Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by Jerry Horne »

Looking like Canal+ for France. Trying to get confirmation.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

It's crazy that we're so close and there is still no information about what's happening with parts 3 & 4 outside of the US.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Showtime Brand Coming to France for First Time in Exclusive Deal With CanalPlus
France's CANAL+ Group and CBS Corp. on Wednesday unveiled an exclusive long-term licensing and trademark agreement that will bring the Showtime brand to France for the first time.

The deal also includes hundreds of hours of Showtime original series and future programming.

Financial terms weren't disclosed.

CANAL+ Group will now have the exclusive rights for at least 10 current and future series produced by the premium TV brand, making it the preferred home of Showtime in France. "The agreement marks a significant expansion of the SHOWTIME brand in one of Europe’s biggest media markets and will also bring SHOWTIME programming to French-speaking Africa, Switzerland and Monaco," the companies said.

Included in the agreement are current and upcoming shows such as Twin Peaks, which is returning after 25 years as a new limited series written by series creators Mark Frost and David Lynch and directed by David Lynch; Wall Street drama Billions, starring Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis; and I’m Dying up Here, a new drama executive produced by Jim Carrey.

The deal also includes the SHOWTIME library with hundreds of hours of acclaimed series, including RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, “Nurse Jackie,” “The Borgias,” “Californication” and “Dexter.” CANAL+ is currently broadcasting the SHOWTIME hit series HOMELAND in France.

Along with the SHOWTIME agreement in France, CBS Corporation has announced similar significant deals with other partners globally, including Sky UK, Germany and Italy, Bell Canada, Stan Australia and Movistar Spain, in addition to other output partners around the world.

More to come.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Twin Peaks has been confirmed for Portugal on TVCine, but not until May 28. http://observador.pt/2017/04/17/nova-te ... 8-de-maio/
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Dalai Cooper wrote:It's crazy that we're so close and there is still no information about what's happening with parts 3 & 4 outside of the US.
To elaborate on this craziness: I emailed Now TV - the UK on-demand service that would have parts 3&4 if they are to be made available for streaming immediately as they are in the US - and got the following very helpful reply:

"Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

I will definitely help you with the information on availability of
Twin Peaks series.

Currently, we have 2 seasons and total 30 episodes available to watch on NOW TV.

Season-1 - Episodes- 1 to 8 and Season-2- Episodes- 1 to 22 are available.

And, the episodes are added and removed as per the broadcasting rights and regulations and you will be notified on it.

Please let us know for which season, you want to watch Episodes 3 and 4.

Awaiting your reply."

:roll:
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

OK, now tv were so useless that I did a little sleuthing of my own and found the following tweet + reply:

https://twitter.com/mummaloola/status/8 ... 9317363713

So it looks like overseas suppliers didn't manage to negotiate a deal with showtime to make parts 3&4 available at the same time as in america :(

If episode 4 is gonna be "out there" for two weeks before we suckers get to tune in or stream, I may search out... other means.
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

[quote="Dalai Cooper"]OK, now tv were so useless that I did a little sleuthing of my own and found the following tweet + reply:

So it looks like overseas suppliers didn't manage to negotiate a deal with showtime to make parts 3&4 available at the same time as in america :(

I have just now signed up to NowTV as I can't get Atlantic either, so this is sad news... :(
The Angels will return...
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Dalai Cooper wrote:OK, now tv were so useless that I did a little sleuthing of my own and found the following tweet + reply:

If episode 4 is gonna be "out there" for two weeks before we suckers get to tune in or stream, I may search out... other means.
For them to have a special deal in that regard for their very own show, instead of keeping it simple, is a bit... (I won't use any harsh words because I'm so grateful that they're bringing back Twin Peaks)... it's a bit unnecessary.
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

i know Stan in Australia is making the first 4 parts available the same days as US which will be the 22nd over here.
Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

Any news considering early streaming of parts 3 & 4 on HBO Nordic?
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Just a thought/question:

Now that the TP premiere starts in the USA on 5/21, does that imply that folks on the east coast will be able to watch it THREE HOURS earlier than on the west coast?

This would mean it'll probably be on illegal websites a bit earlier than on the air for people living in Cali or Seattle, right?
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Do things find their way to those places that quickly?!
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Do things find their way to those places that quickly?!
Usually yes, from what I've experienced back in the day. Not sure how it goes nowadays, but I do believe so.

That said, I'm in central Europe and will be watching via Sky.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Interesting to know! I don't really use those kinds of sites, but it looks like sky have fucked up (if Australia are getting 3&4 immediately there's no reason we can't) and, well, I'd got myself psyched to experience this launch in the manner the creators have chosen to present it
comeongethappy

Post by comeongethappy »

Pretty annoying if Sky Atlantic really won't be offering those additional episodes immediately. Certainly won't be shy about finding them through other venues.