didn't even know TP. Said it sounded like a special interest "niche" kind of thing ... :roll:
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

In Sky Serien on FB they posted this too but a spokesperson Said there was something wrong and they would only put EP 1 and 2 on demand on the 22nd . You can read this on the Sky Serien Page on FB with User commentary
FrostedCherries

TweetPeak wrote:In Sky Serien on FB they posted this too but a spokesperson Said there was something wrong and they would only put EP 1 and 2 on demand on the 22nd . You can read this on the Sky Serien Page on FB with User commentary
Sky is a mess with this. As a matter of fact, I've had this confirmed directly two times via different channels of communication by Birgit Ehmann, she seems the no. 1 person in charge of the programme planning. You can check out her Twitter. I had specifically been worried about even parts 1 & 2 only being accessible on demand (with an annual subscription) and she said anyone with the monthly Entertainment Ticket would be able to watch the simulcast. Like I said, I'm not convinced about 3 & 4.
vanderohe

Post by vanderohe »

According to the press announcement dating from april they MUST show at least part 1+2 "live"...

Btw, i have the impression they edited this recently, anybody confirm?

https://info.sky.de/inhalt/de/95587015_ ... 042017.jsp
>>>>two and two do not always equal four >>>>
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

I have Sky Ticket (only Entertainment Package) so i can watch the Premiere on Sky Atlantic on Thursday (dubbed) of EP 1 and 2. Sky will, as always, put episodes in English on demand - that has the same infrastructure for Sky Go and Sky Ticket. They usually so this on the same day as the US airing. EP 3+4 would be on demand in a week.
FrostedCherries

TweetPeak wrote:I have Sky Ticket (only Entertainment Package) so i can watch the Premiere on Sky Atlantic on Thursday (dubbed) of EP 1 and 2. Sky will, as always, put episodes in English on demand - that has the same infrastructure for Sky Go and Sky Ticket. They usually so this on the same day as the US airing. EP 3+4 would be on demand in a week.
No, that's not correct unless you have that info from someone even higher in the "command chain". I know about the regular airings on Thursdays. Mrs. Ehmann said it's a bit unfortunate the live premiere isn't mentioned anywhere in the actual advertising.

As for the press announcement, that doesn't seem to have changed from when I first saw it quite a few weeks ago.

All that being said, if I can't watch the premiere Monday morning I'll smash my television in an impromptu reenactment of the FWWM credits!!
vanderohe

Post by vanderohe »

Class action lawsuit inc :evil:
Lets get teh jerry horne activated
>>>>two and two do not always equal four >>>>
jeep
Roadhouse Member

Post by jeep »

In France, episodes 1 & 2 were scheduled monday at 22:50 on Canal+.

They are now rescheduled on may 25th (same hour) because the french premiere, with David Lynch, is in Cannes Festival on Palais big screen on the same day (at 19:30).
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Fuck this HBO Nordic shit looks terrible. I should have ordered it weeks ago, then I could have had time to realize how laggy it was and find a solution. I won't be able to find a Chromecast tonight (one of the few things that can make the thing look decent, apparently). Oh well at least the first 4 hours will have great re-watchability they said.
pineweasel

Post by pineweasel »

NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:I'm fjrom Canada and hoping to watch on CraveTV.

Does anyone know if CraveTV Canada will include it starting at 9pm Sunday?

Thank you!
Yes according to Bell Media press release May 18. And Parts 3 & 4 should be available as a sneak peek immediately following the premiere. Greetings from Toronto!
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Ugh, didn't realise nowTV's livestream is only 480p.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Craves stream quality seems absolutely atrocious :( is it bad all around or better through Xbox One as opposed to a web browser?