POLL: Predict BOB for S3 [Book spoilers permitted]

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

How do you expect Bob to appear in season 3

BOB won't appear
11%
Cooper will be BOB
16%
Leland as BOB
24%
A new lookalike actor (specify in comments)
11%
A new completely different looking actor (specify in comments)
3%
BOB without a human appearance, now appears as surreal imagery, eg owls, swirling lights and whatnot
14%
BOB will as of now, only have a voice
0%
Old imagery of Silva will be used
11%
A CGI rendition of Silva
10%

Total votes: 340
mine
Roadhouse Member

Re: POLL: Predict BOB for S3 [Book spoilers permitted]

Post by mine »

It has to feature Frank Silva in some way. His Bob is such an integral part of Twin Peaks iconography. The absence of it would likely be felt. It also happens to be the kind of thing that allows itself to be done with CGI and/or old footage.
Noidea

Post by Noidea »

Snailhead wrote:OK now I'm prayin' there was some unused footage of Silva from FWWM that didn't make it into the Missing Pieces precisely because Lynch was saving it to use in S3.
Regardless of how BOB is portrayed, I would love to see his image at least once, even if it's in the form of the "Have you Seen this Man?" poster still the sheriff's office somewhere, something along those lines.
There was a few seconds of footage on the blu ray discs menu screen (the one with the finale I think) of Bob and LMFAP in the red room and Bob says "Fire Walk With Me". I don't recall seeing this scene in the series or movie but I may be wrong?
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Soolsma wrote:I'd be super bummed to have waited an entire week to watch an episode without Coop
Yeah, I can't imagine an episode without Coop. I think that's extremely unlikely.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I have a feeling the new stuff will be very Coop-centric, like FWWM was with Laura. Less of a soap opera, more of a 3rd person story. I'm pretty excited that we'll get to see a lot of him - like many other characters, he became a lot less interesting in the latter part of S2 (glorious episode 29 aside, of course!), and I wasn't crazy about his part in FWWM - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't a lot to work with.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Dead Dog wrote:
Soolsma wrote:I'd be super bummed to have waited an entire week to watch an episode without Coop
Yeah, I can't imagine an episode without Coop. I think that's extremely unlikely.
If it happens, it's probably at the worst possible moment. After a tantalizing, almost torturous cliffhanger that's causing mass hysteria around water coolers.

''Tonight, the revelation regarding Cooper you've all been waiting for. Did he finally escape the lodge? How's Annie? Is that chihuahua truly from Mexico? Find out all these things in a matter of... WILL NOT BE SEEN TONIGHT! Instead, feast yourselves on this extra special Twin Peaks episode, the adult shenanigans of Nicky Needleman!''
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Snailhead wrote:I have a feeling the new stuff will be very Coop-centric, like FWWM was with Laura. Less of a soap opera, more of a 3rd person story. I'm pretty excited that we'll get to see a lot of him - like many other characters, he became a lot less interesting in the latter part of S2 (glorious episode 29 aside, of course!), and I wasn't crazy about his part in FWWM - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't a lot to work with.
Though indeed not as quirky, smart and funny, I think Coop was still the most stable factor in late S2, don't you? I mean, if it wasn't for Coop, what kept you hanging on during those episodes?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I don't think I'd mind. A significant portion of FWWM had neither Coop nor Laura, and I enjoyed it immensely even the first time I watched it. I don't think the series has to hang entirely on him, though he will obviously be in the spotlight for, presumably, most of the time.
I'll see you in the trees
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I guess that's true. I'd still be slightly bummed though.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Ha! Now I also had the infamous S3 dream last night.

It went as follows:
I downloaded an early leak of episode 13 from the new season and my computer immediately caught a virus, which I luckily managed to erase, after that I proceeded to watch the file.

I was kinda bummed because it had no Coop at all, just Gordon with bloody/burned hands drinking coffee from a cup that also resembled a bloody/burned hand/fist.
I remember some random townfolk scenes in black and white and even a James/Donna scene that was actually a cartoon with loads of black/yellow/purple colors.

Somehow all these different parts with very different looks didn't fit together at all and the music was bland mainstream rock... :)

I woke up thinking "I'm sure it'll be way better than THIS."

About BOB: I somehow have a feeling I should put my money on (Robert!) Knepper.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Soolsma wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:
If it happens, it's probably at the worst possible moment. After a tantalizing, almost torturous cliffhanger that's causing mass hysteria around water coolers.

''Tonight, the revelation regarding Cooper you've all been waiting for. Did he finally escape the lodge? How's Annie? Is that chihuahua truly from Mexico? Find out all these things in a matter of... WILL NOT BE SEEN TONIGHT! Instead, feast yourselves on this extra special Twin Peaks episode, the adult shenanigans of Nicky Needleman!''
"And why does it remind us of Coop?"
KawaiiDesu

Post by KawaiiDesu »

My money is on Vincent Castellanos. He's in the cast and already looked the part in Mulholland Drive.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

KawaiiDesu wrote:Image

My money is on Vincent Castellanos. He's in the cast and already looked the part in Mulholland Drive.

GOD NO!!!

SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Leland as BOB winning this poll is disappointing
KawaiiDesu

Post by KawaiiDesu »

secretlettermkr wrote:
GOD NO!!!

Any particular reason? He looks an awful lot like Silva.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

If they are recasting BOB i'd guess Robert Knepper.