POLL: Predict BOB for S3 [Book spoilers permitted]

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

How do you expect Bob to appear in season 3

BOB won't appear
11%
Cooper will be BOB
16%
Leland as BOB
24%
A new lookalike actor (specify in comments)
11%
A new completely different looking actor (specify in comments)
3%
BOB without a human appearance, now appears as surreal imagery, eg owls, swirling lights and whatnot
14%
BOB will as of now, only have a voice
0%
Old imagery of Silva will be used
11%
A CGI rendition of Silva
10%

Total votes: 340
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Re: POLL: Predict BOB for S3 [Book spoilers permitted]

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Snailhead wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:"Let me go back to this period of this character's life that's already been established in extensive detail, but now from the character's point of view so I can show you how she really felt about it all~" :lol:
I'm just waiting for the bit where a CGI recreation of Jack Nance's Pete Martell is revealed to be the Dweller on the Threshold! :mrgreen:
Psst I heard Donna is gonna be Lisa Coronado with a CGI Lara Flynn Boyle face, and for flashbacks a CGI Moira Kelly face.
Bob will appear as a smartphone app. :o
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

OK now I'm prayin' there was some unused footage of Silva from FWWM that didn't make it into the Missing Pieces precisely because Lynch was saving it to use in S3.
Regardless of how BOB is portrayed, I would love to see his image at least once, even if it's in the form of the "Have you Seen this Man?" poster still the sheriff's office somewhere, something along those lines.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Surprised by the leader of the poll tbh. I find it highly unlikely that Leland will be our Bob.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Metamorphia wrote:Surprised by the leader of the poll tbh. I find it highly unlikely that Leland will be our Bob.
Same. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Leland's doppelganger again, or a scene with Leland and BOB interacting in the lodge.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ray Wise is in the show and I doubt he'll be playing Leland's nephew from Missoula. So Lodge inhabitant: probably, Bob: meh... I think not.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

Maybe BOB actually did become Laura like he wanted and he will be portrayed by Lee. (unlikely since Lynch seemed to want to give her a good end with the angel and all that stuff, so maybe he just has her appearance ?)

Has this idea already been discussed before ?
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

CuriousWoman wrote:Maybe BOB actually did become Laura like he wanted and he will be portrayed by Lee. (unlikely since Lynch seemed to want to give her a good end with the angel and all that stuff, so maybe he just has her appearance ?)

Has this idea already been discussed before ?
That's a fascinating possibility!
I think Sheryl Lee would be more than up to the challenge - her scenes as the Laura Doppelganger in Ep 29, the Harold Smith scene from FWWM and the ceiling fan scene from Missing Pieces all demonstrate her ability to play a scary character very well. Oh, and Ronette's dream/memory - she's terrifying there as well.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Considering that Wise said he'll be in every episode, that feels to me like he's going to be some sort of entity, perhaps BOB. Having a lookalike actor would feel weak.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

IcedOver wrote:Considering that Wise said he'll be in every episode, that feels to me like he's going to be some sort of entity, perhaps BOB. Having a lookalike actor would feel weak.
I think Wise was joking about being in every episode.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ross wrote:
IcedOver wrote:Considering that Wise said he'll be in every episode, that feels to me like he's going to be some sort of entity, perhaps BOB. Having a lookalike actor would feel weak.
For sure. There's only one actor who could possibly have a clue about episodes he's in and that's Kyle.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Elioglobalus

Post by Elioglobalus »

An exploration of "Evil Coop" outside the Lodge and how he has managed to avoid detection for 25 years, until we rejoin events in the present day, was the first thing that came to mind when I heard there was going to be a Season 3.

I think MacLachlan is going to stun people at how tremendous and tormented his acting is as the dark and light fight themselves within him and his "inner battle" within the Lodge to regain his "perfect courage" mirroring his "outer battle" in the physical world will be epic.

I may be thinking too linear/straightfoward about this but I cannot see anyone else but Cooper/MacLachlan as BOB. The most powerful amalgamation of Lynch and Frost's storytelling in my view is marrying the dreamlike/irrational with the cause-and-effect linear of the police procedural and with Cooper/BOB at the forefront, they have the canvas to do it.

But, I wouldn't swear this will be their approach on a stack of Bibles.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Soolsma wrote:
Ross wrote:
For sure. There's only one actor who could possibly have a clue about episodes he's in and that's Kyle.
I don't see how anyone could have any clue as to how many "episodes" they're in, due to how it was shot.. I don't think it's likely that any one character will appear in every hour of an 18-hour movie with a cast as large as this, with the possible exception of Kyle.. but I wouldn't bet on that either.
I'll see you in the trees
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Rainwater wrote:
Soolsma wrote:
Ross wrote: I think Wise was joking about being in every episode.
I don't see how anyone could have any clue as to how many "episodes" they're in, due to how it was shot.. I don't think it's likely that any one character will appear in every hour of an 18-hour movie with a cast as large as this, with the possible exception of Kyle.. but I wouldn't bet on that either.
He did read the entire script
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Soolsma wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Soolsma wrote:
He did read the entire script
Yeah, I guess if anyone knows, it's him. Then again, who knows how much improvised/non-scripted footage there is - and Lynch is supposedly shooting again, as mentioned in the other thread..
I'll see you in the trees
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I'd be super bummed to have waited an entire week to watch an episode without Coop