Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by N. Needleman »

Thanks to our own GeekBoyEric on the scene:
David Lynch is talking about his working relationship with Mark Frost using a huge forest analogy. As we all would want! #TwinPeaks #TCA17

"We discovered a world and within this world, there were other worlds.” - David Lynch. #TwinPeaks #TCA17
“I see it as a film. A film in parts is what people will experience.” - David Lynch on #TwinPeaks’ return. #TCA17
From THR's Daniel Fienberg:
“We work together on Skype” was not the answer I expected about David Lynch and Mark Frost’s collaboration. #TCA17
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
brett

Post by brett »

If it is of any help to folks, I created a Twitter list of some good Twin Peaks Twitter users to follow along with during the TCAs and any future news: https://twitter.com/brettchalupa/lists/twin-peaks
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I hear heroin is a very popular drug these days." -David Lynch
:lol:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Kate Aurther:
Lynch: "I love this world of #TwinPeaks ... It was Mark who asked me if I wanted to go back into this world." They met at Musso & Frank!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

my head is spinning
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Eric:
I asked Lynch if he had any idea of eventual episode structure when he & Frost wrote huge #TwinPeaks script. "It was, as you said, a story."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

If the premiere is two hours I'm expecting there to be more film-length episodes. Maybe one halfway through and the finale.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

This is great, but it's a wind-up (and one he is clearly enjoying). He's not sitting out here for 45 minutes to do just this. Something is up.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

DavidLynch is giving #TCA17 a masterclass in speaking poetically about very little.
:lol:
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

N. Needleman wrote:This is great, but it's a wind-up (and one he is clearly enjoying). He's not sitting out here for 45 minutes to do just this. Something is up.
I think I read he's only there for the first 15 minutes, which explains the extra 15 minutes on the panel time
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Joanna Robinson from Vanity Fair:
Lynch says he has no plans for any other projects "I'm deeply involved in this #TwinPeaks right now." #TCA17
Chris Hayner from ScreenerTV:
How has #TwinPeaks the town changed over the years? "Many things remain the same but also you feel a change," says David Lynch. #TCA17
Bruce Miller from the Sioux City Journal:
"We have a lot of work left to do before it goes on the air," David Lynch says of @SHO series. #TwinPeaks #TCA17
Decider:
"You never say no, but right now there's no plans for anything more." Lynch on possible future seasons after this #TwinPeaks revival. #TCA17
Last edited by N. Needleman on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

David, do you think the sky is blue or blue grey?"
"Yes."
About as much detail as DL is giving about ANYTHING #TwinPeaks related. #TCA17
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

When asked if he changed the script based on which cast members could return, Lynch says he wrote #TwinPeaks "hoping for the best" #TCA17
"What killed #TwinPeaks originally was "Who Killed Laura Palmer?" was a question we didn't want to answer," David Lych #TCA17
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Hah, David Lynch hasn’t read Mark Frost’s Secret History of #TwinPeaks and doesn’t want to. That’s Mark’s history and he has his own. #TCA17
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hah, David Lynch hasn’t read Mark Frost’s Secret History of #TwinPeaks and doesn’t want to. That’s Mark’s history and he has his own. #TCA17