Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by LonelySoul »

hopesfall wrote:This is exactly why I avoid twitter. There's something about seeing that side of artists/celebs you admire. It's just bare-all, capricious and personal stuff. They may as well livestream their bathrooms. Look at Frost arguing with that tosser earlier on.

Ignorant in a way, I guess, but I think it taints their profession if enough people let it.
The amount of political drama that Frost, Peyton and others retweet is annoying. They're certainly entitled to do this and they're just espousing opinions, but it does make one want to reconsider following them.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
DLodge

Post by DLodge »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:
DLodge wrote:18 hours... So is that actually more hour for hour Lynch goodness than his entire oeuvre to date??
I just calculated. The entire duration of Lynch's features counts 21 hours and 43 minutes. We're getting approximately 83% of his whole filmography.( not counted short movies and rest of his work)
Ah, thought it might be slightly less than what he's done so far - but in that respect, that's a massive massive chunk! (then again he hasn't released a film in over 10 years!)
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

Eh, she shot her scenes. Whatever.
DLodge wrote:18 hours... So is that actually more hour for hour Lynch goodness than his entire oeuvre to date??
I just calculated. The entire duration of Lynch's features counts 21 hours and 43 minutes. We're getting approximately 83% of his whole filmography.( not counted short movies and rest of his work)
If we count Lynch's previous TV work, the number comes out to about 61%. Did the math yesterday.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Has anyone thought of this- why did Nevin specifically mention the show will be about Coop working his way back to Twin Peaks?

One of my thoughts is that he wants the audience braced for the fact that the early episodes might not actually touch on the title town very much, if at all.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

adl345 wrote:Eh, she shot her scenes. Whatever.
If we count Lynch's previous TV work, the number comes out to about 61%. Did the math yesterday.
Nicely done, but what's the actual number you came up with for his directorial efforts in total?
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

I know it's a bit off topic, but am I the only one who hates Kyle's real hair?

It looks too brown and too long.

I'm relieved than he's back to the classic Cooper hairstyle in the series (at least that's what we could see in the second teaser), but the guy needs a change in his personal life.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Panapaok wrote:She retweeted this. Jesus...
I agree Sherilyn, Kimmy looks silly dressed as an anime character
I'm starting to agree w Harry Goaz. "What a sad, selfish woman".
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

With Lee and Wise not being among the panelists, I can't help but wonder how much airtime these two key figures will get. Hopefully quite a bit since they're such an integral part of the show and its mysteries.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

missoulamt wrote:With Lee and Wise not being among the panelists, I can't help but wonder how much airtime these two key figures will get. Hopefully quite a bit since they're such an integral part of the show and its mysteries.
I really hope Ray get as much as screen time as possible. During the original run ,alongside Grace Zabriskie he was by far the most superior actor on the show imo. I still cannot figure out how Piper Laurie won Golden Globe while these two weren't even nominated.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Laura Dern and Robert Forster are bigger names which allowed them to produce a mix of old and new cast on the panel. I think that's all there was to it. Plus, even if Sheryl is a regular (and I suspect she may be) they don't want to put her up there when every single question would boil down to "why are you here when both your characters are dead?"
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
TvinPiks

Post by TvinPiks »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:She retweeted this. Jesus...
I agree Sherilyn, Kimmy looks silly dressed as an anime character
:( Just another "religious good person" hypocrite at its finest.
There's not an ounce of religious person in me, but boy, I'll say AMEN to that! :)
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I'll defend fenn and her tweets all day every day if only because of how disproportionately enraged certain ppl seem to get at their unseemliness but RTing that tweet about Robertson is just really shitty
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

mtwentz wrote:Has anyone thought of this- why did Nevin specifically mention the show will be about Coop working his way back to Twin Peaks?

One of my thoughts is that he wants the audience braced for the fact that the early episodes might not actually touch on the title town very much, if at all.
I expect the first episodes will be focusing on both, maybe with single episodes dedicated to each one of them (for example the 3rd solely about the residents of Twin Peaks and then the 4th solely on Cooper, ending with him finally entering the town).
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I know this has been touched on already, but I just wanted to say that it really struck me that they weren't referring to these installments as "episodes" but as "hours." So when Lynch said how he considers it a film that we'll experience in parts, I felt really great. I think they're avoiding talking in terms of episodes for a reason. It's one big, flowing thing, an 18 hour film. It was written that way and shot that way, and it seems like they really want to stress that. I think that's something very special.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

LateReg wrote:I know this has been touched on already, but I just wanted to say that it really struck me that they weren't referring to these installments as "episodes" but as "hours." So when Lynch said how he considers it a film that we'll experience in parts, I felt really great. I think they're avoiding talking in terms of episodes for a reason. It's one big, flowing thing, an 18 hour film. It was written that way and shot that way, and it seems like they really want to stress that. I think that's something very special.
Agreed. I wonder how that will play week to week? One of the traits of the original is that every episode ended with a bit of a cliffhanger. And I think this time around finding where to end the "episodes" wasn't a very easy task.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/