About Judy

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MargaretLanternman

About Judy

Post by MargaretLanternman »

I remember David Bowie's character in FWWM mentioning Judy for a second before distinctly stating that they were not going to talk about her, and in supposed drafts for a Season 3 she was to be Josie's sister? I'm wondering though if Judy was supposed to be more than just a Josie doppelganger, like I get the vibe from Jeffries that she was bad news ("Well now, I'm not gonna talk about Judy") like the way he said it was in a tone more akin to fearing/disliking her as opposed to not wanting to discuss her current status (deceased possibly?)

I recently finished a run of American Horror Story Hotel (the fifth season), in it there is a druggy/prostitute named Sally who dies in the early 1990s and has some measure of control over a spirit or a demon (Addiction Demon). Sally had some similarities to Laura, being that the two both did drugs, messed around with shady or dangerous types of guys, and wind up in a bad place (the lodge <=> eternally trapped at the hotel Cortez) also, Josie is eternally trapped inside the Great Northern hotel (as far as we know anyway).

I got to thinking that perhaps Judy was a polar opposite of Josie (who while sweet and kind - had a somewhat cowardly but darker side to her). What if Judy was somehow tied to the black lodge, like perhaps she had/has a pact with them to deliver them more Garmonbozia (suffering) and can mess around with people like summoning spirits like BOB or warping them places & distorting time around said individual? Jeffries was in Buenos Aries at the time of his disappearance, I have a theory that maybe he was to meet Judy at the hotel for a drug deal - and was working a sting of some sort but she knew about it because of her connection to the lodge(s) and instead messed with his perception of time and warped him to the black lodge, where he has been ever since. Also David Bowie was supposed to have scenes for the revival but he died before any could be filmed, which may mean that Jeffries was supposed to come back somehow and perhaps Judy as well? Maybe she can and will make an appearance?
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Re: About Judy

Post by StrangerDanger »

Perhaps Judy was a young woman that Agent Jeffries got involved with while on a murder case, and the Black Lodge got her, like they got Annie (whom Agent Cooper got involved with while on a murder case). Could explain Agent Albert Rosenfeld's sarcasm while addressing Jeffreys, although Rosenfeld is like that with everybody to an extent.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

StrangerDanger wrote:Could explain Agent Albert Rosenfeld's sarcasm while addressing Jeffreys, although Rosenfeld is like that with everybody to an extent.
I think that's more of an indication that he had no clue who Jeffries was referring to. Albert was never *that* insensitive.
I'll see you in the trees
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Rainwater wrote:
StrangerDanger wrote:Could explain Agent Albert Rosenfeld's sarcasm while addressing Jeffreys, although Rosenfeld is like that with everybody to an extent.
I think that's more of an indication that he had no clue who Jeffries was referring to. Albert was never *that* insensitive.
He sadly has it out for Andy, but other than that, agreed. I think that in FWWM moreso than in the show, he's playing the Scully, trying to keep the rest of the room anchored to some vague remnant of rationality...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.